NFL week #2 watching thread

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by knu3421, Sep 16, 2012.

1. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I will be watching the lions at miners for sure tonight!!

This afternoon what is a good game to watch?

2. landfill

landfill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    GO LIONS...Can't wait to go up the the bar tonight and watch them. Although I don't think they will win. Baltimore-Philly might be a good game...Jets-Steelers.

3. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    Locally i have ravens - eagles in the early game. I will be hoping my internet is sufficiant enough to stream the brownies Vs the bengals though. The second game here is Jets - Steelers and i hope the jets cane those fuckers! to me that is the best looking game of the day! :cheer:

Now just to figure out what foods i will be consuming during all this hooplah. Right now i am cravin some breakfast sammiches.

4. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I have to see when houston and dallas are playing as they get priority. Pats on the internet most likely. Though surprisingly they do show a lot of Pat's games down here IF the home teams aren't playing.

5. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    U will watch the pats? Why? They will win by 20 plus against arizona

6. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    10 am games: Ravens-Philly, Saints-Carolina

1 pm: Jets-Stillers, Cowgirls-Hawks.

7. Roland Schwinn

Reputations:
    I hope you are right Road Runner, i been getting slaughtered this year. But i figure they should cane the cards at home and cover the 13.5. I hope! WOO HOO FOOTBALL!!!!!

Oh and i decided to make tacos for todays festivities!

8. ELMACO510

ELMACO510 Resident Asshole VIP

Reputations:
    Fins, every sunday.

9. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Come here Harbaugh, lemme pat you on the back!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  10. Cash

Cash New Member

Reputations:
  11. wicked smaaaht

wicked smaaaht New Member

Reputations:
  12. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You gotta see how lame these dinosaur NFL blackout laws are in the NY/LI tri-state area. Because both the Giants/Bucs and the Jets/Steelers play at 1 and 4 they're the only games televised in those blocks in NY/LI.

Now NFL RED ZONE (which is a godsend) aside, if both of those games are blowouts those are the only options the tri-state area have in full game form. Both CBS and FOX have THE worst programming in it's place against the Giants or Jets game almost deliberately to force you to watch the local game. In other words right now CBS is running a BUSY TOWN MYSTERIES and DANGER RANGER marathon (never heard of that, either have I???) while a fucking great Eagles vs Ravens game is going on at the same time and not shown on CBS when they could and should.

If you're a HUGE NFL fan and you're not a Giants or Jets fan (and there are many) and you live in the tri-state area there is NO worse place to be in the country when the Giants and Jets either don't have a bye or aren't on Sunday or Monday or now Thursday night. If someone more in the sports marketing know than I could explain to me how the fuck like NFL/CBS makes any advertising money in NY/LI when they black out like a Steelers vs Patriots game because the Jets are playing the Panthers on FOX PLEASE explain to me the logic???

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  13. Cash

Cash New Member

Reputations:
    My second week/first season with NFL Redzone. Crack. Here's an article GQ did on it this week:

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/2012/09/mainlining-the-nfl-football-in-the-era-of-redzone.html

[​IMG]

14. Roland Schwinn

Reputations:
    Holy shit the eagles love coughing the ball up in the redzone. 3 turnovers and counting today!

Glad to see trent richardson looking better for the brownies this week.

15. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i've had the directv nfl package for probably 10 years now and this is one of those days i really think about getting rid of it, just not that many interesting games to watch today, for 1 pm the only game of real national interest is the philly/ bal game...other than that i could give a shit about watching NE/ARI or NO/CAR for instance

i think the biggest problem is that the NFL is on too much now..Monday, Sunday and Thursday night games and they put all the good games in those time slots, which is understandable, but it leaves sunday as kind of a barron wasteland..

16. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I for one want to see AS many national games as possible. As much of a ratings king as the NFL has become it's a no brainer to accentuate it AS much as possible.

The problem I have is not only the prehistoric local TV blackout laws they instituted when Jim Thorpe was playing, it's also that 1pm EST is just too damn early for something this huge to get a bulk audience. In the Pacific TZ these poor bastards have to watch the NFL at fucking 10am???? Who drinks at 10am (and 11am aint much better in Mountain TZ). Makes no sense. These Sunday games should be 3pm and 6pm est. I also have a very hard time getting in front of the TV that early as I usually have a lot of shit to do in that 1pm time slot.

17. Roland Schwinn

Reputations:
    Ugh there are a ton of issues with the NFL and the black out laws are right up on top. Plus the ammount of commercials has totally taken away any sense of momentum in the game. Get an INT? Wait for 5 minutes cause we need a commercial break. HAve a big play? Whoa whoa whoa whoa stop the clock we need to review that (And for you folks at home instead of getting to see the review, check out this commercial for the new internet explorer browser!) Then the play is upheld but we need another minute before we get back from commercials. Again, who cares about momentum. I havent been to an NFL game in years but it actually seems like a fucking baseball game has more continuous action than the NFL does these days. Just remember all the time we are at home watching commercials the people at the game are watching the teams stand around shooting the shit.

I totally disagree about the start times though, I would love to wake up about 9, cook some monster breakfast and watch the first round of games. By the 2nd half of the early games i'd be getting into the beers. Ready for a fat afternoon meal for the second round of games, and then a fat dinner for late games. plus i wouldnt have to stay up till midnight on mondays to see who wins ( I know waaaaah!)

18. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i agree with your first sentence 100%, i m not saying its a bad thing, i'm just saying in my case it kind of kills the point of paying $200 a year for the directv package (its actually cheap now for the last several years i have paid over $300 a year)..i mean really i could give a shit about watching KC and Buffalo battle it out...

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    Giants down 24-13 at the half.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

20. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    National Felon League