Nice Coaches

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by nserafini, Jan 27, 2012.

1. nserafini

nserafini Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. nserafini

Reputations:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  3. nserafini

Reputations:
    I love these chicks !

4. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    It's got to be the most unlikely pair of broads to be radio gold, but it's incredible radio.

5. nserafini

Reputations:
    They do a great job of rolling with it

6. PeaceDog

PeaceDog Active Member

Reputations:
    N&A is on the road to radio history with shit like this

7. PeaceDog

PeaceDog Active Member

Reputations:
    I'd bang both of them btw

8. slipkid69

slipkid69 AKA...Dick Delicious VIP

Reputations:
    I love them on there. They are good sports and know how to play along. Funny shit last night.

9. Handsome Fish

Handsome Fish New Member

Reputations:
    get segment last night, nick needs to shut up though

10. jms397

jms397 Member

Reputations:
    Love how Arnie talks about heroin,hookers, and gambling around these broads and they try to hold back from being judgmental:D

11. starlit dreamzz

starlit dreamzz Active Member

Reputations:
    This!

It's like he knows how to try to make them uncomfortable, and they know how to just, brush it off :) Love it.

12. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    And then Rick brings everything to a screeching halt by spouting some republican, ditto head talking point that doesn't have any substance

13. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love the nice coaches. It was great how they reacted when Artie said "I feel that I don't deserve her." I think this has got to be the most common revelation in therapy. A person feels worthless because of some childhood issue. They feel they deserve nothing. They sabotage their relationships, they'd rather do that than be rejected, which they feel is inevitable. I'm not sure what Artie's issue is specifically, I speculate that he may blame himself for his father's accident. Or maybe there was something else. He talks about his father verbally abusing him a lot. Maybe that hurt him badly psychologically when he was a child. I hope he can do some therapeutic counseling to overcome these issues. It's not going to go anywhere otherwise, and he'll continue to exhibit the same self-destructive behavior.

14. slipkid69

slipkid69 AKA...Dick Delicious VIP

Reputations:
    Love the show but I hate when he has to crowbar in his political views. We get it Rick. You hate liberals, male bashing, PC bullshit and Nobama.

15. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    When Rick riffs he often finds the perfect line, and when he busts Artie's balls or pointhis out his little quirks like his legs tipping off the punch line, Richard is great, just wish he'd do that instead of talking politics

16. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  17. BRUTAL

BRUTAL Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  18. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    Good show. They kept them in for a long time.

19. CFStern

CFStern New Member

Reputations:
    Well put. I'm also suspicious of his mother. A lot of never-married men (heterosexual) in their mid-forties who call their mother "saints" have mommy issues. I suspect Artie has an overbearing mother who has gotten him to drink the Kool Aid in terms of viewing all other women as "not good enough" or somehow inferior to his mother (and sister). A lot of men have been damaged by selfish, overpossessive mothers, and don't even realize it. I remember Howard once said to him that he should examine his relationship with his mother and Artie wouldn't hear it. "My mother is a saint." Yeah, sure she is.

20. nserafini

Reputations:
    I'd agree a little, but you have to think about how Artie's mom Judy had to live when the dad died. Judy had to go back to work, had to fight with all the insurance company crap and probably pretty much gave up 5 years of her life just trying to support their family and keep things together. If I recall, they didn't even get some of the fathers insurance money until long after he passed, so when they needed the money the most, it was nowhere to be found. I'm sure Judy did anything and everything to keep them afloat. Between that and not just up'ing and leaving her crippled husband, I honestly have to assume most of they way Artie talks about his mother is genuine ( how she's a saint and such a great woman ). He knows she could have broken and fell apart, instead she stepped up.

Regardless, all of his problems are/were pretty simple to boil down.

1 - Instead of being with his father the day he fell, Artie lied to him and said he was going to sign up ( or go to a ) college class. Instead he went and shot pool. If he had not dicked off, he would have been with his dad and this never would have happened. Forever guilt.

2 - He became semi-famous, went to Hollywood and got caught up in the life. Drugs and pussy go hand in hand, and lived to excess. Who would not ? Qunicy Jones tried to really help guide him, but in the end he was his own worst enemy.

3 - He got a second chance at fame, and again crashed and burned. However, this time I don't totally blame him. He became a tool of his managers and the HSS. Either of them could have stopped him from drinking, drugging and could have intervened. They chose not to because a drunk and high Artie was way more " fun " than a sober Artie. He could have pulled himself out, but all the pressure from " others " was too overwhelming.

As long as this new project stays on track, and I think it will because Nick is more of a bro than Howard ever was, he should be in a much better place.

Excluding, of course, this week where they are broadcasting live FROM A BAR !