Nick/Artie in Philly (pics)

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by goodwidp, May 6, 2012.

1. goodwidp

goodwidp New Member

Reputations:
    Link below is to a few (shitty quality) pics of Artie from last night's show at the Tower Theater in Philly. It was a bit disappointing to see the venue only around 75% full but both Nick and Artie performed great sets. Artie recycled a few old jokes (meth/St. Louis, psych ward stories) but it was mostly new material. He told a few Stern stories, including wack packers calling him in rehab (Beet, Jeff the Drunk) and mentioned that he hopes to come back on in November when his book comes out. After the show, he stayed out on stage for a while and shook hands/signed autographs for everyone who had come forward. He seemed incredibly grateful and looked pretty good overall, which was really nice to see considering what he's been through.

http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff458/goodwidp/Artie/

2. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Thanks for the pics anyway. Too bad to hear that the Artie/Nick juggernaut isn't strong enough to get a sell-out anymore, but were the tickets too much? I have a feeling it was a gig that was mostly under-advertised or too expensive.

3. goodwidp

goodwidp New Member

Reputations:
    The face value for some tix were high (75$) but we got ours from Stubhub for 35$ each and they were second row, dead center. There were a few scalpers out front who also had tickets in the first few rows available but they were asking for less than half of face value and even then no one was buying them.

4. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Artie with Nick means a more expensive ticket. I have a feeling Artie's "people" will be encouraging him not to do shows with Nick in the future. I wonder what the "split" was.

5. PeaceDog

PeaceDog Active Member

Reputations:
    Oh come on, 75% is pretty good for a theater

Even when Artie was on Stern in it's peak he wasn't selling out every venue, he's talked about shows getting canclled because they didn't sell enough seats..

I'm surprised that many people showed up

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  6. Napoleon V2

Napoleon V2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    how did the Canavans look in person?

7. goodwidp

goodwidp New Member

Reputations:
    They looked very good. One of the pics I posted has them in it, but the quality isn't great so that's not the best example. It's almost impossible to go wrong with 2 hot blonde twins, even if Dan Falato happens to be standing right next to them...

8. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wow, if they didn't sell out the Philly place, there's going to be quite a few empty seats at the Foxwoods show I'm going to in a few weeks. The Tower Theater has around 1000 less seats than the venue at Foxwoods.

9. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If people need to travel to see a performance.
    They will travel to Foxwoods NOT PA