Nick DiPaolo 1st Podcast Out Now

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by ltd86, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
  2. KimChee

KimChee New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Sad, he had his own show in a multi million dollar studio and now he's on some shitty podcast in a basement somewhere.:facepalm: He needs to give it up and stick with the funny bone in Wisconsin.

oldpaddy and Hateman like this.
  3. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    That's pretty much what he said. He said something about his career's going 400mph in reverse or something. I think he hinted that he's making $ from DirecTV still too.

4. KimChee

Reputations:
    Lol. I just listened for a few minutes and the first thing out his mouth was something about " those fucking liberals" I tuned out at that point. He was fired from DTV for his douchebag politics, and no one wants to hear that shit, just tell jokes and make me laugh comic!

oldpaddy likes this.
  5. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    He actually hasn't gotten political. I'm a half hour in.

Some sports and a story about a set he did in poughkeepsie.

6. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah it was barely political. Last few minutes was about the Redskins name but that was it.

7. KimChee

Reputations:
    oh, ok. I might give it another shot. I just get enough politics on TV and don't need to listen to him go on and on about his views. He can be a funny motherfucker at times.

8. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah it was a few stories about recent stand-up shows and a couple stories about getting run over by a car, etc. I don't really listen to podcasts so I can't compare it, but it was a pretty decent show IMO. I think future episodes will be better (he had the head of Riotcast as his co-host on this one).

9. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  10. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Halfway through, pretty good so far. Actually better than I was expecting. I just hope people actually listen so he keeps doing it.

I keep waiting for him to say that they have a hard break coming up.

11. Wigster

Wigster Member

Reputations:
    The cunty hatred for Nick is unreal. But, then again, this forum actually has people with the ability to hate a harmless individual like Mike Bocchetti. I can't fathom that. Sure, he's lazy and for the most part worthless, but Artie's interaction with him is fucking hilarious.

Nowhere Man likes this.
  12. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Cool that is why I will listen to Nick, especially if those are his first words

13. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So you're name is "Wigster" and its not ok to make fun of people?

And no, Artie's interaction with that slob is not "fucking hilarious". Its repetitive and boring. Why aren't you mad at Artie for making fun of his supposed friend?

14. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wasn't a huge fan of Nick bringing up politics and I don't know if that's why he was fired but I do know I've been listening to the shows from the first two months and him and Artie were great together. They had chemistry and that's something Artie will never have with John Ritchie.

15. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    Yes, Artie is one of the funniest people on the planet but he's better when he can play off someone else and not have to pull 110% of the load. I'm a few months in to the N&A show and their back and forth is constantly hilarious. I l listen to it the entire time I'm at work pretty much every day and never fast forward through anything. No way could I do that with the show now. I fast forward through at least 1/2 of every show on DirecTV now.

16. KimChee

Reputations:
    I did listen to the podcast again and it was pretty good, a lot better than what the ALS has become these days. I think Nick is a funny standup, but just not radio material. He had his own show a few years ago and it was canceled too. Not every comedian has the magic that is required for a daily show. I will give his podcast a shot and wish him well. Hell, he should invite Artie on and that would be a great show! oh, wait they tried that once, never mind.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  17. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Artie is a great second bananna, he doesn't work well as host of his own show. The problem is that he needs a guy who can lay back and let him do his thing (a la super lazy post Private Parts Howard Stern). About six months in the show changed pretty drastically and I went from enjoying Nick to waiting for the next Maine football story or right wing rant. So if we're talking about the very beginning, I'm with you, but I think it's obvious their dynamic couldn't last for the long haul. A guy with a personality (and laziness) more like Norm or Stern is what Artie needs.

18. Wigster

Wigster Member

Reputations:
    You're seriously comparing Howard Stern to Mike Bocchetti? :facepalm:

19. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Their old site would play the shows one after the other automatically. It was the best. I'd listen to the few hours in a row.

I looked at yesterday's show and it was packed with guests non-stop. What's the point of that. Obviously the people in charge don't know why people loved the show.

20. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    I tune in for the 2 hour 4 segment in depth interviews with you-know-who...uhhhhh...Thomas Dolby.

It was perfect before. They would have a guest call in and Artie and Nick would crack jokes with them for 10 minutes then you move on. But now there wouldn't be anything to move on to anyways. Some Artie and Jon Ritchie back and forth. Ritchie isn't even good enough to bring up topics and have Artie comment on it. Why is he there? At least get someone who can talk and give Artie something to go off of.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013