Nick Dipaolo to Debut Podcast

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by kev, Sep 20, 2013.

1. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
  3. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:
    I'll listen :hic:

4. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    We know he'll have better guests than Artie (impossible not to)

5. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If a podcast gets popular enough, you can make some money. Nick will probably only get a few more people at his stand up shows.

6. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    What is the definition of insanity?

Doing the same thing again and again expecting different results.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/nick-dipaolo-blog-talk-radio/id272795695

:rolleye:

Lets see. He had terrestrial Radio Show in 2006-2007 on a big NEW YORK station, Howards former Flagship and got fired went to podcasting and flamed out.

Adam Carolla Had a Terrestrial Radio Show in 2006-2009 on a bunch of former Howard Stationhe git FIRED and went to podcasting and became a phenom and trend setter.

Shit Nick Dipshit had a year to 3 year head start on Adam Carrolla, WTF Pod, EVEN THE NERDEST PODCAST and he FLAMED THE FUCK OUT.

Now magically in 2013 when doing a podcast is like doing Jury Duty he thinks he is going to make shit happen?

Lots of luck with that Nick and the geniuses at BakerMedia. I guess they found a way to squeez another 50k outta the proverbial stone that is Nick Dipshits "career"

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/nickdip/2008/01/23/the-nick-dipaolo-show

First Show

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/nickdip/2008/03/06/the-nick-dipaolo-show

Last Show

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  7. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This actually surprises me, especially since he probably isn't getting paid. He always used to goof on how every comedian and their mother had a podcast, and how he wouldn't do it since there's no money in it.

8. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Agreed. Although, maybe they are paying him something. On the Riotcast website, they have a giant advertisement of Nick that you have to click through before entering to the rest of the site.

9. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    I'm glad somebody's thrilled.

It's as paying as he can make it. Florentine's got to hock earbuds and clicking through to Amazon on his site, and eat a dick by doing a commercial for fantasy football, when he's always been staunchly against it........................to keep the lights on.

No matter how you slice it it's a major, major step down from the deal he had.

It's like going from the Stern show to "Jackie's Joke Hunt".

#irony

10. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    ill check it out.....why not.

11. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That sounds familiar :bigthink:

12. RobinsBedSores

RobinsBedSores VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Riotcast has some great shows! Check out the Davey Mac Sports Program.

13. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Definitely in the same ballpark as Jackie's Joke Cunt.

Him and Artie definitely had chemistry--I can't for the life of me figure out why he couldn't just ride Artie's heroin-riddled corpse to the bank and shut the fuck up about his "station" in life. He's a great comic mind, but obnoxious and completely oblivious to the nuances of entertaining media via movies/radio/tv, etc. Can't be anything other than ego.

I liked him on Tough Crowd but mostly when he was with the right guests.

14. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I wonder if his Nick & Artie contract would be up yet and if he can talk about that.

15. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    Yep.

I wouldn't go as far as to say "great comic mind", though. I thought maybe 1 out of every 10-12 of his one-liners worked. And he was a whiny bitch about almost everything.

He was a minus in the equation.

Also, Nick's two stories.......................the one where he played for BC and the one where he lived with Louis C.K........................didn't really hold up against Artie's Encyclopedia Britannica of gambling/show biz/drug/hooker/Stern show tales.

It's clear that two "alphas" don't work well together, and I don't think anybody bothered to pull Nick aside and say "Yo, holmes................you're gonna have to second-banana this one", even though it was obvious that that's what should have happened.

He just didn't know his place, but circumstances conspired to help him find it. He should have been doing something like this all along. He just took the scenic route and made a little extra cash along the way. He probably feels bitter about the experience, but I think he should be grateful; he'd never made that kind of money before, and he never will again.

No, there's still another year on that contract. I don't know how that figures into him even being allowed to do this podcast. I can only guess that they didn't pay him 100% of what was left on his contract.

:dontknow:

16. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Direct TV just doesn't let the show run another year, until the end of the contract and then cancel the show, they are paying Nick for the duration of this contract and may not want to pay everyone else for doing nothing.

Don't know how Direct TV can stop anyone from doing something like Nick's podcast as long as Nick doesn't talk about the N&A particulars or badmouth Direct TV but we will probably find out after Nick's podcast is up and running
    I will listen to Nick's podcast

17. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I just hope that when the contract is up, if the show does come back, it goes to TV and SiriusXM only. I think that if you took off the handcuffs and just let Artie roll, even with Ritchie it could be a lot better. Having to censor everything for FM just doesn't make that much sense seeing as how they only have a few affiliates now.

18. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't think FM has anything to do with it. Hell, the first year before they went to TV the show was really edgy and loaded with politically incorrect humor. It seems going to TV is what killed that. Ken Kohl seems to want this show to be some variation of The Tonight Show or something. The present format is what is handcuffing Artie, not the FCC. The show was hilarious even without them being able to say the eff word.

19. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    Yeah, it's a mess of a format. The musical guests are the worst, and God knows what advice/direction they're getting from the suits that we don't know about.

One thing we do know is that they were told to talk MORE about the A-Rod steroids/suspension thing, which they had already completely beaten to death.

They should hire Gilbert to show up at least once a week. Artie and Gilbert are always hysterical together, they could get him for a sandwich, and he lives in the city!

It's a no-brainer. Just cut out a Kriegel or 4th-rate female comedian appearance. Nobody will miss it.

I wouldn't mind seeing that chili-making Playboy chick on the show more often, either. I think she'd make a good Robin, actually; she's got more of a personality than Ritchie, that's for sure. She was a bit intimidated during her appearance, which turned out to be more about Mike and the twins than her, but I think she'd do very well if she settled in.

And who wouldn't tune in to see what she was wearing?!?

[​IMG]

Also, Artie's got to draw a line in the sand as far as comedians go. Jew broads: no. Norton, Mike Lawrence, and Gulman: yes. It's really obvious who's funny and who's a pity-booking.

#rhymeswith"Schmatarese"

20. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    The more I think about it, you guys are right about it being much more Ken Kohl related. I just hate it because this show could really be great if they just gave Artie someone to play off of and cut him loose.