News Nielsen Sues For Financial Compensation In Bubba Ratings Tampering Case

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by GaryPuppet, Oct 16, 2015.

1. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    It's a work. Or a shoot, I forget which...

Missypooh RN and ShutUpSitDown like this.
  3. Domo Cup

Domo Cup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's a cricket caper jones on the backside.

4. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    An Oh shit what the fuck am I going to do Magillicutty two finger prison rape fat boy blues jones.........

5. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Holy shit.....The stupid fuck TEXTED the user!!!!

PSU Shower Room likes this.
  6. ShutUpSitDown

ShutUpSitDown Your Moral and Intellectual Superior

Reputations:
    Can we confirm the involvement of Gene Lasker?

7. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dumb. Dumb. So dumb....

WFLA also notes BUBBA texted, “U have to PROMISE NOT TO SAY A WORD … This could ruin me. B,” the panelist, according to the complaint. The station says around AUGUST 9th, BTLS "learned the size of his audience had dropped, and he sent a text to the panelist saying, 'Got raw numbers today. We went down. It’s so important you get up please buddy. Please. I’m paying u!!!'”

Uncle Larry and RonHeinzkaboot like this.
  8. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:
    Worked shoot

Missypooh RN and WillyBest like this.
  9. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    Poop shoot.

10. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:
    I hope Bubba loses everything and is forced to move into an old trailer. Then they repossess the trailer and his cardboard box burns down.

11. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If Bubba loses, I assume that will totally wipe out his budget for bimbos who will sleep with him and his friends and wipe his ass.

12. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    I was just going to post the exact quote.
    With all the enemies he had made in just the recent history?! I kind of agree with Opie, this could have been a set up on him.
    He is either dumber than a box of rocks or over drugged.
    Well I guess his producer that now works for Howard baled at the right time.
    Howard will have to be nice because Bubba is a loose cannon and he must have something on Howard. Howard flew to his wedding.

Missypooh RN and PSU Shower Room like this.
  13. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Unethical, but I'm not sure what the offense is.

As far as I know, Neilson is a for profit entity not operating under any legal authority. Seems like they should be able to sue the individual but not so much Bubba.

14. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    I was going to post something but this article explains why Neilson has incurred financial costs as to BTLS undermining the integrity of their polling, also the State/Federal offenses. I am sure that neislon will be sued because other stations and content providers salaries and ad revenues are tied to the Neilson ratings and the service they provide

http://wfla.com/2015/10/15/nielsen-...on-after-bubba-clem-admits-ratings-tampering/
    TAMPA. FL (WFLA) – Bubba the Love Sponge Clem has admitted to ratings tampering, and now Nielsen Audio wants financial compensation, according to a complaint filed Thursday. Clem is accused of fraud and of violating Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act. On Oct. 6 he admitted to trying to tamper with his radio show’s ratings.
    Nielsen measures the size of radio and TV stations’ audiences. “Nielsen Audio’s claims in the action arise from (Clem’s) purposeful efforts to manipulate the radio audience estimates and station rankings for the Tampa-St. Petersburg radio market by, among other things, paying members of the Nielsen Audio survey panel to distort the radio audience estimates,” the complaint, filed in United States District Court, says.

Nielsen “scientifically and randomly selects” people to help determine radio station ratings. The panelists are given devices and trained on how to transmit data to Nielsen. They are compensated by Nielsen. Clem asked a panelist to help “manipulate” the ratings, the complaint says. “Clem warned the cooperating panelist to exercise caution while manipulating the PPM device so as to avoid suspicion by Nielsen Audio.”

The PPM device – Portable People Meter – measures how many people are listening to a specific radio station.

Clem offered to pay the panelist $300 per month if his show’s ratings improved and gave instructions about what the individual was supposed to do, the complaint says. Clem, according to the complaint, also promised bonus money to the panelist. “Bubba Clem in fact paid the cooperating panelist a portion of the monies he promised to pay,” the complaint says.

“U have to PROMISE NOT TO SAY A WORD … This could run me. B,” Bubba texted the panelist, according to the complaint.

Around Aug. 9 Clem learned the size of his audience had dropped, and he sent a text to the panelist saying, “Got raw numbers today. We went down. It’s so important you get up please buddy. Please. I’m paying u!!!”

Clem even purchased radios for the panelist – using his own Amazon account – to “aid him in his manipulating of the PPM ratings,” the complaint says. Later, Clem texted the panelist saying, “I need u more than ever. I had a guy who had just 1 of them (Nielsen device). And they took it from him Friday. Cause he wasn’t smart about it … He got lazy. And he didn’t switch it up. Now it’s gone. So I need your 4 (devices) more than every buddy.”

Nielsen thinks other panelists may have been part of Clem’s “ratings distortion scheme,” according to the complaint.

On Oct. 6 Clem held a press conference and admitted the ratings tampering accusations are true. “It’s with deep regret and embarrassment that I face you directly and say that they’re true,” he said about the charges. “The buck stops with me and I cannot tell you how humbled and how embarrassed I am.”

Nielsen says it has suffered damages and asks the court that Clem be held financially responsible. The damages are not less than $1,000,000, according to the complaint.

“Bubba Clem has been a radio broadcaster for approximately 30 years. Upon information and belief, (he) is well aware of the importance of the Nielsen Audio ratings to the success of any radio program, specifically, that programs and stations with high ratings can command higher rates and generate more advertising revenue than competing stations with lower rates programs,” the complaint says.

15. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    I remember a guy with a Neilson box called in to Stern many years ago and Stern told him what shows to "watch."