Nine Year Old Boy Makes Over $1 Million Marbles A Year Reviewing Toys On You Tube……...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, May 7, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Meet the nine-year-old boy who makes over $1M a YEAR reviewing toys on YouTube
    • Evan makes an estimated $1.3 million year through his YouTube channel EvanTubeHD, where he posts up to three toy reviews a week
    • Father Jared, who owns a video production company, films and edits the clips and posts them online for his son
    • The videos, starting in 2011, make their revenue through advertising

Up until a few years ago, Evan was just a regular kid who liked to make videos playing with his favorite Angry Birds toys.

But the nine-year-old has been able to parlay his hobby into a booming online business, EvanTubeHD, turning himself into an internet entrepreneur who banks over $1 million a year.

The YouTube channel posts about three videos a week of Evan reviewing new toys and has amassed almost 1.4 million followers and up to 1.2 billion page views.

Evan's last name and location remain a closely-guarded secret, and his father, Jared - the driving force behind the boy's burgeoning career, who also edits and uploads his son's reviews through his video production company - maintains they try and keep his life as regular as possible, despite his new-found fame.

They also keep his money stored away in a college fund.

[​IMG]

The most popular kid on YouTube: Evan, whose surname and location remain a closely-guarded, has become an online entrepreneur at the age of nine by posting reviews of toys to YouTube each week

[​IMG]

Profitable hobby: The videos started out as something fun Evan would do with his father Jared, who realized there was an opportunity in the content as the views started growing by thousands

[​IMG]

Jared said he realized their first few clips - uploaded in 2011 - were more than just a bit of fun when the views continued to rise.

He realized, as a parent, that Evan and he were creating quality child-friendly online content, but that the reviews also helped parents when it came to shopping.

'When we first started the channel, we had no intention of making a cent from our videos,' Jared told Fast Company.

'We didn't even know it was possible.

'Our payment came in the form of father-son bonding time and the idea that others were enjoying something we created.'

But as the subscribers increased, advertisers began placing their ads on Evan's page, which is where most of the income comes from.

'These include both ads that appear in and around each video as well as products actually featured in our videos,' Jared added to Tech Worm.

'The majority of the revenue is generated by the ads placed on the video itself.

'Outside of the networks, YouTube/Google handles all ad placement within the site.

One of their clips, about Angry Birds Space Softee Dough playset, has had a whopping 65 million views.

In the review Evan adorably apologizes for his noticeable lisp.

'Sorry if I'm talking a little funny today because I just lost my tooth,' he says in the video.

Later, after trying to bite an apple he quips: 'It's too hard to bite without teeth'

2. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What a bunch of stupid morons we are, this was done years ago, we just didn't put two and two together.

[​IMG]

ARM, Jayla, vaporizer and 3 others like this.
  3. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
  4. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    I still say it's bad parenting to give your kid that level of net exposure on any level, even as low as a Facebook photo.

Uhhh you know predators are probably sifting around the net for that shit, right?

5. fredrogers

fredrogers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My son loves watching this kid. He does make some pretty good videos. Goo fer him.

6. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    I see this story and then I laugh at fast food workers demanding a living wage because they have no other options to earn money.

A fucking nine year old owned your lazy ass.

IfTheyOnlyKnew, bznick, Skoal and 3 others like this.
  7. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:
    As long as the parents and the kid aren't shitheads the kid should do well in life.
    Getting the entrepreneurial spirit and having success at this young age is awesome.

8. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Jon Hein is responsible for 1.1 billion of those views. [​IMG]

bznick, chapped, Guacamole and 2 others like this.
  9. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    "They also keep his money stored away in a college fund."
    well, then he'll have $millions in a college fund, and college, even at the Ivy League, will cost $400,000 tops. not believing that BS

Calloused Shins likes this.
  10. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:

Such a frightening looking guy.

11. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His parents will steal and blow all the money.

GLguygardner likes this.
  12. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey kid ya need some help

13. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have posted threads about these YouTube successes. I wonder if YouTube contacts people who have views on a smaller scale to invite them to be partners and those people might only earn $100,000+ a year. The whole thing is very secretive. How do you build your channel in popularity. Do you need connections with newpapers, blog sites to write about your channel to direct people to it. Do you ever think that just like buying fake followers on Twitter you can hire a company from India that sends tens of thousands of people to your channel to create hits. YouTube tracks the most popular channels and then invites you to be a partner. It would make sense to initially pay for views to get your channel noticed.

14. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:

This is old. Kid has been making bank for a couple years. My son has been watching Evan's Angry Bird stuff since the start. Evan making Angry Bird clay models is the reason I have 60+ lil clay figures in my house. When Evan started getting toys sent to him before they came out in stores was a real headache for me. I think the Lego stuff really kicked him into the next level of profitability. For the longest time my kid wouldn't let me through the boxes to Angry Bird toys away, because he would do Evan style presentations of the toys for all his Angry Bird plush toys to watch.

Good for him though. Fun way to do stuff as a family and they are getting paid.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  15. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    my friends kid makes thousands a year reviewing dolls on youtube..
    she started doing them for fun on an iphone and started to gets a ton of views
    youtube started sending her check and that as it

16. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    ^^This. Shit creeps me out.

17. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    Beth makes over a million marbles a year rolling around on the floor drunk with kittens. Stranger things have happened. #floorwhore @SomerSky

IfTheyOnlyKnew and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  18. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Maybe you can test out "toys" for profit on the internet?

GLguygardner likes this.
  19. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :haha: