No new Metallica album until 2015

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ipokesmot, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=189313
    "It would surprise me if the next full-length METALLICA record would come out before 2015. It takes us awhile to make records, and we're also so busy with so many other things. But we'll get around to it eventually."

:jj: I don't think anyone gives a fuck. They haven't put out a GREAT album since Justice. I lost all respect for them in '91 on "The Black Album" tour, with its moving drum kits, scripted "bits", and a weak-ass PA sound system. Then Load came out and was even worse. I was lucky enough to see them in the early days before they got lame, the fucking sound was so loud it felt like the bass drum was punching you in the gut, and they played INCREDIBLE.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was looking at upcoming concerts online and noticed one billed as "Newstead, Formerly of Metallica." I'm not sure why exactly, but it gave me a chuckle.

So is Metallica pretty much just Lars and James at this point?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  3. Nantrax

Nantrax Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I thought Death Magnetic was a solid album. Was it as good as their early stuff? No but much much better than Load, Reload and St-Anger.

4. Ipokesmot

Reputations:
    Kirk is still there of course, and Robert Trujillo on bass who's really cool and a great player. But yeah it's pretty much just James and Lars writing the stuff.

5. Ipokesmot

Reputations:
    Dunno, I downloaded it for free and only listened a couple of times. To me the songs were aimless and the production sucked bad. Way over modulated.

I think the only way to save the band at this point is to lock them in a studio full of beer, Jager, weed, and cocaine and not let them out until they have at least 8 great songs lol. All of their classics were written while they were blasted out of their fucking minds. It helps!
    :burp:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  6. HubArkishh

HubArkishh Active Member

Reputations:
    Death Magnetic was fucking epic. These guys still got it, im looking forward to the album.

7. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    I've never been a huge fan, but I like the Black Album and I like a few songs from Load.

Death Magnetic was pretty cool, but the sound quality was insanely bad. The guy who produced that album should be buried alive. They even started a petition which has over 22k signatures.
    http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/re-mix-or-remaster-death-magnetic.html

8. Ipokesmot

Reputations:
    "After the album was released, this same "technical error" became "An exciting sound that people are responding to" - Cliff Burnstein, Q-Prime, after the album release."

:facepalm: Metallica's joo managers had a lot to do with their downfall in general. They went from "Kill Em All" to "Sell it All".

9. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    A couple of years later, Death Magnetic came out for Guitar Hero on Xbox. The tracks actually sounded better on the Xbox than on the CD!!!!!!! Can you imagine that? Look around on the Torrent networks. There are a bunch of guys on the internet who ripped it out of the Guitar Hero game and re-tweaked it here and there and made their own master. It actually sounds better than the original. That is just insane. I don't know what the fuck this guy was thinking and I can't get my head around the guys in Metallica to approve it. I guess they fucked up their ears by now so I can't really blame them, but still.

10. IllegalSearch

IllegalSearch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    God those albums are reasons to hate Metallica and I bought Load.

11. Turkeyneck

Turkeyneck Howard's got one, not me VIP

Reputations:
    haven't given a fuck for a long, long time.