Nonprofit worker fired after photo scandal

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Nov 22, 2012.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    [h=1]Nonprofit worker fired after photo scandal at Arlington National Cemetery[/h] Published November 22, 2012

FoxNews.com

The Massachusetts woman at the center of the Facebook photo scandal at Arlington Cemetery has been fired from her job at a Cape Cod business, MyFoxBoston.com reports.
    Lindsey Stone's employer, Living Independently Forever (LIFE), issued a statement on their Facebook page on Wednesday announcing that they have released the two employees involved in the controversial incident.
    "We wish to announce that the two employees recently involved in the Arlington Cemetery incident are no longer employees of LIFE. Again, we deeply regret any disrespect to members of the military and their families."
    LIFE plans to delete any and all comments regarding the incident from their page in an effort to protect their residents, even if the comments were well-intentioned.
    "We appreciate your concern and understanding as we focus on the care of our community," the organization said.
    Stone and Jamie Schuh, the other LIFE employee involved in the incident, were placed on unpaid leave immediately following the Facebook post, which made national headlines.
    In the picture, Stone was featured giving an obscene gesture and pretending to yell in front of a sign at Arlington Cemetery that read, "Silence and respect."
    The Director of Living Independently Forever, Diane Enochs, told FOX 25 that complaints came pouring into the organization regarding the offensive photo via telephone and Facebook commentary.
    Stone was on a LIFE company trip in Washington, D.C., when the incident occurred and the photo was taken by a coworker.
    Stone and Schuh issued a statement late Tuesday night apologizing for the photo and all the pain that it had caused.
    "We never meant any disrespect to any of the people nationwide who have served this country and defended our freedom so valiantly," the statement read.
    Up until the Facebook post, Enochs said Stone had been a "good employee" for the year and a half that she was employed by the organization.

2. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    "Stone and Schuh issued a statement late Tuesday night apologizing for the photo and all the pain that it had caused.
    "We never meant any disrespect to any of the people nationwide who have served this country and defended our freedom so valiantly," the statement read."

Really? :facepalm:

3. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:
    Yeah really, flipping the bird at the most sacred site (The Tomb of the Unknowns) in the U.S. is not meant as disrespectful!

4. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    she needs to lose 30lbs before she tries a stunt like that in the future.

5. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Another American cunt..............

6. PI Nate

Reputations:
    she is clueless...

7. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;GdSNYQt7R2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdSNYQt7R2k[/video]

8. PI Nate

Reputations:
    Nice!! :usflag:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  9. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    awesome..great clip

10. Snotty

Reputations:
    And this is how you make an impression on unruly children..........

11. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yea and lose the circus tent

12. fn2

fn2 Member

Reputations:
    While the pre-70's US was still too puritanical (hats in church;huge stigma if divorced etc.), this display is indicative of a shift too far in the other direction. Nothing is sacred except attention mongering-children raised by parents with little self discipline worrying only about how special their gentle little snowflakes are. While i highly value individual rights, we all have a responsibility to our society as well. This photo screams it's all about me-look how special i am-i can be soooo outrageous-i can yuke it up in a place to memorialize woman and men who shed their blood and too comfort their families because i can without concern of consequence. A truly disgusting display of all that is wrong. No, going back to a high pressure conformist society isnt the answer, but neither is a society absent shame and consequence for offending the sensibilities of the large majority who actually have respect for others. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

13. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I'm all about freedom of expression, but what the fuck?!

14. Snotty

Reputations:
    In short.....Broads ruin everything.................I keed, I keed

15. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    its been happening for more than 10 years now. I live in a relatively young neighborhood where almost everyone is ex-yuppies raising new kids. listening to them is like listening to my grandparents. nudity is no good. cursing is no good. loud noise is no good. speaking freely is bad. every time i overhear something new i think "Our culture really needs some hippies, a neo Beatles, a neo Stones, and some new not yet illegal form of pot again. The stick is pushed way too far up these repressed assholes."

16. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    Pretty impressive for a 2nd ever post here!

The real shame of that picture is the woman in question probably had total control of many people's lives under the guise of helping clients "Live Independently Forever". There are a lot of people like that woman within the industry who really only care about the big paycheck.

17. Snotty

Reputations:
    So, Your not married and have no children?

18. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    nope. as i said in the other marriage thread: don't ever want to be either. i would never want any kids to carry my genetics. and marriage (like love) is a sickness: it prolongs man's suffering into an unnaturally longer lifespan.

19. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:

sure scared the crap outta me :ohnoes:

20. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

She looks slutty. Any more pics of her? She's gotta have some bikini shots.