Norm MacDonald Live Podcast

Discussion in 'Other Shows' started by Gogol Boobdello, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i see he started his own podcast, first episode with Super Dave Osbourne.....i'll try to listen to it tomorrow, hopefully he pops up on Artie's Show or Artie on his show soon

2. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    its actually a video podcast. i watched last night, norm looked terrible, fat bloated & unprepared. the show was gawd awful. he's gotta get his shit together. damn show was amateur hour. osbourne couldn't even save that abortion. poorly produced & executed. i dont think norm even knew his sidekick before the show started. norms a lazy fuck & it showed.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  3. Nibbler

Nibbler heaven is in your mind Gold

Reputations:
    Let me explain to the audience..........:bounce:

4. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hard to argue with any of that...yet it's pretty much what I would expect of Norm, and the show grows on you. He has packed on the pounds, though.

5. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    What is this crap? I'd kill for a Norm podcast, but not only is this video only, if you don't bend over to iTunes the only other source is Youtube, and now Google makes you log into a Google Account before you even reach the Youtube page? WTF?

6. kingeater

kingeater New Member

Reputations:
    It's up at the link below, stream or download to your heart's content. No registration/account required.
    http://podbay.fm/show/625455951

7. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The podcast is live on YouTube every Monday night and the audio goes up on iTunes within the next couple days.

It definitely had a rough start, but the last couple episodes were hilarious. It's nice to see a show improve.

8. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Hey now! I don't know how you found it, but thank you kingeater!

That link led me to http://norm.videopodcastnetwork.libsynpro.com/rss which is the CORRECT NON-ITUNES "NORM"AL ORDINARY PODCAST LINK! :)

It loaded up fine, complete with icon and all 4 episodes, even on my lowly old Blackberry podcast application.

Thank you!

9. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    You guys had me worried, but I enjoyed every minute of the first show. Yes Einstein took over, surprisingly well. And I always kind of loathed the lameness and failed satire of "Super Dave", right back to the Byner show (which was otherwise good).

Norm was way too quiet, but partially redeemed by classic response to caller asking how he got the Weekend Update gig. The man just breathes comedy timing.

So I'm glad to hear the other shows are better, even if the guests so far comprise my list of "annoying celebrities who just aren't funny". I can sort of understand getting Russel Brand 'cause while he's painful to experience in any form at least he's famous and banged Katy Perry. But Tom Green? Why?

If anybody calls in, ask him his reaction to having his own NAME, likeness, jokes, and personality ripped off wholesale by an impersonator on the Fairly Odd Parents after they dumped his genuine ass in the "Norm the Genie" role.

10. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Urp, the second show was actually much less entertaining. It was good to hear Norm speak up more, and he killed on one or two jokes and wisecracks, but Tom Green isn't funny and that cohost is just awful. They read complaints that he was a douchebag, but he's not interesting or talented enough to bother calling a douchebag. He's bad. At the least he should just shut up.

The whole jokes segment really needs some editing down. Or at least let Norm deliver them all. The hit/miss ratio was no better than 1/10, and that's being generous...

11. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Fred Stoller show is much more like it; Norm with a fellow comedian. Still don't know why they wedge in news and bad joke segments.

Drop that crap (and the useless cohost) and this could be like WTF except FUNNY.

[Not sure but it seems the useless cohost may be the joke writer, so I think we've found the problem.]

12. Nibbler

Reputations:
    I like the show, but I keep forgetting about it each week.

13. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Just do the podcast then (see link above). With podcasts and DVRs I never really worry about "Live" or catching something on time any more.

(Looks like the full videos are up on Youtube too, but I think you still need to be logged into Google, which is bad form.)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  14. Nibbler

Reputations:
    Thank you. :hat:

15. Montanalogger

Montanalogger Active Member

Reputations:
    I'm very tech stupid so I have a stupid tech question. Can I load podcasts onto my ipod from other sites (like the one linked to above) other than itunes? I ask only because I hate itunes but have always just assumed I needed it to sync and download. Thanks.

16. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Yes and no. In the Jobs locked ecosystem you pretty much have to use iTunes. There is software like Songbird that can try to talk to it, but don't count on it.

HOWEVER, you will want to check out http://www.rockbox.org/

That can turn your iPod into a much more civilized and versatile player. Might even be able to drag and drop music files onto it as a drive as god intended. (And as every other device allows.) Good luck!

17. Montanalogger

Reputations:
    Thanks peau de soie. That's sort of what I figured. Thanks also for the rockbox link.

18. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    No problem.

I've decided to skip the Billy Bob episode, because he repulses me (even more than Brand, which I regret hearing). Did I miss anything?

19. Montanalogger

Reputations:
    Nope, you didn't miss much. Pretty boring episode. Overall though, I've gotta say that this is becoming one of my favorite podcasts. Norm is consistently hilarious. Glad he's doing it.

20. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Thanks, Montana. I saw someone else say that "BillyBob" was as off-putting as ever, so I'm glad I skipped it. On to (urp) Larry King.

"Norm is consistently hilarious" is almost redundant. :) He's got effortlessly funny genes (or is talented and hard working enough to make it seem that way). Too bad he doesn't get more work. I do wish he and Arthur Lange would team up more, not they they ever made "sense" together since they seem on nearly opposite ends of the cerebral/seltzer-pants spectrum.

zoben likes this.