North Shore Animal League VS Imus Cancer Ranch

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by gd9tsd9tas9sa9, Sep 3, 2013.

1. gd9tsd9tas9sa9

gd9tsd9tas9sa9 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I personally would rather donate 24 dollars to the Imus Ranch it seems to be more than just a vapid vanity project and the Terrible Charity Rating NSAL has had for years just seems to be some shady stuff going on there.

Imus Ranch on the other hand is just the exact opposite
    The Wigtard should be ashamed of himself
    Buying a 52million dollar home THEN ASKING THE CUSTOMERS TO FUND A CAT SHELTER

2. BooeyBanana

BooeyBanana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Does Imus' ranch have a charity rating, or does he just fund it himself without help from outsiders?

Personally, I'd always give first to a charity that helps humans....I do like animals, but they'd be on my second-rung of charity-giving.
    Howard should just fund that damn kitty palace by himself, already. Quit begging your listeners for donations, Jackass!

3. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    Let me just say looooove my doggies more than anything. I mean any thing. More than anything. They are the one thing that is pure happiness to me. That said, I know a million puppies vs a baby's life is no comparison. It always pissed me of when Howard would talk about someone going into a retirement home but couldn't take his best friend a dog with him. He cares more about the dog than the poor old person facing the end of his life alone in the nursing home without his best friend the doggie. Save the doggie. How about save the old person from the nursing home horror?

4. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I thought I would actually look into this and try to be objective (keep in mind I listen to Imus and consider myself a fan):

Let's look at Charity Navigator: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3858
    The ranch only gets 2/4 stars, so let's look at why:
    So, the Ranch actually ran a deficit that Imus picked up out of his own pocket for 2012. They also spend roughly 90% on the programs themselves. Where they fall short in the ratings is transparency, Imus does not allow a public board to oversee the ranch (basically running it as a benevolent dictator), and the 60% financial rating comes from his not disclosing the detailed finances. So basically, it's a mediocre charity (as 2/4 suggests) not really a scam, but the criticism is that they should be more open (and not just let Imus run it how he wants to, but use a legitimate board) and that there may be better ways to spend the money since the camp only helps a small number of children per year. Also, most of that 10% on administrative expenses goes to camp counselors and building maintanence, Imus employs several cowboys and handymen to keep it running and teach the classes.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  5. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Okay, now let's look at the NSAL: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4239

They get 1/4 stars (the lowest possible, there is no zero star for a charity in good legal standing):
    Now, this explains why the NSAL is so much worse than the Imus Ranch.

On fundraising Imus spent: $0
    NSAL spent: $11,503,922

So, NSAL: Good charity or excuse for celebrity/Hamptons "fundraising events"? You decide, by the numbers. :hat:

6. Roberticus

Roberticus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The working capital line item is nice. Eight years' worth for Imus, vs. six months for North Shore Celebrity League.

7. gd9tsd9tas9sa9

gd9tsd9tas9sa9 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    What are program expenses? 19 mil:facepalm:

8. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    And keep in mind Imus is feeding horses and human beings not dogs and cats, plus he has a horse veterinarian on staff. EDIT: And, that's not counting he takes care of the kids medical needs while they're there.

9. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  10. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    deerder is a hawt 49 & wicked sense of humor[​IMG]

11. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    howard and beth could redeem themselves if they started their own charity (like imus' ranch)....they certainly have enough money. a friend of mine started a non-profit and probably has the best feline rescue in NYS. the cats live in a state of the art building and have a protected outdoor cat run. she devotes 23hrs a day to the cats who are treated like children (yes, she's childless. but is married and very pretty). she breathes cats and is totally dedicated.

beth could show her dedication...instead of latching onto NSAL, start her own.