Note to self: If you're ever in Chile, TAKE THE STAIRS

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Phan Neepack, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ¡Ay Chihuahuaaaaaaaaa !!!!

[video=youtube;X3CTzedXlkw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3CTzedXlkw[/video]

Man injured when out of control elevator rises 30 floors in 15 seconds, crashes into roof

Providencia, Chile — A man was seriously injured on Friday when an elevator in Chile malfunctioned, rose rapidly from the first floor to the 31st floor and crashed into the building’s roof, according to multiple media reports.

Surveillance video posted to YouTube on Sunday apparently shows José Vergara Acevedo, 31, entering the elevator on the first floor of a building at Bustamante Community Park in Providencia.

When Acevedo enters, the elevator malfunctions and begins to rise before the elevator doors have closed.

As shown in the surveillance video, the elevator ascends more than 30 floors in 15 seconds, according to BiobioChile.
    In the video, Acevedo can be seen attempting to push several buttons on the elevator’s control panel.

After reaching the 31st floor, the elevator crashed into the building’s roof, seriously injuring Acevedo, according to Emol Chile. He reportedly suffered head and leg injuries.
    The building was finished just eight months ago, according to Infonews. The elevator was in the Tower B building of the complex.

2. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    Dumb ass shoulda known something was up and gotten low

People are helpless

3. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    Is that like when an elevator is in free fall you should jump right before it hits the bottom

4. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  5. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:

...I was thinking the same thing

6. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    I was at a hotel in Daytona and the elevator fucked up. Opened on the ground floor, then while the doors were still open, it slowly dropped. Went down to the basement, then all the way up to the top floor, where the 3 of us still on it jumped out. We stopped people from getting on, they looked at us like we were nuts, then the thing started to descend again w/ doors wide open.

One dude from the elevator was like, "AH SHIT, my back. Fuck! Ah dude, how's your back?" I looked at him and said, "I'm not wasting the rest of my vacation trying to pull of a back injury scam." He stood upright again and agreed.