Burn! Praying New Jersey man injured by Applebee's fajita skillet has suit thrown out BY Jason Molinet NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Thursday, March 5, 2015, 1:16 AM Tom Gannam/ASSOCIATED PRESS A New Jersey court dismissed a suit against Applebee’s after a man was burned while praying over his food. It was a case of getting burned in the neighborhood. A New Jersey man who suffered burns to his face and legs from a sizzling-hot steak fajita skillet while praying had his suit against Applebee's thrown out. Divine intervention doesn't trump common sense, thestate appellate court in Camden, N.J. ruledWednesday. Hiram Jimenez claimed a waitress at the Westampton, N.J., restaurant did not tell him the skillet was hot during a 2010 visit with his brother,NJ.com reported. When the order arrived, he bowed his head in prayer over the entrée and the skillet splashed him with grease in the left eye and face, according to the suit. Jimenez then knocked the plate onto his lap. A lower court dismissed the case and a two-judge panel agreed. Applebee's was not negligent, they ruled. "Here, the risk of injury was foreseeable since the plate of food, as described by plaintiff, was sizzling, smoking and 'real hot,' " the court concluded in dismissing the suit. Now that's a burn.