Now We Know Why The Pig Lena Dunham Needs To Show Herself And Why Men In Her Fantasy Show Want Her S

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Oct 2, 2014.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    'For years I was too terrified to talk about it': Lena Dunham reveals she was date raped in college

By Shyam Dodge for MailOnline

Published: 20:04 GMT, 1 October 2014 | Updated: 22:17 GMT, 1 October 2014

[​IMG]

• Lena Dunham dedicates a chapter in her new book to a traumatic experience she had in college - one which she admits to having been too scared to talk about before.

The actress and comedic writer reveals in her memoir Not That Kind Of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's 'Learned' how she was date raped at a party.

On Monday, the 28-year-old spoke candidly about her process in writing about the experience in a new interview with NPR's Terry Gross on Fresh Air.
    'There were a few things in this book that I was terrified to put into the world,' Dunham admitted. 'The chapter about date rape in the book was a really, really terrifying thing for me to put into the world.'

'It was a painful experience physically and emotionally, and one I spent a long time trying to reconcile,' the HBO star explained. 'At the time that it happened, it wasn't something that I was able to be honest about.

'I was able to share pieces, but I sort of used the lens of humour, which has always been my default mode, to try to talk around it.'

She went on to describe what it took after graduating from Oberlin College to come to terms with the trauma: 'I said I spent so much time scared. I spent so much time ashamed, I don't feel that way anymore.

'And it's not because of my job, it's not because of my boyfriend, it's not because of feminism - though all those things helped - it's because I told the story. And I still feel like myself and I feel less alone.'

Dunham, who has been dating musician and Fun rocker Jack Antonoff for the past two years, recalled the years of shame and confusion she went through in trying to process the rape.

'I think I had just felt that something was very wrong,' she said. 'I had felt that something had happened and I remember thinking "Can I ever be the same?"

'I was at a party, drunk, waiting for attention -- and somehow that felt like such a shameful starting-off point that I didn't know how to reconcile what had come after. But I knew that it wasn't right and I knew in some way that this experience had been forced on me.'

But she did have a good friend to talk with about the experience: 'When I shared it with my best friend and she used the term "you were raped" at the time, I sort of laughed at her and thought like, you know, what an ambulance-chasing drama queen,' Lena said.

[​IMG]
    Onscreen romance: The actress pictured with co-star Adam Driver on a 2012 episode of Girls

' later felt this incredible gratitude for her for giving me that, giving me that gift of that kind of certainty that she had,' she continued. 'I think that a lot of times when I felt at my lowest about it, those words in some way actually lifted me up because I felt that somebody was justifying the pain of my experience.'

The remainder of the actress' college life was marked by the trauma: 'I didn't really go to anymore parties. I just stopped going… I basically didn't have a drink for the rest of college… I really removed myself from that world. I don't know if I would've told you at the time, "Oh, I'm doing this to keep myself safe," but obviously in hindsight… I basically removed myself from the social world as I'd known it.'

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  2. BuffaloTom

BuffaloTom Closed By User Banned User

Reputations:
    Didn't know whe attended a college for the bind, or mentally handicapped. I don't think I have ever been THAT drunk!

3. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Now she's getting even by raping our eyes.

4. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    Just imagine the smell :puke:

5. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    Are those the new WIDE LOAD JEANS?

Senator Rick and GIRLY like this.
  6. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Unfortunately without a police report the story of rape is a story of fiction at best.

7. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    This is the right answer Robin. Let's face it, Lena looks like a cross between Benjy and Chaz Bono.

8. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    Can this bitch go away already

9. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The most shocking thing about all of this is that she was taken out on a date.

10. BuffaloTom

Reputations:
    A hungry man will always sit down with an ugly woman for a meal, as long as she pays. Maybe she slipped him a roofie?

I know that most woman have a rape fantasy, they are all just too shy to say it out loud. (And here comes the hate and neg reps in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....) It's a joke ladies... don't get your panties all in a knot. Get back to making your man breakfast, you tend to get lost when you wander too far out of the kitchen.

ScottBaiosPenis likes this.
  11. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She's full of shit. If this were true she would have brought it up earlier. She is just going for shock factor and trying to get attention.

12. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Gotta sell those books...

13. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Another lie was her book signing tickets were being scalped for $900. But I guess when in Rome. (THSS in this case).

TheLACritic likes this.
  14. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    AmericasJudge likes this.
  15. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:

She's a vomit. I wouldn't put it passed her to make it all up. And why is that guy in my life all of a sudden. Seems like he's in every movie and TV show. And he's in the new Star Wars. Is he a star? He seems unfunny and irritating.

GQtaste likes this.
  16. BuffaloTom

Reputations:
    Hopefully this guy steps up and sues her for this story.

17. Mugsy

Mugsy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If I may quote the late Bill Hicks, "Gee, I don't see how...."

ScottBaiosPenis and GIRLY like this.
  18. Granma Renasi

Granma Renasi Member Banned User

Reputations:
    You people are all quick to say there's no way someone as fat and ugly as Lena Dunham could get a date, much less be raped. This is a total misconception about rape. Think of all the black men out there who love to date big butterhog white broads.

BuffaloTom likes this.
  19. Missypooh RN

Missypooh RN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

I don't know about her getting date raped - and I hope she didn't - but man, she's one unattractive human.

Ever heard of self tanner? :puke:

XaltedSmoke likes this.
  20. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

[​IMG]