Nugent Sounds Off On Ferguson,Disses Entire Black Community

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TheWonk, Nov 27, 2014.

1. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    Although it’s debatable just how close to the edge he was in the first place, Ferguson has, apparently, sent Ted Nugent completely over the edge.

Never one to shy away from controversial statements, the 66-year-old conservative rock star, hunter, business owner, and friend to wounded veterans took to social media to express his thoughts about Darren Wilson, Mike Brown, and the unrest in Ferguson. Needless to say, he’s ruffled a few feathers.

First came Nugent’s response to the Darren Wilson verdict via Twitter. Due to the limitations of the medium, it came off as a series of short, inflammatory statements.

But the Ferguson rants don’t end with Twitter. As with all things Ted Nugent, if it’s worth doing, it’s worth overdoing. Shortly after his Twitter rant, The Nuge went to his Facebook page, where he could express himself with more than just 140 characters.

“Here’s the lessons from Ferguson America- Don’t let your kids growup to be thugs who think they can steal, assault & attack cops as a way of life & badge of black (dis)honor. Don’t preach your racist bullsh*t “no justice no peace” as blabbered by Obama’s racist Czar Al Not So Sharpton & their black klansmen. When a cop tells you to get out of the middle of the street, obey him & don’t attack him as brainwashed by the gangsta a**holes you hang with & look up to. It’s that simple unless you have no brains, no soul, no sense of decency whatsoever. And dont claim that “black lives matter” when you ignore the millions you abort & slaughter each & every day by other blacks. Those of us with a soul do indeed believe black lives matter, as all lives matter. So quit killin each other you f*ckin idiots. Drive safely.”

Needless to say, Nugent’s words haven’t registered very well with some in the media, including music-biz writers. Billboard writer Joe Lynch was particularly put off by Nugent’s invoking the abortion debate.

Ooof. Hard to say what abortion has to do with any of this, but apparently Nugent is convinced it’s hypocritical to protest gunning down an unarmed teen and be pro-choice. Some might say there’s a significant amount of grey area with regard to the life of an 18-day-old fetus and an 18-year-old man, but not to Professor Nuge.

Don’t expect Ted Nugent to back off of his remarks on Ferguson any time soon. Historically, whenever he’s put his foot in his mouth and gotten called on it, he’s either ignored the backlash or doubled down on his remarks, like he did this summer when his racist remarks offended so many people that several of his concerts were cancelled, according to this Inquisitr report.

Do you think Ted Nugent is right about Ferguson?

http://www.inquisitr.com/1637118/te...e-entire-black-community/#28frtLiV78jOegde.99

[​IMG]

2. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    I love Nugent but entertainers on BOTH sides need to keep their fucking mouths shut.

3. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    Team Nugent

4. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:

1Vegasgirl and AmishGirl like this.
  5. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    What went down in Furguson is a bigger indictment of the black community than it is of the white community.

6. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Every word he said is true... I'm SURE what he said will just be summarily dismissed as a racist, sadly. Because everyone knows that holding blaeks asccountable for their behavior is bigoted

7. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nugent's career as a musician trying to sell millions of records has been over for decades. I'm sure he still plays "oldies" shows when he tours in the summer, playing to minor league ball parks and state fairs to mostly audiences full of 50+ year old people. I doubt he would be anywhere near this blunt if he was still relevant and bringing in millions of dollars from new albums and arena/stadium tours. This is his career now, saying inflammatory statements and being a Fox News correspondent.

It is sad though because this is how everyone should be free to speak in America. Every whitey who's got something to lose is either quiet on this matter or siding with the looter and rioters. Whitey would rather side with criminals than the police lest they be branded a "racist". I swear, white people would rather be labeled as pedophiles than racists these days. What Ferguson is shedding light on is not cowboy,racist,policemen exicutioners but this sort of reverse "McCarthyism" that exists in our society today. You can lose everything by simply holding a belief or ideology that has been vilified by with the masses. Like him or not, we need people like Nugent, if for nothing else than as someone with a loud, contrarian voice who is not afraid to use it loudly!

8. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Nugent is john galt

9. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Pretty sure Nugent isn't eating top ramen any time soon.

10. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Unless he likes it.

11. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hate him but he makes sense.

12. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think Nugent is an idiot and a horrible musician (worst concert of my life, bar none). However, I really cannot argue with any of it. The critic has to latch on to the abortion aspect as it is contentious.. but pretty much support's Nugent's view that he values all life (unless it walks on four legs or flies of course).

13. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Does he have as much money as Bono?

14. Barton Fink

Barton Fink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Stranglehold is a kick-ass tune.

15. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i think ted is a fairly smart guy and i love his music and personality.
    however, i think he listens to one of these 'political' entertainers and thinks its real and just parrots it.
    i have no idea about this guy ferguson, but if hes right its just coincidence, because he doesnt arrive at independent conclusions.

PS: (one of my gfs little brother was playing a gay song over and over, so i told him "free for all" was " tree frog", and he dug it then played that over n over. winning.

AmishGirl likes this.
  16. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Maybe Chaz.

17. sheet metal wor

sheet metal wor Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Although its hard to dispute what Mr Nugent says, he left all his credibility at his last meeting with the Selective Service

18. CooksRome

CooksRome Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Please keep harboring the black vs white argument here.

Douche (tracy voice)

19. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    hardly no one does. i think bono is over a B

20. HowieHasBeen

HowieHasBeen VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Ted for President!

crazypreacher likes this.