NY bans God Bless USA, then Bieber.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Morrisb, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The controversial elementary school principal that nixed a patriotic anthem in favor of a Justin Bieber song at kindergarten graduation ceremony has decided to not allow the pop star's ballad either, The New York Post reports.

New York City Mayor Bloomberg along with Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott announced at a Monday press conference that PS 90 in Brooklyn will no longer sing Justin Bieber's "Baby" at the school’s June 20 kindergarten graduation ceremony.

School Principal Greta Hawkins raised outrage after The New York Post reported Sunday that she had decided Lee Greenwood’s patriotic “God Bless the USA," was inappropriate for the ceremony, but was allowing the pop star's flirty song about teenage romance.

However, Walcott says Hawkins has decided not to allow the Bieber song either, though he says no city officials pressured her to do so..

Her decision raised outrage among both local lawmakers and parents, including Congressman Michael G. Grimm (R,C-S.I/Brooklyn).

“I am outraged that NYC’s Department of Education is standing by the decision of PS 90’s principal to pull the song ‘Proud to be an American’ from the upcoming kindergarten ceremony, for fear of offending other cultures," he said in a statement. “The only thing offensive about any of this is the anti-American message being engrained in our youth. We all should be proud to be American and we should never ever apologize for it!"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/1...in-bieber-song/#ixzz1xZLzDHE3?test=latestnews

People have too much time with this shit. At some point, anthems get retarded - like the beginning. Not standing up for a song or pledge isn't going to take away your freedom. :rolleye: lol

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Great headline, Morris, but I couldn't make it past the first line of the actual article...

Kind of a let-down that NY isn't banning the Biebs.

3. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    I don't like that stupid song anyways. That little bald headed country guy sounds like he's taking a shit when he sings that dopey thing. Kate Smith. God Bless America. That's the Be ALL END All!

Thank you.

4. Morrisb

Reputations:
    NY school backed by Bloomberg..HUGE difference. :cheer: Same faggotry.

5. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Kindergarten graduation ceremony? Really? Does everyone get a trophy, too?

6. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Gotta take the good with the bad.

7. exarro

exarro New Member

Reputations:
    bieber songs belong at little girls' birthday parties not graduation ceremonies you dumbshits.

8. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A few thing to consider here...

First, the Lee Greenwood song was considered by the Principal to be age inappropriate. Meaning it's message is probably over the heads of a bunch of five year olds that are still shoving Crayon's up their noses.

Second, the "outrage" over the decision is phoney. There were some parents who were upset but by and large the decision was supported by most. Note the source of the "outrage", FOX News, The New York Post, Fox and Friends, WNYC's Good Morning New York (a FOX affiliate) and Congressman Michael G. Grimm (R,C-S.I/Brooklyn).

It's a non story that unfortunately passes for "news" nowadays.

9. Hamburglar

Hamburglar New Member

Reputations:
    That is why I clicked on this link. Morrisb needs severe punishment. Biebs needs anal punishment, from well-hung black men.

10. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Ill be willing to bet that immediately after this rant, you went to the completely unbiased msnbc/CNN/CBS/NBC collective to unwind a bit.

I saw this story on all three local Boston networks as well as some of the cables and they held the same viewpoint as fox.

11. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    let them have it. in "urban" areas, its the only graduation theyre going to have...

12. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Racist.

13. Morrisb

Reputations:
    I'm not touching him or you. Sorry dude.

-decent hung blackish man :cool:

14. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Ok, but whats your point?

15. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Brilliant. My "Kindergarten graduation" was collecting my G.I. Joe lunchbox from my cubby, going home and watching G.I. Joe. I didn't have any fucking graduation until I finished the 12th grade on my first try.

Why the fuck are schools teaching kids songs anyway? 85% of Americans under 45 think that Thomas Jefferson lived in a deluxe apartment in the sky. 75% of Americans think George Washington Carver was the guy who made this:

[​IMG]

16. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations: