NYC AGT April 8 taping review WITH PICS!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Blazing Buffalo, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Blazing Buffalo

Blazing Buffalo Members Only

Reputations:
    Hey guys and gals. Long time lurker, first time poster. Big fan of (mostly) everyone on here. I went to the AGT taping in NYC last night so I figured I'd post a report/review and some pics (if I can figure out how to do it correctly - if not, I guess this can turn into yet another FAIL thread).
    Alright, first off, the place was packed. Completely and totally sold out. I guess there's enough New Yorkers out there, that if you give out free tickets enough of us will show up to fill up a medium sized theater. The line moved sorta quickly and I was in and seated about 30 minutes after I got in line. While outside I saw Shuli lurking around with his camera and mic trying to interview some fans. Man oh man that guy looks like a shlub. For the 2 or 3 million of you who haven't seen him in person, the dude is around 5'3, fat, unshaven, and looks like he hasn't bathed in months. Basically a glorified wackpacker. Back to the place being sold out - it was so full that the warm up comedian even said "unlike our previous cities, this place is full so we are going to do some audience shots" then the producers took a shitload of audience reactions shots from all three levels of the theater. They had us yell AGT AGT AGT!!! a bunch of times, had us do a staged rolling standing ovation, and even had us do fake laughter all for the camera. One guy who refused to be a puppet? Medicated Pete, who just stood in front of his seat and didn't clap or smile or chant with the rest of us. So much so that the warm up guy called him out. But the funny thing was that he didn't know who the hell medicated pete was so he just called him "white shirt guy". He kept saying "come on white shirt guy, get excited!" and "is it alright with you if we do something here, white shirt guy?" finally someone told him who it was and he said "oh YOU'RE medicated pete? I didn't recognize you!"

Some more random notes - When we had to "pretend laugh" the warm up guy actually said "pretend Howard said something funny!" They kept telling us cell phones weren't allowed but kept pushing hashtags and telling us to tweet out images and didn't really do much to stop us from using them. After every act, Howard kept crowbarring cringeworthy "jokes" while talking over the other judges. After a woman sang horribly he told her she needed to find a rich guy to marry, but had to say it 3 times because the other judges kept "interrupting" him by wanting to give their opinions. At one point he called a dancing group of girls "hot women" then Mel B asked how old they were and they said "13 to 18". His non stop attention hogging really slowed things down because the other judges would have to repeat themselves for a clean take. At another point, the audience started chanting "HEIDI, HEIDI, HEDI" and Howard turned around to look at us like he didn't understand what we were chanting. It looked like he was thinking "They're starting with an H but then it doesn't sound like they're ending with OWARD so it makes no sense!" During breaks the makeup people would come out and basically just brush over the other judges, but Howard had a woman take care of him with a huge kit of makeup and would re-do his face for as long as she could. His hair person was also kept super busy, trying to keep every strand of his "hair" in place. Speaking of which, there's no way that's his hair. Even from where I was sitting, it looked like a Westminster grade poodle on his head. It was so weird looking and completely unnatural and fake.

Other notes from pics below - Ashley made an appearance with some red haired friend and chatted howard and ronnie up for a while then sat down and enjoyed the show. Ralphiecakes is a huge homo and even from a distance looks like an entitled twat. Ronnie was in full "ronald" mode, taking his security gig super seriously. The other security was mostly huge guys so ronnie looked a bit out of place "guarding" howard. Mel B looked incredibly hot. And that's about it. I didn't stay until the end so I'm not sure what else happened. I get endless hours of entertainment from this site and I hope I can contribute. carry on....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [QUOTE

[​IMG]
    [/QUOTE]

It's gotta be the shoes!

[​IMG]

3. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    nice. and welcome. :)

4. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...discount talent show douche.

5. pontius pilot

Reputations:
    did the other judges seem frustrated with stern's attention whoring?

6. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    I notice he wore his hairpiece of perfect coverage +1

7. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    damn I repped the puppet instead of the op by mistake.

8. pontius pilot

Reputations:
    :haha: i got him.

:repbomb:

9. VAsiCkBoy

VAsiCkBoy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nice report. :up:

10. VAsiCkBoy

VAsiCkBoy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I take it Howard tried to make it all about him?

11. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    "During breaks the makeup people would come out and basically just brush over the other judges, but Howard had a woman take care of him with a huge kit of makeup and would re-do his face for as long as she could. His hair person was also kept super busy, trying to keep every strand of his "hair" in place. Speaking of which, there's no way that's his hair. Even from where I was sitting, it looked like a Westminster grade poodle on his head. It was so weird looking and completely unnatural and fake."

#thunderdome

12. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Great post! Welcome, but am I the only one seeing the pics upside down?

Are you going to any other tapings? How did sweet sweet Ashley look in person?

13. JaredWD

JaredWD Active Member

Reputations:
    nice writeup :up:... and welcome! +R

14. Blazing Buffalo

Reputations:
    there was some VERY forced back and forth between the judges and a few times one of the other judges had to stop and restart what they were saying because he'd get in the way. The only time anyone laughed at anything remotely related to Howard was when the warm up guy told the whole audience to "pretend Howard said something funny" way before the judges made their entrance (in order to get an "audience is laughing" shot that they will later insert). Also, there was a producer would who flash a "keep it short" card in front of them. In my opinion it was meant directly for Howard since the other judges were mostly already keeping it short.

15. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Nice job, welcome to Dawgs.

16. Kobrakai NYC 3

Kobrakai NYC 3 Active Member

Reputations:
    Nice Job, good effort. :beer:

17. Blazing Buffalo

Reputations:
    question for the pic experts on here - On my laptop, where I posted this, the photos look right side up, but on my phone they look upside down. any reason this is happening and how do I make sure it doesn't in the future? And I had backstage tickets for today but really didn't feel like going. I might see if I can get tickets to the live tapings.

18. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This must be hell for Howard having to talk over three judges rather than two especially since Heidi is clearly the fan favorite this year.

19. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    what was the funniest thing Howard did during the taping?

I like that you went confirmed his hair is fake took a few pics of said cueball and then left early

20. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is that Ashley on stage with daddy in the very first picture???