NYDN article on RDJ on Stern

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Omen, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...jessica-parker-howard-stern-article-1.1966587

Robert Downey Jr. says he’ll ask Matthew Broderick’s permission to see ex-girlfriend Sarah Jessica Parker
    After Howard Stern asked the ‘Iron Man’ star about his relationship with the ‘Sex and the City’ actress, he revealed that before he met with her he’d want to get her husband’s permission first.

Robert Downey Jr. is a very considerate ex-boyfriend.

“The Avengers” star revealed on "The Howard Stern Show" Tuesday that he would ask permission from Matthew Broderick before meeting with his ex-girlfriend Sarah Jessica Parker, whom he dated for several years until their split in 1991.

The topic came up when Stern asked Downey about whether the “Sex and the City” star had broken his heart.

“I’ve never been the kind of person to acknowledge what’s going on with me at the time, and I would try to make light of it, but sure, when you’re with someone for seven years, 18 to our mid-20s, it’s kind of a big deal,” he said.

Stern then asked the actor if he’s still in touch with his famous ex.

“I’ll make a point of trying to see her while I’m here,” he said, referring to New York City, where Parker lives with her husband and children. “I’d like to.”

“Don’t you think Matthew Broderick will be upset?” the radio host asked.

“Well I’ll ask his permission,” Downey replied.

“I just want to check in for a few minutes,” he added. “I love Matthew Broderick.”

The King of All Media then put him on the spot by asking if Downey had ever had salacious thoughts about his ex, to which he jokingly responded, “No, I’d have to ask Matthew’s permission.”

Downey then attempted to wriggle away from Stern’s invasive line of questioning by reiterating his appreciation of the celebrity couple.

“First of all, I respect both of them so much, and now we have to get past this conversation,” he said.

“For any situation like this, I think enough time has to pass,” he added. “You don’t have to make a big deal of it when the time is right."

When Stern proposed Downey have a lunch date with Broderick and Parker, the Oscar nominee was game.

“I’d love to have him there,” he said. “Maybe I’ll bring (my wife) Susan.”

“Would you mind coming just to kind of mediate the whole thing?” Downey asked Stern. “It would be a natural extension seeing as you’re a part of the conversation.”

The radio host agreed, adding, “I won’t shut up during it.”

2. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hazy shade of winter :lol:

4. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    What Daily News editor does Buchwald have pictures of with farm animals?

Another straight out of the tabloid research POS from the "Greatest interviewer in the world".

Is Beth doing his prep for him now?

Omen likes this.
  5. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree there was not much "news" in that article ;)