NYDN: Gregg 'Opie' Hughes and new partner Jim Norton sign deal to maintain morning radio show on SXM

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Omen, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/opie-anthony-siriusxm-article-1.1962644

Opie will carry on without Anthony.

Gregg “Opie” Hughes and comedian Jim Norton have signed new deals to continue their weekday morning show on SiriusXM satellite radio.

This pretty much solidifies the separation of Opie from Anthony Cumia, his longtime radio partner who was fired by SiriusXM earlier this year after a series of racially charged rants.

Cumia does his own show now as a podcast. He is happy to say he’s still ranting.

Opie and Anthony were fired from several terrestrial radio gigs before landing at SiriusXM, which gave them their own channel (XM 103, Sirius 206). Opie said he and Norton will be heard Monday-Thursday, 7-10:30 a.m., and on “some” Fridays.

----------------

Glad to see some ink on O&J
    I figured they would want to sign them. They are saving Cumia's reported $3 million salary.
    I wonder if Jimmy got a bump in pay. I doubt it since they have a reduced scheduled

I love that both Opie & Cumia both did exactly what they ripped Stern for doing by taking off Fridays & reducing their schedule - :beer:
    That is why I don't take anything radio host say as gospel. Opie is known to BS as much as Stern. Cumia is smarter about it, but he is hypocritical as well. Norton seems the most grounded by far!

I heard a bit today when they had Florentine on. He seems to be the most steady third mic.

koclem and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  2. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    "Some Fridays" where have we heard that before.

3. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Same place they got the idea of a radio "Wrap Up Show" from lol

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  4. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    "If we didn't have contracts, we would walk out". Even Howard is disgusted about their hypocrisy.

5. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know some like to make them out as saints since they are always "feuding" with Stern, but they are full of crap & hypocrites too.
    They bitched to SXM about BTLS playing their audio (after saying Stern doing it was a pussy move) & Anthony used to censor topics & words on the Wackbag website (Lobster Girl & others) that he did not even run.

But I don't care as much as some do about that shit.

6. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Howard's likely happy. The only show that ever was as good as the peak of the Stern Show (1990-1998) has ended with an even worse whimper than Stern's show. Opie and Norton look like complete douches for selling out this much. Anthony's the only one with any integrity of the 'shock jocks'.

7. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember Opie going off on Stern because Stern said Opie should have stood by Cumia more. Opie responded that he wanted to but contractually couldn't ......... then signs a new contract with an easier schedule lol

AllAboutHim Ed likes this.
  8. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is this an example of that shock jock integrity ? This is just as stupid and gay as the Wig on AGT except it's lower rent.

9. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Today they were discussing Muslims and the maher/affleck feud and they had to dump out of something. ..but they're the most honest guys in radio amirite?

10. KillVampires

Reputations:
    No one is saying Ant is a genius. He's white trash with money. He's no different than the blacks and Mexicans that win the lottery and blow it all on garbage and become broke within two months. Difference is that Anthony wins the lottery every year with a six-seven figure paycheck so he never goes broke like they do.

yaddc and Omen like this.
  11. Phillip

Phillip Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Norton and Opie got a raise for less hours and days. Retained the majority of their staff and more creative control of the channel (ron bennington on Friday, friend of the show stuff). Good for them. You can listen to both shows if you're not a cheap fuck as Anthony is enjoyable most of the time.

Scott likes this.
  12. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who said they got a raise?

Also Stern was killed for taking a bigger contract with less content, but since it is O&A it is "good for them"???

13. Phillip

Phillip Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Good for Stern as well. I didn't kill him for getting paid for doing less. I aim for that every day. Why begrudge guys in a horrible industry where most fail some extra money?

You're not a big O&A fan. Anthony said on his show that everyone got a raise, it's been reported elsewhere as well. Opie also said Norton got taken care of.

14. KillVampires

Reputations:
    They didn't get a raise. They got less than the amount they got last contract but because they won't work "most" Fridays it comes out to more money per days of work. So they work less days, for less pay, but it's less work than it is a pay loss. I wouldn't count that as a raise at all.

15. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This

16. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Most did kill Stern, including O&A ;)
    I haven't listened to Anthony in a week.
    Where else was it reported they received raises?

17. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Let's be honest, you just can't get over the fact that the guy has a gun in his hands and a different opinion than yours. Saw that a lot in 1930s Europe.

The whole Howard thing aside, opie has never been funny. He's always been the anchor preventing the o&a ship from sailing, and this breakup proves it. Even with jimmy, who is amazingly talented, opines show is shit. Meanwhile, Anthony's podcast is more entertaining than anything stern and Hughes has done in over a decade, combined. This, with a tiny budget, no produced pieces and being broadcast from a basement while sitting on a lawn chair in front of a folding table and a green screen.

SouthernListen, cia212 and Omen like this.
  18. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is okay by me since Ronny B will be subbing

19. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    LOL, Ant admitted the whole Melinda blew the intern to save a lobster the other day

Nemo likes this.
  20. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    So there will be a live show on Friday? Who is Ronny B?

Joe Bauers and Nemo like this.