Sports NYK still dysfunctional, boston sucks now, embiid, etc

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mr Cachexic, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Mr Cachexic

Mr Cachexic Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    anybody read where Phil is thinking about coaching home games next year and Melo outright said he's not ok with it? How weird is Rambis's job right now?

Celtics might as well kiss home court advantage goodbye if Crowder is out for as long as people are fearing(about 1 month)

Joel Embiid is fucking HUGE now....Nerlens is 7 foot easy with his hair(i've seen Nerlens in person and hes actually really close to 7 ft if hes not legitimately there)

[​IMG]

thats not the same guy we saw at kansas....scary to think what he can be if he ever gets right assuming he hasnt lost those sweet Dream Shakes

reno and ARM like this.
  2. Mr Cachexic

Reputations:
    @ARM is it just me or is this dude a filled out 7'2 and then possibly some? good lord

ARM likes this.
  3. Mr Cachexic

Reputations:
    dont get it twisted, this is Philadelphia's franchise player and probably the best Center on the planet that hasnt played professionally yet

LaserT likes this.
  4. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    NYK not going anywhere with Carmelo Anthony. Anthony does not make a team around him better, like top players do. He has the worst playoff team record in NBA history. They can make BS excuses for that record, but it stands strong if you watch him play over the years.

16-36 playoff record.

5. Mr Cachexic

Reputations:
    the triangle is the real problem....completely outdated system that fancies mid range over the 3, like...just so basic, come on phil youre smarter than this

ARM and LaserT like this.
  6. LaserT

Reputations:
    Oh I agree, the triangle is not the fit in NY or in many basketball games today, but Carmelo is not the answer for NY(just my opinion). It's all about him and his record reflects that. If he was a top player who made players better, Denver would've found a way to keep him or teams in this past off season(Carmelo free agency) would've paid big for him. Basically it was...nah you can keep him Knicks. Here we are still losing game after game. Sadly, the Knicks haven't been relevant in years.

Mr Cachexic and ARM like this.
  7. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've heard from Philly insiders that Embiid is physically unlike anything we've ever seen - and if his foot work goes along with this - the 76ers are in for a major franchise augmentation.

Rumor has it they'll be shopping Nerlens Noel in the coming months. I overestimated his worth this season. Noel appeared to have this Kevin Garnett thing happening but he has a LONG way to go now.

Hell, he's not even BILL Garnett yet.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    wife is a whore and Mr Cachexic like this.
  8. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    James Harden is worse than Carmelo is in the department and the new king. Harden has completely sullied both Ty Lawson and Dwight Howard's trade value single-handedly - as well as Kevin McHale's coaching reign.

LaserT and Mr Cachexic like this.
  9. Mr Cachexic

Reputations:
    honestly i think melo has had bad luck when it comes to management, hes also unlucky that the knicks are his (sort of) hometown team that he chose to be loyal to...just a bad time altogether because in denver he was screwed from the very beginning but yet he led them to the postseason every single year...thats not anything to scoff at

the man's never averaged less than 20 and hes got well over 3 assists per game for his career but is faulted for being the only good player on most of his teams...Iverson is really the only good player he EVER played with....

10. LaserT

Reputations:
    Agree, such a talent.... but a bad talent team wise.

Mr Cachexic likes this.
  11. Mr Cachexic

Reputations:
    laziest fucking player in the game yet gets superstar calls

when houston was up here last week i thought my head was going to goddamn explode

12. Mr Cachexic

Reputations:
    you arent kidding...like i said, nerlens is not a soft listing at 6'11 or 7', embiid's eyes are almost at the top of nerlen's flat top...and hes been hitting the weight room too, because at kansas he was skinny and a lot of people said he wasnt even 7feet...talk about becoming a man jesus christ

wife is a whore and ARM like this.
  13. LaserT

Reputations:
    I'm not saying Carmelo doesn't have talent. He does. When he's on, he's on.....big time! Unreal shots. I just don't think he makes a team better. He had Jason Kidd with him in NY and Carmelo hogged that ball and did not even let Jason QB that team from the point most of the time. It was just kind of about him. Love him being an athlete, love his talent, but not a fan of him making a team better. He's been around for so long showing what he can do team wise, and I have to say, other guys have made worse teams better. Just my opinion. I could be totally wrong and as @ARM knows I'm hockey, not B-ball haha. So I am probably wrong here. Love the guy, just not a fan of his team boosting.

Mr Cachexic and ARM like this.
  14. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The thing about Melo - he's doing EXACTLY what he did in Denver in NYK. And the New York schmucks expected he was gonna magically turn into Bird or LeBron - instead of the Dominque Wilkins he's always been most similar to.

Melo is a SCORING forward that can and has played power forward when asked and played it well. He's even upped his playmaking on NYK, but who the fuck is he supposed to pass to -- Jose Calderone...Cleanthony Early...Tony Wroten...Lance Thomas??? I'd shoot 35 shots a game too if I played around that blighted drek.

LaserT and Mr Cachexic like this.
  15. Mr Cachexic

Reputations:
    youre not totally wrong but i cant agree with the statement that he doesnt make a team better at all....but like you eluded to, other players with lesser talent make a bigger impact on the success of their team....Jae Crowder and the Celtics are proving that, without him they arent even remotely close to a .500 team but with him theyre easily the 3rd best east team and probably 7th best in the entire league....Jae isnt exactly what you'd call an mvp caliber player

16. Mr Cachexic

Reputations:
    Wroten in the triangle :facepalm:

that blame is more on the front office for expecting the frog to turn into the princess, *riley voice* you understand?

ARM likes this.
  17. Mr Cachexic

Reputations:
    some of that blame i put on melo though....why he and lebron are hesitant to move to the 4 full time is beyond me,i'd be licking my chops if i were them

LaserT likes this.
  18. LaserT

Reputations:
    Cachexic, as I said....trust me you and ARM know more then me about basketball. I just go by what I see team wise on a court, or ice, or a field. Just not a huge fan of Carmelo, team wise. There are so many games close in last minutes of the 4th and he's chucking up bad shots with KP down low or guys moving to open spots. Just never liked his play over the years. But again, I am no where close to an expert on B-ball...trust me. :snicker:

As a athlete, I would like to see him win. I know he loves the game and has dedicated himself to it.

ARM and Mr Cachexic like this.
  19. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Because 9 out of 10 power forwards they're guarding are typically players that are 2 to 4 inches taller than they are - as well 20 to 30 lbs heavier. They'll be forced to play the blocks when they don't want to, and they can't handle that 82 game grind - they got enough on their plate.

When you play the 3.5 - you can basically go wherever you want and no one will call you out for not boxing out Zach Randolph or Lamarcus Aldridge.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  20. Mr Cachexic

Reputations:
    i gotta lay off basketball for 10 minutes and learn more about the ins and outs of hockey...that shit is sooo exciting come playoff time. barely know a half dozen players on my favorite nhl team but even to someone who only really pays attention to baseball and basketball, its obvious that playoff hockey is the best thing to watch in all of sports, there's no competition at all

everything you say is based in reality and has logic, same cant be said for some so called "experts" :grad:

ARM likes this.