News NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton resigns

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Tim, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Tim

Tim ty dawg for gold! Gold

Reputations:
    The New York Times, reports that NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton, 68, will step down next month to take a job in the private sector.

De Blasio announced at a press conference that Bratton will be replaced by Chief of Department James O'Neill. "We have found the perfect person to succeed him," de Blasio said.

Bratton has been a frequent target of criticism by the city’s minority communities, particularly over high-profile civilian deaths during confrontations with city police officers. The list includes Eric Garner, who did in 2014 after cops held him in a choke hold while arresting him for selling loose cigarettes on a Staten Island street.

Activist organizations have also criticized Bratton’s championing of the “broken windows” policy of policing -- making arrests for minor infractions as a way to avoid the potential for major offenses in the future. Supporters of Black Lives Matter occupied City Hall Park Monday in a demonstration calling for Bratton’s resignation.

“Policing is, like so many other professions, constantly in the state of evolution. But there are periods of time of revolution in which things are churning so quickly, so dramatically," Bratton told Newsweek last week.

"The revolutionary period we find ourselves in right now...is once again race," he said. "Again American policing is being challenged in revolutionary ways to build trust in communities that have lost trust in us."

He said American policing had entered "an era that I've never seen—the assasination of police because they are police."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...police-chief-bill-bratton-step-down/87951442/

[​IMG]

2. Salvatore Stockbroker

Salvatore Stockbroker Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Can't blame him. He's sick of de Blasio.

1Vegasgirl and DinnerSocks like this.
  3. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
  4. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know DeBlasio is tall, but he makes Bratton look like a fidget. This idiot will still probably get re-elected. People are retarded.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  5. June DeMay

June DeMay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm surprised he was able to stand working for DiBlasio for this long.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  6. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Bratton's a horrible political stooge and still he wasn't subservient enough for deBlasio's tastes. This next guy should be a real winner.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  7. flaflaflunky

flaflaflunky Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Every NYPD chief standing around that podium was responsible for the "community relations" problems they are promising to fix today. I was personally berated numerous times by the new Chief of Department Carlos Gomez for my cops not stopping and frisking enough people (flaking them for no reason). I took the beatings at the podium at these meetings in front of all my peers knowing that I was comfortable telling my cops to stop people for the right reason, not for the sake of just getting a "number". Fuck you Gomez, you lying piece of shit.