O & A Youtube clips being killed

Discussion in 'The Anthony Cumia Show' started by OlyMike, Jan 25, 2013.

1. OlyMike

OlyMike New Member

Reputations:
    Looks like the new owners of Sirius are taking action on all those copyrighted old O & A clips on youtube.

Reddit link http://www.reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/17735m/sirius_lawyers_cracking_down_on_show_uploads/

And amazingly prolific youtube poster omgwtfitssteve took his awesome O&A channel down due to this per his post on the somethingawful.com forum topic regarding O&A and Ron and Fez. Don't know if non members can view, but here it is. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3485290&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=74

We should all tweet/facebook or whatever the whole staff to try to put a stop to this. It's ridiculous and will do nothing but prevent new listeners from tuning in.

2. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I heard them today. Anyone know what clips are being taken down?

3. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    omgwtfitssteve's channel is gone. he had every single Patrice, Burr, Louis CK, Colin Quinn, and Jim Jefferies appearance. a HUGE loss to my workday listening.

4. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ouch. It's over then. This is horrible. I have a subscription but I look up clips on youtube all the time. The sirius people are idiots.

5. Icculus

Reputations:
    I think it's safe to say Opie reads this board. He said he monitors certain message boards regularly and mentioned this board in a tweet when this board was created.

6. shitcunt

shitcunt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm a new listener and it was pretty amazing to have a near limitless archive of entire shows on youtube. I barely scratched the surface.

7. hbosch

hbosch New Member

Reputations:
    the patrice shows alone were enough to get me to listen to the new shows and keep my Sirius subscription. I was only on show # 53 too. dammit. of course it'll probably go back up eventually.

8. Mcfly

Mcfly New Member

Reputations:
    SiriusXM is clearly staffed by complete morons who understand nothing of business and how to market products in a world that has the internet.

9. Viddy Well

Viddy Well New Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;Mr5vxa14G6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr5vxa14G6M[/video]

10. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    moral of the story......
    stop bragging about where to get free shit on the internet.
    some people love to tell about never paying for anything.

are they pulling clips off youtube or entire shows?

11. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Everything. Someone had all of Patrice O'Neal's appearances uploaded to an account on YouTube and Sirius-XM terminated it. I'm going to go through my archives this weekend of O&A and pass them out to the filesharing sites and get people to reupload everything to YouTube. They've never replayed all of Patrice appearances so YouTube is a major resource to get his material heard. Especially now that he's dead and it's all his fans have left.

O&A are always using YouTube for clips on their show. They constantly post YT links on their facebook pages and twitter accounts. They've always loved when the fans post clips. Sirius is a company that doesn't understand that word of mouth is the best promotional vehicle going right now. That fans will evangelize their product for free by sharing their favorite shows and bringing in new subscribers.

Those idiots pay for free subs in rental cars to get people aware of satellite radio. Yet when the fans who pay for Sirius are cutting up their own clips and making what are essentially high quality commercials...the lawyers take them down. Pathetic.

12. Caster Fly

Caster Fly New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    O&A don't care because they didn't have the pull to negotiate ownership of their own material. So they are being idiots in acting like they have a say and are upset about this.

The bottom line is, if you don't actively defend your copyright protected materials, you might end up losing them to public domain. Sirius is protecting their property just as you all would and just as O&A would if they actually owned it.

13. Oceans112

Oceans112 New Member

Reputations:
    Crisis averted. Opster says the lawyers will back off. Looks like tomorrow will be business as usual.

Screencap before he deleted it, courtesy of reddit opie and anthony.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  14. Caster Fly

Reputations:
    Again, Opie is just being a douche because it's not his property being stolen and he has sand in his vagina from being told he's not Howard Stern and won't be given ownership at the last contract negotiation.

15. Icculus

Reputations:
    good news! Opie tweeted this

YT update - Been told lawyers have calmed down.Real sorry for all the BS. Completely understand how YT clips help us! WILL DELETE THIS TWEET

I still remember Howard talking about how hard he was trying to get his show clips taken off youtube.

16. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Thank goodness that they aren't Howard Stern or their show would be shit and only be on 3 days a week, 20 weeks per year.

17. Caster Fly

Reputations:

Agreed, not to mention that a cackling obese golfer in a booth bed wouldn't add much to their show.

18. OlyMike

OlyMike New Member

Reputations:
    He voluntary pulled his shit from youtube. (the guy who uploaded all patrice shit.) hopefully now he'll bring the account back since Opie at least seems to think it's fine.