Obama announces his gay marriage thoughts

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by FCCstandards, May 9, 2012.

1. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    He said he approves.
    He just came out with the statement.

2. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Wow. Way to really hang out there and give such a bold statement, Obongo.

3. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
    I can't believe anybody would be fighting for the right to be miserable...to each their own!

4. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    I know! As if ramming each other in the fart-pipe isn't painful enough!

5. shitcunt

shitcunt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is this an election year or something?

6. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Actually, I wish they would ban marriage for everyone. No more marriage and nullify all existing marriages. Would save me some headaches.

7. BrulesRules

Reputations:
    Or at least give you the option to renew your marriage every 5 years or so or just part ways.

8. BrulesRules

Reputations:
    Yep, a bunch or promises about things that a Loud minority care about while the rest of the silent majority go on with their daily lives.

9. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nah, I want them to end marriage altogether. Just eliminate the option entirely. 5 years is still too much.

10. Morning Wood

Morning Wood New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah because Romney always makes bold statements. Here's a beauty...
    [video=youtube;C6GT3CKny_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6GT3CKny_c[/video]

11. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    IF two people want to get married, why do they need the State to sanction it? I'm pretty sure those extreme Mormon polygamists don't have more than one "legal" marriage and they consider themselves married.

When a gay person is asked the above question their answer is always something like, "Well, I just want our union to equal to other married couples; I want the State to recognize the legitimacy of our relationship because if the State says we're married then other people will have to recognize and respect it"

....to which I reply, "ok, so when a child-raping pedophile gets paroled, i.e., the State says he's 'ok' now, you 'recognize and respect' his rehabilitation, right?

12. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    That was one of the worst comparisons that I think i have ever seen posted online

13. Magnificent Mr. Hole

Magnificent Mr. Hole Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure in his tiny mind being gay is the same as a child molester. He needs to get out more.

14. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    Really? My point (and you're free to still find it ridiculous after this clarification) is that I often hear from gay couples (I know a few) that if only the State would recognize their union, all would be well--my point is, who cares what the "State" thinks--do you follow everything else that they approve of, including criminal pardons and parole for hideous criminals? If not, why do you care if they recognize your marriage?

15. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    Well, if you're sure, there's no point in trying to convince you otherwise...

16. Magnificent Mr. Hole

Magnificent Mr. Hole Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Because they want the same legal rights that straight couples get, its pretty simple.

17. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    I get that--although I'm not totally sure what "rights" they are missing out on other than the "right to pay more taxes".

Please explain to this tiny mind what legal rights gays do not enjoy by virtue of their (current) inability to be "legally" married.

18. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    Many people apparently as people get married every day.

From the "few" gay people you know, I doubt there actual answers were as boring as what you are telling us.

The State recognition for tax purposes, etc....well, does matter

19. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    I think they want the ability for their "spouse" to be able to take them off life support, and all that shit.

Personally, I think this is another example of the minority (queers make up what, 5% of the population) screaming that they want majority rule.

20. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    This article is about Obama's donors holding their $ until he finally gets off the fence and make a decision.

http://freebeacon.com/gay-for-pay/

President Obama announced his support for same-sex marriage less than 48 hours after the Washington Post reported that prominent political donors were threatening to withhold donations over the president’s position on gay rights.
    “[A]t a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married,” Obama told ABC News in an interview.
    Left-wing blogger Greg Sargent reported on Monday that “leading gay and progressive donors” were angry with Obama over his increasingly convoluted position on gay rights and same-sex marriage, and were refusing to donate any more money to Priorities USA, the pro-Obama Super PAC. Sargent cited Paul Yandura, a political adviser to prominent Democratic donor Jonathan Lewis, who emailed that:
    A number of gay and progressive donors, unsolicited, have indicated to us that they aren’t considering requests to donate to the Obama SuperPac because of the president’s refusal to the sign the order. And those are high-dollar asks, some in the seven digits. We have heard from at least half a dozen major gay and progressive donors that they stand united with us.
    The Washington Post noted on Tuesday that roughly 20 percent of Obama top campaign bundlers—who are responsible for arranging $500,000 and up—“publicly identified themselves as gay.”
    Obama’s announcement fits a pattern of changing positions on major issues for what appear to be financially motivated reasons.

Last edited: May 9, 2012