Politics Obama calls Americans racist again, tries to play race card against Trump

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ltd86, Dec 21, 2015.

1. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Obama Accuses Trump of Exploiting Working-Class Fears

[​IMG]

President Obama said in a radio interview airing on Monday that Donald J. Trump, a leading contender for the Republican presidential nomination, is exploiting the resentment and anxieties of working-class men to boost his campaign. Mr. Obama also argued that some of the scorn directed at him personally stems from the fact that he is the first African-American to hold the White House.

“You combine those things, and it means that there is going to be potential anger, frustration, fear — some of it justified, but just misdirected,” the president added. “I think somebody like Mr. Trump is taking advantage of that. That’s what he’s exploiting during the course of his campaign.”

The comments were Mr. Obama’s most pointed response to Mr. Trump since the Republican candidate suggested that Muslims be barred from entering the United States after the mass shooting in San Bernardino, Calif.The attack was carried out by a couple who apparently were radicalized Muslims, one of whom had entered the United States on a fiancée visa.

In the wide-ranging interview, conducted the day before he left Washington on Friday for a two-week holiday vacation with his family in Hawaii, Mr. Obama defended his approach to taking on the Islamic State. He dismissed the notion that the militant group is an existential threat to the United States even as he conceded that he had received “legitimate criticism” for failing to adequately explain his strategy for confronting it.

He also described his view of the anxiety on which Mr. Trump has capitalized, arguing that some voters who voice fears about his presidency and doubts about where Mr. Obama’s loyalties lie are reacting to the fact that he is the first black president.

“If you are referring to specific strains in the Republican Party that suggest that somehow I’m different, I’m Muslim, I’m disloyal to the country, etc. — which unfortunately is pretty far out there, and gets some traction in certain pockets of the Republican Party, and that have been articulated by some of their elected officials — what I’d say there is that that’s probably pretty specific to me, and who I am and my background,” Mr. Obama told Steve Inskeep, an NPR correspondent. “In some ways, I may represent change that worries them.”

On the Islamic State, which is also called ISIS or ISIL, Mr. Obama pushed back against criticism of his approach and said he was “confident that we are going to prevail.”

“This is a serious challenge — ISIS is a virulent, nasty organization that has gained a foothold in ungoverned spaces effectively in Syria and parts of western Iraq,” Mr. Obama said, referring to attacks the group organized in Paris and apparently inspired in San Bernardino. “But it is also important for us to keep things in perspective, and this is not an organization that can destroy the United States.”

He also suggested that heavy coverage of the media-savvy extremist group by news outlets chasing viewership had contributed to the public anxiety that has dragged down his approval ratings on the issue.

“If you’ve been watching television for the last month, all you have been seeing, all you have been hearing about is these guys with masks or black flags who are potentially coming to get you,” Mr. Obama said. “And so I understand why people are concerned about it.”

Asked whether news organizations had been manipulated by the Islamic State, he added: “Look, the media is pursuing ratings. This is a legitimate news story.”

He rejected critiques from Republican presidential candidates who have suggested “carpet bombing” the group, as well as the suggestion by Hillary Clinton, his party’s leading presidential candidate, that the United States establish a “no-fly zone” over Syria. He argued that doing so would require substantial ground troops and would fail to damage the Islamic State, which does not have an air force.

Still, the president said his administration had not done enough to explain its strategy and promote its successes in carrying it out.

“There is a legitimate criticism of what I’ve been doing and our administration has been doing in the sense that we haven’t, you know, on a regular basis, I think, described all the work that we’ve been doing for more than a year now to defeat ISIL,” Mr. Obama said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/22/u...p-of-exploiting-working-class-fears.html?_r=0

2. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    In other news, the left-wing propagandists at the NYT edited out a part of a story where Obama says he didn't understand why people were worried about ISIS because he doesn't watch cable news.

The NYT Just Disappeared A Devastating Obama Admission

A story published by the New York Times late Thursday night caused some major media waves. The story, which was written by reporters Peter Baker and Gardiner Harris, included a remarkable admission by Obama about his response to the recent terror attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California.

By Friday morning, however, the entire passage containing Obama’s admission had been erased from the story without any explanation from the New York Times. Here’s the passage that was included in the story when it was published Thursday night, courtesy of CNN’s Brian Stelter:

3. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    god I'm so sick of him

4. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    I don't know what would be worse: Trump winning the election and having him ruin America, or the Democrats winning and having to read your fucking posts blaming them for everything bad in the world for the next four years.....

I'll sleep on this.

5. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Look at this blithering retard. At least you don't ever try to challenge anything I say - I respect a guy who knows the limits of his own deficient mind

6. face palm

face palm Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    picture of the pres of the US with a scumbag just cus he's black
    hope and change

7. chrisfromvegas

chrisfromvegas HOOLIGAN VIP

Reputations:
    Obama went after law abiding legal US gun owners in San Bernardino.

Wouldn't mention Islam.

It was workplace violence.

What does anyone expect?

8. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    And at least you carry on the right wing tradition of stating everything you think as being absolute fact, and anyone who disagrees with you gets called names.

9. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah I'm sick of Trumps bullshit to.

Jake Dog, Harleigh and BethSucks like this.
  10. face palm

Reputations:
    if i disagree with Obama I'm a racist
    your point is stoopid

11. face palm

Reputations:
    2 or too?

12. Dorb

Reputations:
    The kid id at it again. Cant win an argument so he resorts to insults.

Jake Dog and blckknight60 like this.
  13. RobotsVsMonsters

RobotsVsMonsters Semi-lurker since 2008

Reputations:
    He's right

AxlCorey and Gusbuss like this.
  14. Dorb

Reputations:
    nuthing mor lame than a spel corector. get a life man

15. Dorb

Reputations:

16. face palm

Reputations:
    using the wrong word is not spelling
    it's stupidity

17. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    With the election coming up, there will be endless political ads on TV. They will all be attack ads from both parties. I might have to shoot my TV.

Gusbuss, PI Nate and Dorb like this.
  18. Dorb

Reputations:
    Get a freakin life you lame nerd!

19. RobotsVsMonsters

RobotsVsMonsters Semi-lurker since 2008

Reputations:
    I don't give a shit about Obama or politics but for some reason these fuckin threads keep showing up on the front page so I'm gonna post in them.

20. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    likes illegal aliens
    [​IMG]

Dorb likes this.