Obama Wants $9 Minimum Wage... BS

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dusco, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Dusco

Dusco New Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;6uMBfV8PLwo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uMBfV8PLwo[/video]

Stern said a few weeks ago that min wage should be $25 an hour.. What a idiot.

2. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Obongo hasn’t worked a day of his life. He's only worked for academic institutions and government. He has no idea about how real people work for a living.

3. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah, the media has some of you fooled that these employers are job creators and minimum wage increase would cause them to fire people or put them out of business. Good. Don't be successful, go out of business. None of these fucks got into business to lose money, so if push comes to shove, they'll rather skip the 3rd car, or even forego their own raise. Don't you fucking idiots see that this type of opposition only widens the gap between the rich and poor? Or is it just racism that has you against an increase?

4. lilbuddy67

Reputations:
    I didn't wanna watch this idiot prick, but I did for about 30 seconds. His voodoo math is the same as the dumb cunts that "figure" if they go to Vegas and double up on every bet, they come out a winner. OK logic, poor math.

5. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    nonsense argument.

as to the issue, there should be no min. wage. if $9 if good, then why not make it $90, then no one would be poor ..... or more likely more be poor because most companies would go out of business. having no min. wage would create more jobs.
    companies want to pay their employees well and majority pay more than min wage anyways, but some few they cant afford it. that cost would just be passed onto the consumers.

6. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Please....give some employers the option to pay people $3 an hour and they would.

Minimum wage is to prevent those few prick employers who would, from doing it. Minimum wage is poverty wages. No fucking company is going under having to pay it. If they try to clain they will, they were going under anyway because they suck at business.

7. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    EXACTLY!
    You can either raise the minimum wage and let the employers carry the burden, or you can carry it because they're working poor on WELFARE.
    It's gonna kill jobs? Tell me how?
    It still takes X amount of people to handle the lunch rush at any fast food joint. So your burger costs .75 more? BFD.

Some people because of their capabilities will never be more than a minimum wage employee. And if they marry a spouse with the same capabilities and have children?
    Face it, we're gonna pay for it one way or the other.
    And make minimum wage gain or reduce at the same percentage rate as inflation. Also prohibit corporations like Walmart hiring nothing but part time employees so they don't have to give them benefits like health insurance.

8. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:

agreed. dont work for those few prick employers then. its not slavery. those pricks would be screwing themselfs anyways, high turnover, poor performance/service/product, employee theft ect.
    you get what you pay for.

i diidnt say they would go under if employee cost increased 20%, but they likely would increase prices 15%.
    so really we would pay, not the employers. why would a prick employer eat the cost

9. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Why do you toss out "racism" in regards to something totally unrelated to that? Is this your "go to" message when you disagree with someone?

There are plenty of arguments against minimum wage laws. One being that in a bad economy any job is better than no job and some employers would be inclined to offer various services if the costs were cheap enough to make it profitable. For example, in the old days people would work at gas stations cleaning windows and such. But at $9.00/hour they may feel it's too expensive. Hotel pools might want to have a lifeguard, but if the cost is too high they might just post a "swim at your own risk" sign instead.

What is wrong with letting people freely engage in trade of labor for pay? I think it's terrible that our economy got structured the way it is, but the same people who support minimum wage laws seem to be for unlimited immigration. Ever consider there's a connection there? The same people seem to think "easy money" printed by the Federal Reserve is great. Ever consider that easy money created bubbles, our service economy, and the disincentive to save?

Don't believe me? Read this http://wiki.mises.org/wiki/Minimum_wage and refute what you think is wrong, with specifics of why they are wrong. Otherwise, quit calling people who know more about economics than you do "racists".

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  10. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    disagree, watch most of the reps who supported it under bush, all the sudden be against it. they dont 'have' a position on minimum wage. im not calling them racists, but it certainly isnt logical, so i can understand why some people think that

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  11. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Can't tell if sarcastic or stupid :)

12. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Labor costs are typically a small fraction of production cost (you have a near 1:1 relationship, which just ain't there).

Like it or not, corporations only serve the corporation. You need laws, including minimum wage, to ensure fairness.

I consider offshoring, CEO compensation, and the near pathological drive for short term shareholder returns a much greater issue than raising minimum wage. I know folks who are told their jobs are leaving here, but can move to India and make dollars a month with a rice allowance.

It is pretty sad this is the legacy we are leaving our children.

13. Bentknee

Bentknee Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Say they do raise the minimum wage to $9 per hour, what happens to the people who are making $9 per hour now? You think that they will be happy that they are now making minimum wage? Hell no, they will expect a raise to get them to the same level over minimum as they were before. And the same with the people making $10, $11, and so on. It's not just the people that are making minimum wage that will get a salary increase, every hourly paid worker will want one. How much increase in salary cost do you think a business can absorb before it has to raise prices? All of that extra pay that the workers get will be eaten up by an increased cost of goods and services that they buy. People seem to think that all employers are these big, greedy corporations that are just hording money when in reality most employers are small business struggling to survive and a big increase in payroll expenses could put them out of business.

14. Spazzmatazz

Reputations:
    I see his point but not in a racist bent. I see it more as a class thing. It's like so many people look at minimum wage people as a throwaway class. "Meh, there's more to replace them." Minimum wage should directly fluctuate with inflation unless you want working people to draw welfare.
    Walmart hands out welfare and food stamp information to their new hires.

Here is your choice. You can pay for these people in taxes, or pay at the cash register. Because these people are not gonna go away.
    Some people get the genes, and some don't.

15. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    If you can't afford to pay your employees a living wage, you shouldn't be in business.

16. Spazzmatazz

Reputations:
    See, that's a helluva good point.
    Because wage levels vary so much according to the region you're in. I'm not a NYer, (a fucking Okie) but plain and simple? You'll starve to death in NY on $9.00 an hour! And I'm in the sticks (literally), not NYC.

If I drove the 70 miles to NYC every day? I'd easily make twice what I make now. But I'd rather be in Hell with my back broke...

17. Spazzmatazz

Reputations:
    In a nutshell.

18. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    Minimum wage is a joke. See: the paradigm of thrift.

19. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    You dot need to increase wages, you need to increase value.

20. lilbuddy67

Reputations:
    THIS:
    Obongo hasn’t worked a day of his life. He's only worked for academic institutions and government. He has no idea about how real people work for a living.