Obamacare: Repeal and Replace. ITT we explain what Replace means.

Discussion in 'Hoochie Bin' started by Daveindiego, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    :smile:

I sure have heard an awful lot about Repealing, but not so much on Replacing.

Can you explain how Obamacare will be replaced? And can you tell us how Obamacare differed from the plan that was presented by the GOP in 1993.

2. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well I'm not a Political Science genius, I can read and observe laws/political plans but I don't have the legal fortitude to write up my own theoretical laws. So I'll explain it as best I can. The following snippets come from an Opinion Article from Rick Unger who is described as Forbes.com's token center left liberal, he also created the 90s kids cartoon "Biker Mice From Mars" so he sounds like a pretty cool guy. I think this is a very fair article and it clearly explains why healthcare went off the walls in this country.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...-healthcare-costs-are-so-artificially-high/2/

So in other words the insurance companies play the role of Howard Stern trying to keep their marbles and they whine and whine about the marbles being stolen. So hospitals charge more to get what the procedures cost or otherwise there wouldn't be doctors or hospitals.

So in other words Medicare guards their marbles too because that's the government's marbles and the government only likes wasting marbles on wars!

So here's my crazy idea, LET'S JUST AGREE TO HAVE HOSPITALS CHARGE THE HONEST RATES FROM THE GET GO AND THE INSURANCE COMPANIES AND MEDICARE THE SAME PRICE AS AN OUT OF POCKET PERSON! Am I nuts or isn't this the simplest way as opposed to going Single Payer which would probably make the UK's horrid NHS look amazing in comparison.

Government's job should be making sure the hospitals charge a fair price and rationalize said price with the same level of accounting they'd expect any other business to have.

This will never happen because Insurance Companies have so many politicians in their pocket, if Donald Trump started talking like this he'd be my hero.

3. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    that's a lot of work for the Hoochie bin bro

4. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I thought I was posting on the Republican subforum. :suicide: