Amazon Prime

ObamaCare Strikes Again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by booybob, Feb 8, 2013.

1. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    I was just informed today that all part time employees at Sherwin Williams will no longer be allowed to work over 28 hours a week due to the coverage requirements in ObamaCare. I feel bad for the part time employees that I work with because even thought Sherwin Williams pays well "10.00 to start part time" They all will be losing 4-6 hours a week.

I also think that it is fucked up that Sherwin Williams does not offer any type of benefit program for the part time employees, the posted a 1.5 BILLION dollar profit last year and their stock goes up daily. Our store does about 1.6 million a year with a 27% profit margin. How much could it really cost to offer the part time employees a basic benefit package??

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At Nordstrom
  3. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    i understand your reasoning, but the whole problem with our bloated out of control healthcare which is so much more expensive than the rest of the world by 10 fold is because at some point the dumbass employers were suckered into being responsible for the personal healthcare of their employees. so no one saw the costs, on a personal level & no one cared. insurance & the healthcare industry, pharma, docs, hospitals, drug reps all figured out to inflate costs & take advantage of the system since it was on the employers dime....i applaud obamacare if for no other reason than it shakes up the industry...dont think its fully thought out tho & it doesnt address costs & the unintended consequences have yet to be realized. too many lobbyists had their hands in the design as usual.
    the perfect world would be if each state set up their own nonprofit co-op insurance exchange & took the profit out of insurance, maybe, i dunno, whatever...:dontknow:

4. booybob

Reputations:
    I'm not too sure what to do either, I just feel bad for the part timers that I work with because of no fault of their own they will be losing
    40-60 dollars a week from their paychecks.

5. Bosch76

Bosch76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe we should universal healthcare. Problem solved.

6. Bosch76

Reputations:
    Maybe we should universal healthcare. Problem solved.

7. Bosch76

Reputations:
    $60 a week? Dude how poor are you?

8. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    ya, cuz gubmint does such a great job with our money:facepalm:

obamacare was designed to force all into the government care eventually anyway. $2000 per employee annual tax will force all public companies to wash their hands of healthcare & pay the annual fee, much chaeper & shareholders will demand it.

9. booybob

Reputations:
    I'm full time, it doesn't effect me at all.

10. booybob

Reputations:
    60 x 52 = 3120 lost in a year. A big chunk of your pay if you're a part time employee.

11. shitcunt

shitcunt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

12. Bosch76

Reputations:
    So what's the answer know it all?

How is someone who can't even stand to lose $60 a week going to pay $2,000 a month for healthcare?

13. MatthewT

MatthewT Awaiting The Rapture VIP

Reputations:
    MSA :coffee:

14. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    thats employer tax. like i said, co-op looks like the best option in the long run. & medical tourism overseas until prices come down here...fuck us healthcare screwing us.

15. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    The Medical Industry, because that's what is is, an Industry, is also to blame. Don't even talk about major surgery, just think of a broken arm or a nasty cut that sends you to the ER.... Even if your insurance covers it, take a few minutes to read the itemized billing. $20 for a $1 bottle of hydrogen peroxide, $10 for a $.50 gauze bandage.....They'll sometimes charge you for blood that they don't even use, and you can't take it home either, they just sell it again to the next schmuck. Then, look at all the parasites that jump in on the bill, even if they just look you over 30secs and say "Oh you'll be fine". They're worse than lawyers.

16. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    ya, that was my point with inflated costs. anytime you have insurance paying, costs are so inflated. find an industry that bills insurance & you are golden. the same medical equip/supplies/drugs, hospital & physician costs are 10 times cheaper in europe. a 50k operation in europe costs 500k here.

17. HeinousMark

Reputations:
    But gosh, if it's American and it costs so much more, it MUST be better... American healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and insurance, would NEVER fuck over our own people.....:smile: :smile: :smile:

18. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    for part-timers $60 is a killer. many work two or three part-time jobs and for each they often have to pay union dues and benefits co-payments as well as having FICA, unemployment and all the wonderful income taxes as though each part-time job was the only one they have. this results in them paying 1.5 times as much FICA and federal taxes than someone with a full-time job. They can claim the overpayments in their tax return but not having it in their weekly pay is painful.

19. Bosch76

Reputations:
    But Sarah Palin said telling what doctors can charge is death panels.

20. Bosch76

Reputations:
    Because they have universal healthcare.

What we need is universal medicare.

21. HeinousMark

Reputations:
    Yyyyyyyyyyyup. But hey, they're not "Unemployed" ! Those are the Good Conservatives who made America GREAT... working themselves into an early grave so they can eke out a subsistence. :salute: