Obese New Jersey Cat "Sprinkles" Abandoned By Owners Tips The scales At 33 Pounds

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, Apr 28, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Attention animoe expert Beth!! You Are Abusing Charlie Chunk...

Obese New Jersey cat abandoned by owners tips scales at 33 pounds ..

[​IMG]MICHAEL EIN/AP
    Sprinkles, a 33-pound cat was found in a foreclosed home in Sea Isle City N.J. on April 20.
    Say hello to one of the fattest of fat cats you're probably likely to see.

In fact, the word "obese" is probably a more accurate descriptor for Sprinkles.

The rotund creature, who weighs more than three times her average weight, was recently delivered to a shelter in sounthern New Jersey and is now set to begin the long, daunting process of changing her lifestyle.

Cape May County sheriff officers found the 4-year-old animal inside a foreclosed home, said Mary Devery, a board member with the S.O.S. Sea Isle City Cats Inc.

The group, which serves as a transition facility to help cats get adopted, does not have information on the owners or why Sprinkles was able to get so large. A cat her size should weigh between 9 and 10 pounds, Devery told the Daily News.

We're all old ladies here. We couldn't lift her.
    "She has the paws of a 9-pound cat and the body of a 33-pound cat," she said.

Stacy Jones Olandt, a volunteer at S.O.S. told the Press of Atlantic City Sprinkles' condition is equivalent to a 600 or 700 pound human who should weigh 180 pounds.

Just bringing the feline to the agency was a tall task as Devery had to ask her 23-year-old son to carry the feline up the stairs.

"We're all old ladies here," she said. "We couldn't lift her."

[​IMG]MICHAEL EIN/AP
    Cat rescuer Stacy Olandt, of the S.O.S. Sea Isle Cats, Inc. in Sea Isle City. is now caring for the 4-year-old animal who is more than three times her target weight.
    Sprinkles was a little standoffish at first and barely moved but now she seems to be adapting well to her new home. Devery said she is walking round and is friendly to everyone, but because of her girth is unable to climb stairs. Her size also prohibited her from properly grooming herself and Sprinkles entered with infections and a flea infestation.

"She's doing great. She's moving around and she's as friendly as can be," Devery said. "She's purring a lot. She's a very happy girl."

Sprinkles is now on a new eating plan but there won't be any crash diet.

"The vet doesn't want her to lose weight too fast because it could affect her kidneys, and cause other problems," she said.

A lot of people want to come by and see her. She is quite amazing.
    She is getting four small cans of Fancy Feast Classic food a day, and the plan is for her to lose a pound a month. That means it could take a full two years before she is down to her target weight.

And in the meantime Sprinkles has become a celebrity in the small shore town.

"There is a lot of curiosity," she said. "A lot of people want to come by and see her. She is quite amazing."

There have been other animals of Sprinkles' plus size found at shelters including Buddha, a 31.4-pound cat who arrived at a Tennessee facility in 2013 and Meatball, a 36 pound feline discovered in Arizona in January, 2014.

But the agency hopes that if Sprinkles gets a handle on her weight now she can live a long life.

2. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    I love sprinkoes!

[​IMG]

3. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    I can only imagine how that fat bastard was given the name "Sprinkles" :facepalm:

IfTheyOnlyKnew and teehee like this.
  4. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Maybe for thin spiration??? :dontknow:

5. MrWarmth

Reputations:
    FOUR cans of Fancy Feast a day?! Shove an Ex Lax in one of em and watch the pounds "squirt" away! I would throw that cocksalker off of a highway overpass and go worry about more important things

6. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    "Don, book me that fat fucking cat. Chunk, you're out."

image.jpg

7. MrWarmth

Reputations:
    teehee and TheMercenary like this.
  8. Smartguy

Smartguy This Space Is For Rent VIP

Reputations:
    Must be a vegan.

9. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If the cat diabeetus causes blindness, then it has a shot at getting on Beef's radar.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  10. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

We very interested in cat.
    Prease call.

11. pickles3000

pickles3000 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
  12. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    People are savages to leave a home and let a cat stay there to die of thirst and hunger. They should find them and arrest them for animal abuse. At least leave the cat outside so it has a chance to live.

I saw a black lab with 3 legs at a dog park once, the lady told me he was left chained outside with no food or water in hot south Florida. Eventually he checked his own leg off to escape, the people who did this were facing prosecution,

13. GoshGeeGolly

GoshGeeGolly VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    +1

14. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    my wife adopted a cat who had been abandoned in an apartment as a kitten. that poor thing was never right in the head. the only time it somehow got out of the house and went missing for a day and 2 nights, we found it under a bush at our neighbors - maybe 75 feet from our front door. we had walked right past him 30 times looking and calling for him, he was just too afraid to move. i always felt sorry for it but it wasnt a pleasant animal to have around. not aggressive - just...not right and it didnt live long, kidney shut down around age 9.

bobp and smichal like this.
  15. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    BREAKING: the cat's former owners have been located

Shortwave98 and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  16. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    After the tummy tucks, a potential "Munchhausen By Beth" ghost-written, illustrated-by-others anti-obesity book by our favorite barren-wombed faux author.

17. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    That is horrifying. Poor pup... :(

Skipnoid, Shortwave98 and smichal like this.
  18. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    my friend has a cat which was dumped in the countryside as a baby.
    it's still messed up years later. It is terrified of everything, especially strangers, and when my friend goes on vacation, it panics.

19. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    btw I wonder what Sprinkles was fed to get that fat. Probably people food, right?

Shortwave98 and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  20. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah, I would venture to guess that's what happened. My in-laws did that with their dog. When they passed away, we inherited the dog, and he looked more like a potbellied pig. :( We've had him for just over 2 years, and we're still working on getting him to lose weight.

JFTR - He weighed 34 lbs when we got him, he currently weighs 25. The vet wants him to lose another 5. :facepalm: I'm trying, I'm trying...

Shortwave98, smichal and harlock like this.