Obscure Match Game PM clip from the 70's featuring ex NFL coach Brian Billick

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Feb 16, 2013.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Brian Billick former Ravens head coach and on Fox's NFL #2 announcing team was on the Match Game over 30 years ago. This clip is so bizarre. Brian was only in the NFL as a player for one season. He was a volunteer coach at the University of Redlands when this was taped. He probably didn't have two nickels to rub together back then. He was an 11th round draft choice and it's doubtful that me made more than $20,000 in his one year NFL career. Scrubs made nothing in the Seventies. Big difference today where he made millions as an NFL coach and is paid millions by Fox Sports.

[video=youtube;rtowYApQNnE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtowYApQNnE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

2. pheelios

pheelios Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    One of the greatest game shows in the history of greatest game shows.

3. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    It's weird how Brian Billick got picked to appear on the show. I actually made a mistake in my previous post. Billick never played a down in the NFL, he was cut by the 49ers and Cowboys so he probably got the league minimum. The $20,000 figure was probably generous. He might have only been paid a few thousand to show up at training camp.

4. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:

Well, he was temporarily the No. 2 team at Fox. I don't think he's going to be No. 2 again after that Seahawks-49ers fuckup.

I like Billick. I follow him on Twitter (where he tweeted that video out yesterday).

Also, I enjoyed him on Hard Knocks after he won the Super Bowl.
    '
    Still, it was weird seeing him interview John Harbaugh for the NFL Network.

When I saw that clip, I googled the guy who hosted (Gene Rayburn, right? I only know that name from Private Parts). And sadly, he didn't live to see Billick win a Souper Bowl.

5. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    Being a few years older than Howard I have watched just about every game show from the early sixties. If you remember this one you probably have one foot in the grave. Seven Keys hosted by Jack Narz.

[video=youtube;lB-FyNwy7uY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB-FyNwy7uY[/video]