October 3, 2008...Will they make it to 10 years? ?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Nov 12, 2015.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Divorce experts aren't most most husbands financially responsible for their spouse for the rest of their lives in case of divorce after 10 years?

I recall reading a while back that this was the cause of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman divorce Tom didn't feel like paying for her for the rest of her life and we're soon divorce right before the 10 year mark I'll hang up and listen

2. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Depends on what the prenup says. Personally I wish it said she was sent back to her shitty apt with the leaky roof.

Ta Ta Toothy and SalsMasterShake like this.
  3. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    No. The answer is no.

4. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    There'd be an army of lawyers lined up to break that pre-nup the second they seperate. Howard would never want his finances aired in open court and would cave fast.

Ta Ta Toothy, reno, Icey and 4 others like this.
  5. usedtampon

usedtampon Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Once a man gets married, he's responsible for life. There's always a chivalrous judge who'll bend the law to favor the woman. Either don't get married, or change your definition of a "hot" woman to mean a decent, hardworking woman with her own money, not a mooch.

Ta Ta Toothy likes this.
  6. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So true... you think he would rather lose 100 million than tell the world how many marbles he owns?

7. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...in cali the 10 year thing is the definition of a long term marriage which opens the door to long term spousal support unless the ex marries again or you go back to court to have it modified if you can show cause. for some reason in america only men are expected to work and there is no 50/50 when it comes to sharing responsibility for real life shit after a divorce. equal shares or any notion of 50/50 is only for a man to give away half of his worth to a sloth that is never expected to be responsible for their own future. these laws are based on one simple thing, to prevent the state from supporting anybody whether theyre a child or a grown woman who presents herself to the court as a full blown retard who cant do a thing for herself in the future because being married to "you" was all she knew how to do. there are some major differences in ny vs cali divorce law some of the differences are surprising. beth will have no problem convincing the court shes a full blown retard.

8. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:
    Exactly this!

Early on before my wife and I got married I made it no secret that I had zero point zero intentions of supporting an adult woman. Why would I get married to than just have to work harder and longer to now support an extra human who is perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.
    She'll tell me about her friends that tell her they want to find a guy so they can quit their job and stay home and shop. I reply always with "that man will be the biggest sucker ever" or "wow! Your friend will be single for a long time I hope"

9. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:
    She is already nearly Wendy level

R.P. McMurphy likes this.
  10. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    I would imagine a smart attorney would negotiate from the standpoint of "how much is it worth to you to keep your dirty laundry out of open court, the media etc....." It would be interesting to know what that number is for Howie?

11. Johnnykstaint

Johnnykstaint VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Depends on the state but generally no.

SalsMasterShake likes this.
  12. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
  13. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My prediction is Howard's third wife is graduating from high school this year. Unless he comes to terms with his sexuality and his first husband will be graduating from high school this year. I give Beth until 9 years six months into their marriage before she is gone.

14. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Gold diggers are gonna gold dig.

LaserT likes this.
  15. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I have a feeling she'll cash out within the next year and enjoy the Hamptons mansion and riches with her best friend Katie Lee.

[​IMG]

Mike Huntslooce, Rhiannon and reno like this.