Officer Pulls Man From Burning Truck, Saves Life

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Nov 27, 2013.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Score one for the cops[/B] ..... Cape May Police Officer Scott Krissinger admits that he had “a million things going†through his head Monday night when he pulled up next to a burning truck on Sunset Boulevard in West Cape May. But fortunately for the man trapped inside the vehicle,

Krissinger didn’t dwell on those thoughts and acted immediately. “I just remember the smoke coming out,†Krissinger said. “I couldn’t see anything.’ Krissinger sprinted towards the vehicle, pulled the unconscious driver out to safety and then ran back to check if there were any other passengers inside.

“When I went to the passenger seat, again, I couldn’t see anything,†Krissinger said. The incredible rescue was captured on the dashboard cam of Krissinger’s patrol vehicle

He didn’t hesitate,†said Cape May Police Captain Rob Sheehan. “He’s a hero in every sense of the word and we’re very happy to have him as a member of our department.â€

Krissinger, a seven-year veteran, insists however that he was merely doing his job. “I think any of the officers at the Cape May Police Department would’ve done the same thing,†Krissinger said. “I truly do. It just happened to me.â€

The driver, identified as 61-year-old Gerald Ferrill of Mays Landing, was taken to the hospital where he is in critical, but stable condition. Witnesses told police that he was driving his truck with a flat tire and strange sounds were coming from the engine area prior to the fire.

“I would have to think the driver didn’t have much longer to stay in that situation without facing serious bodily injury,†Captain Sheehan said. “We’re very proud of him, obviously. He’s a credit to law enforcement as a whole.â€

Despite being hailed a hero, Krissinger remains humble, saying “I think there are heroes every day,†he said. “I just happned to be caught on camera doing it.â€

[LIVELEAK]baf_1385539444[/LIVELEAK]

2. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Hey now, a positive police story. :thumbup2::salute:

3. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope he handcuffed and beat him after for being too dumb to get out of burning car.

4. datchguy

Reputations:
    LOL! Handcuffed in the back of the car and still manages to shoot himself in the head.

5. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
  6. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    So when does he beat the shit out of him?

7. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Stories like this occur everyday, you just never hear about them...:coffee:

8. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    Especially from dawg.

9. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If that was the CHP they would have called the Local Fire Dept. set up road blocks to keep traffic out and set up a perimeter around the burning vehicle. If the Fire Dept. got there in time to save someone then all the better.

Or

If the occupant of the vehicle was on fire then rushed out of the burning vehicle towards the CHP or Sheriffs he/she would have been shot multiple times with the excuse form the cops that he was a threat to the officers on the scene.

10. datchguy

Reputations:
    HDP and/or the Harris County Sheriff's Office would've shot the truck and arrested to man or would've shot both the truck and the occupant and claimed that he was endangering officer's lives with a burning vehicle. "He charged at us with a truck that was on fire, we had no other choice. We also found a machete in the passenger seat."

11. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :pissed:

12. Morrisb

Reputations:
    This. The chief of police flew a guy up in the air. He missed a day without pay.

[video=youtube;80mcxjzLay8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80mcxjzLay8[/video]

13. crimsonking

crimsonking New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I reserve judgement until I see a picture of the victim.

14. datchguy

Reputations:
    Holy shit I forgot about that. Remember when our boys in blue killed a CIA agent?

15. Morrisb

Reputations:
    No. lol I'm checking for that now.

16. Morrisb

Reputations:
    *Google searched*

He flashed an id. The cop didn't know what one looked like. Typical speeding stop to dead on the ground in handcuffs. Routine. Look at how threatening he was.

[​IMG]

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...-the-scenes-of-Bulletproof-How-we-4993984.php

Every Houston police officer has a duty to protect the public — and the power to use deadly force to carry out that responsibility.

A Houston Chronicle investigation shows that police officers in the fourth largest city in America meted out that force at least 121 times in shootings in the last five years. More than a quarter of the civilians who were shot in that timeframe were unarmed.

HPD officers killed 52 civilians in those shootings from 2008 to 2012. But no officer was charged with criminal wrongdoing despite questionable shootings such as the unarmed double amputee killed in a wheelchair....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  17. datchguy

Reputations:
    Yeah, the police can pull people to form the grand jury, former cops are usually picked. The good ol' boy system in full effect down here.