Official "Is There A Podcast Today?" Thread

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Night Ape, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I heard Bochetti once got a Johnstown, PA 1 to say hi to him once.

Gunt, Nowhere Man and JustLurking like this.
  2. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Active Member

Reputations:
    Anybody have an idea of when there will be a new podcast? Artie doesn't have a good history of putting his vacations to good use. I have a bad feeling.

Artie tweeted a few times over the break from what I noticed. When was his last tweet?

Vincenzo69 likes this.
  3. blackcrystal61

blackcrystal61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There wa supposed to be a xmas special. They asked for people to email them there favorite ten bits which I took the time out and did. It never happened. Artie usually fucks up a lot over the holidays so I imagine shows will be here and there through February. I am sure he is also getting ready for his crashing comedy tour of which we heard so much about.

JustLurking likes this.
  4. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Active Member

Reputations:
    Yeah he fell off the wagon in Pittsburgh last February so your prediction might be accurate. Feb of last year was when he got back together with the woman who grinded up the pill with the salt shaker that ultimately broke, prompting Artie to snort glass, which lead to the bloody nose at the Pittsburgh gig. That sounds ridiculous just typing it.

At some point during the holiday, he tweeted that 2017 should be a good year, considering the new book and Crashing. It will be interesting to watch. Artie doesn't handle success too well.

5. blackcrystal61

Reputations:
    I think he actually got back with the chick in December. The salt shaker incident was in February but the drug usage started earlier. But who believes anything Artie says lol

6. Jeff Hitzz

Jeff Hitzz Member

Reputations:
    New 2 hour episode just posted.

7. JustLurking

JustLurking Enforcer and Sergeant at Arms

Reputations:
    You should post more.

Gunt and Jeff Hitzz like this.
  8. Gunt

Gunt I don't have time for honky skunks. Gold

Reputations:
    I'm about an hour in to the latest episode. I have chuckled a few times more than normal but it's a lot of re-hashed shit......shockingly.

Vincenzo69 likes this.
  9. APL345

APL345 Active Member

Reputations:
    Art you hate Janeane Garofalo, we get it already!!! I'm also starting to think $6.95 is a lot of money to hear the Tom Waits and Julian Lennon story.

JustLurking and Gunt like this.
  10. Gunt

Gunt I don't have time for honky skunks. Gold

Reputations:
    I don't care for Garofalo either but you don't see me spewing such hate towards her all the time. My money is on the fact that Art tried to fuck her and she shot him down hard. He's very bitter with women.

Nowhere Man likes this.
  11. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This reminds me...

Jim Norton, Anthony Cumia and Artie guests on an unexpectedly hilarious LIVE episode of Joe Matarese's "Fixing Joe" podcast. Anthony Cumia and Jim Norton are also guests.

Artie brings up the salt shaker incident and claims he now has a permanent issue with his nose.

Later, Joe says Artie had to leave to take care of a bloody nose.

Jim, Ant and others laugh uncomfortable. Jim says "Poor Artie..."

So now I believe the salt shaker story was complete bullshit. It's Artie's way of explaining why he gets random nosebleeds all the time now.

Kinda genius, in a delusional junkie kind of way.

12. blackcrystal61

Reputations:
    I didn't listen to joes live podcast. I knew art left early cuz he wasn't feeling well or something. Doesn't surprise me it was because he was fucked up. Joe posted on his facebook today people are shitting on him and his live podcast on twitter. Shitting on charging people for it and how bad his hosting was.

13. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Maybe but the real reason is Artie and her got famous at around the same time in the mid-90's and had similar backgrounds as Italians from the northeast.

Artie couldn't believe what a no-talent and prima Donna she was. Artie is right when he says Garrofolo got to star in a dozen big studio movies and sitcoms because producers thought it was genius that she would roll her eyes at people

Nowhere Man, Gunt and June DeMay like this.
  14. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Just listened to the "best of" episode. No way the fans actually voted on that otherwise they have awful taste. Gelato and Artie fucking picked those clips and they all suck except the Ashton Kutcher

Gunt likes this.
  15. Night Ape

Reputations:
    It's a fucking riot!

Virtually the whole show is Ant, Art and Jim shitting on Joe, his podcast and his whole "woe is me" attitude.

Joe gets butt hurt and makes a few poor, mean swipes in retaliation, to no avail.

I found it for free online just yesterday. Someone will probably put it on YouTube before too long.

Joe's such a shlub: nobody listens to his bullshit podcast yet he has the audacity to charge for "premium content"??

He's using his famous friends to make a quick buck.

It really was funny, though. Ant & Jim together are a deadly combination, especially when they have a mutual target.

JustLurking likes this.
  16. JustLurking

JustLurking Enforcer and Sergeant at Arms

Reputations:
    Kidding aside, I don't know how Joe is classified as a comedian.

17. Night Ape

Reputations:
    I found it. Provided I can imbed from DailyMotion:

My guess his qualifications are: "He has a car and can drive actual comics to and from gigs."

18. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    He's not. He can't even get gigs at shitty clubs that Stuttering John would turn down

Matarese is such an idiot. The best thing he had going for him was Artie's podcast yet he complains about paying to travel to Hoboken. An LIRR + Path ticket might be $10 each way

19. blackcrystal61

Reputations:
    I honestly thought joe was a good comedian but he has gotten more mental over time and he can't figure out who he was. First he was "fixing" joe and "medicated" then he went to "fixed" joe and he changed how he marketed himself. Then he was a man of the people with his out of the box comedy shows where regular people book him at a firehouse or some shit. Now he is medicated again. The guy wreaks of desperation which is a real turn off. He always seems stressed over money and his wife and not making enough money doing comedy. It's all sad and confusing. What happened to just being a comic? He looks creepy with the grey beard and it makes him look like he should be hanging around a gay bath house rather than doing comedy. The guy needs to work on being funny and not getting involved in his life and problems.

20. Night Ape

Reputations:
    This.

Joe is constantly trying different things to "get to the next level" instead of focusing on the one thing he should: stand-up.

If he was a formidable comic, people might know who he is outside of his friendship with Artie.

His whole "when's it gonna be my time??" attitude is gross.

JustLurking and blackcrystal61 like this.