Oh My !! Anyone Here Own a Foreclosure?

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by GSD, Oct 21, 2011.

1. GSD

GSD Active Member

Reputations:
    I don't recall seeing this in the mainstream media a few days ago. This is HUUUUUGE!!

This could really get ugly

Mass. Supreme Court Rules Previous Foreclosure Invalid & Bank/Servicer, not the current owner, is the Responsible Party

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-houston-weve-got-problem-bevilacqua

And for anyone without ADHD see below

Court Case Link http://www.ma-appellatecourts.org/display_docket.php?dno=SJC-10880

Here are the key components of the FRANCIS J. BEVILACQUA, THIRD vs. PABLO RODRIGUEZ case:

1. In holding that Bevilacqua could not make "something from nothing" (bring an action or even have standing to bring an action, when he had a title worth nothing) the lower land court applied and upheld long-standing principles of conveyance.

2. A foreclosure conducted by a non-mortgagee (which includes basically all of them over the last five years, including the landmark Ibanez case) is wholly void and passes no title to a subsequent transferee (purchasers of foreclosures will be especially pleased to learn of this)

3. Where (as in Bevilacqua) a non-mortgagee records a post-foreclosure assignment, any subsequent transferee has record notice that the foreclosure is simply void.

4. A wholly void foreclosure deed passes no title even to a supposed "bona fide purchaser"

5. The Grantee of an invalid (wholly void) foreclosure deed does not have record title, nor does any person claiming under a wholly void deed, and the decision of the lower land court properly dismissed Bevilacqua's petition.

6. The land court correctly reasoned that the remedy available to Bevilacqua was not against the wrongly foreclosed homeowner but rather against the wrongly foreclosing bank and/or perhaps the servicer (depending on who actually conducted the foreclosure)

2. Partyxanimal

Partyxanimal Well-Known Member

Reputations:

:jj:

3. wicked smaaaht

wicked smaaaht New Member

Reputations:
    ok, that ADHD was meant for me right? I saw this on our news

4. GSD

GSD Active Member

Reputations:
    No

5. Markijuano

Markijuano Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I bought a second home that's now ny primary residence as a short sell and don't feel bad one bit for the previous owner who overpaid ans couldn't afford it. Fucken babies whahh the bank tricked me. And the courts for entertaining and siding with these deadbeats.

6. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    agreed.....these fuckers are the same jerk offs whose shit dont stink till the repo man comes a callin for the bmw....

and the sheriff is there watching someone put locks on the doors....then all of a sudden they are an everyday working stiff...who puts their pants on one leg at a time....crying on tv about they dont know whats gonna become of them...they dont know what to do.....fuck them...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  7. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    cha ching

8. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    ...and both rulings were correct.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  9. GSD

GSD Active Member

Reputations:
    You're probably good. On the short sale the bank is working with the resident and the buyer to agree to a deal. Less chance of the alleged rubber stamping wholesale criminal activity going on with foreclosures

There probably are quite a few deadbeats. And also quite a few honest people that were screwed too. The latter are the ones I'd like to see get justice. Too bad the banks/services won't be going to prison. They should for how they supposedly handled many of these. The list of charges would be lengthy. I think one place I saw had documents 30 criminal offenses both misdemeanor and felony that could be brought against those responsible. If I run across it again I'll post it. I think one attorney had even laid out RICO charges for trial since he felt it was an organized criminal activity that was screwing many people

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  10. Markijuano

Markijuano Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That cat looks sooo high