Oh shit, not what you want to hear while taking off

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    SEE IT: Bird strike blows out passenger jet engine on takeoff
    BY David Harding
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Saturday, March 21, 2015, 4:23 AM

A passenger plane had to make an emergency landing after a bird strike took out one of its engines.

The Lufthansa Airbus A321 was en route from Beirut to Frankfurt when the incident happened not long after takeoff Wednesday, AirLive.net reported.

The plane was carrying 148 passengers.

The dramatic incident was captured on film by one of the passengers.

Moophz Himself via YouTube
    A Lufthansa Airbus A321 was en route from Beirut to Frankfurt when a bird strike took out one of its engines.
    Their video shows the left engine giving off huge sparks after the bird strike.

It goes onto show the plane returning to Beirut on one engine.

The video also captures the sound of passengers breaking into spontaneous applause as the crew guides the plane back to the ground.

An explosion from one of the Lufthansa Airbus A321's engines lights up the night sky. The plane had just taken off from Beirut when the incident took place.
    The video was posted to YouTube earlier this week and has already received over 52,000 views.

One commentor says the cameraman was brave for not panicking or screaming while filming the incident.

Limo Wreck, zutroy and teehee like this.
  2. aquadog

aquadog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This happened to me in the 80s when I was a kid. Our family was just taking off from Philly when a FLOCK of geese flew into one engine. Scariest thing ever.

3. La Flama Blanca

La Flama Blanca Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Bird strikes are no joke. An E-3 crashed while I was in the Air Force and killed everyone on board. One of the guys was a good friend in the Canadian Guard that played on our hockey team.