Ok lets get into this, Sal and the Long Island Medium endless mocking

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MatthewRosa, May 15, 2013.

1. MatthewRosa

MatthewRosa New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This is going to start another firestorm but I literally scream at my radio when Howard & Robin lecture Sal about this Long Island Medium(LIM). Howard admitted this week he is really superstitious however that is somehow ok but not believing in a Medium...... I just don't get it, this is absolutely no different than believing in Religion especially when you talk about having all your "Sins" forgiven by saying Hail Mary or endless other examples spread across every religion. On another note what the hell gives Robin the right to even remotely say one god damn word about this after that trip to Peru with the fing Shaman and Iowaska? I can't for the life of me understand why Sal wouldn't explode back at her after the crap she said today about his grandmother. She has tried every ridiculous weight loss crap(Beads behind the ears) along with going to that idiot who comes out on stage and just stares at the crowd(forgot his name). Plus lets not forget her involvement with the witches covenant and endless other crazy things.

2. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
  3. johnnynoname

johnnynoname Well-Known Member

Reputations:

umm- why?

4. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    the truth is that if robin did it, no one would goof on it.
    sal is so lowly in the show hierarchy that they would mock anything he did.

howard's medical beliefs (Dr. Sarno) is not the norm and would be made fun of by the medical community, but he gets a pass. if sal does or believes in something, it must be stupid.
    it's nice being the boss.

5. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
  6. MatthewRosa

Reputations:
    It just infuriates me to no end the way Howard,Robin & Gary talk down to Sal for believing in something that helps him connect with loved ones or gives the illusion he is connecting with them. That obese cancerous asshole beached herself down in Peru and took the most insane drug on earth with people she never met before in a place she couldn't pick out on a map and if she went missing no one could ever find all in the search for some "Meaning of Life" horseshit she needed to do and that was completely fine. Howard is seriously fucking insane, he goes to a psychiatrist 4 days a week, meditates and is "Very Superstitious" yet somehow Sal believing in this medium is crazy.....

If this was a one time conversation where Howard said he didn't like it or personally believe in the Medium I would be fine with that however this has been for two straight weeks now every single day. I really have lost a lot of respect for Howard in the last month or two with some of the views he has come out with. I used to believe he was a forward thinking, open minded man who used his platform to preach and teach his listeners to be more understanding about things we don't understand or stuff that goes against conventional thinking. But after Howard mentioned a couple of weeks ago he believes we are all alone in the Universe and believes there has never been any UFO/Alien sightings I completely lost respect for him. This just Long Island Medium bashing just confirmed that he has completely changed his thought process back to attacking anything he can't understand intellectually. I am not saying so much that all psychics or mediums are real but I believe there is a possibility those people exist. I also absolutely believe that intelligent Alien and UFO's have been seen and contacted. Just watch the Disclosure hearing videos from last week in Washington and tell me you think all those highly decorated officers, generals, pilots and government officials are lying. Anyways I guess I should stop taking what those senior citizen idiots say so personally but it just gets to me.

7. MatthewRosa

Reputations:
  8. ravenrules

ravenrules Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's probably all just a bit anyway. Just like Sal being bad at spelling or Sal not knowing much about history or geography.

9. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah always a crackup when John Hein gets all smug on the wrapup show about letting Sal go on and on like its some inside joke John has masterminded. The reality is its not funny, it doesn't knock Sal down because he's still funny, all it does is makes John and everyone else piling on look imbecilic for humping such a weak premise. A "kick me" sign is pretty thin in terms of comedy to pound into the dirt for half an hour like some old knock knock joke.

And the hour wasted on harping about the psychic, what a waste, its not funny, Sal's no more of a moron than Robin or Howard himself relatively speaking given all the scheister scams they've fallen for (iawasca, anyone) .. All it does is kills time and deflects from the problem that jack shit is happening in any writing meeting or otherwise to come up with anything funny.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  10. jackieavenger

jackieavenger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  11. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There is a difference between religion and psychics.

I don't normally defend religion. I don't believe in any of the bullshit.

However, religions have done charitable work. They bring together people and create a sense of community. They believe in bullshit tenets and bullshit gods. But, for the most part, unless radicalized, the religious are just seeking self-betterment and going to church because they want to believe that Yahweh Sabaoth, Lord of Armies is a just god.

Psychics, on the other hand, are shucksters and charlatans. There is not a single person on Earth that communicate with the dead. Psychics are masters of reading people and asking vague questions and doing so at the reward of money. That isn't the worst part, though, they typically hunt for the grieving, the mourning, the people that are having trouble standing back up and then they leech after their money.

It's fucking sickening.

People like James Randi have made it a life goal to find a lab testable psychic or anybody that has a power beyond the norm that can be tested and proven true. The people that can display a talent that trumps his tests will get a million dollars. NOBODY has ever claimed it. If this windbag from Long Island is what she says she is, she needs to visit Randi and win that million.

But she won't. She is a scammer looking to take dollars away from the suffering people desperate for answers and closure. And she cannot give them this.

Randi destroys homeopathy

Randi destroys a man that can move objects with his mind

Randi destroys Uri Geller

Randi destroys 'Psychic' Sylvia Brown

Derren Brown is another 'mentalist' that spend his time destroying hucksters and charlatans

12. cah155

cah155 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hahahaha

13. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
  14. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Hamptons, Robin, Gary, Fred......U-N-T-O-U-C-H-A-B-L-E And the show sucks shit tits because of it................

15. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    In fairness, Robin didn't go to Peru because she believes in some shaman's creation myths or religious philosophy. Ayawaska IS a potent psychedelic and it's illegal in the US. She had the means to travel down there and try it out legally and under the care of an experienced practitioner.

There are tons of people who say their lives have been changed by the DMT (Ayawaska) experiences and doctors and scientists are experimenting with the substance and other psychedelic drugs to help treat everything from autism and depression to empathy issues and drug addiction. There's actual science behind it and the "trips" from Ayawaska, good or bad, are a real thing. They're not imagined or "remembered" via some clergymen's suggestions. There is a real chemical reaction that goes on and many people find it therapeutically beneficial.

Likening seeking out drug experiences to believing in liars and con artists is kind of unfair. Robin's a loon, for sure, but the Ayawaska thing isn't as nutty as some make it out to be.

16. Dead Air Dave

Dead Air Dave Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A grown ass man going to a psychic(medium) is grounds for ballbusting. No matter who, when, why or where.

That being said, its a bit.

17. MatthewRosa

Reputations:

The entire argument you made against psychics can also be said about every single religion. Since when do churches not leech after money or not prey on the weak minded individuals who are in mourning? What about priests and other individuals that claim they "Talk to God" ? My main argument wasn't trying to side with psychics but if you are going to tell me that you believe there is a man in the sky watching over us or believe in any religion you better not say a word about believing that there are people with psychic abilities. I don't truly know nor will I ever truly know if there is or isn't a true psychic out there but I do believe that there is a possibility a person like that could exist. There is so much in our life that cannot be explained that it would be very closed minded and irresponsible to say nothing like that could exist. I bet a lot of people believe that the Vatican doesn't perform exorcisms. the ritual of removing a demon or supernatural being, yet the Pope has and many other priests perform them all the time. There are many tribal ceremonies and native american rituals that defy logic along with endless other examples that cannot be explained so I find it funny that people get on their high horse to slam psychics when in reality I guarantee most of them believe in something just as ridiculous.

18. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  19. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    and we can't forget that famous trip to an island where beth whimpered about seeing a fortune teller who told her howard would never marry her.

waaaah. it's OK for beth but sal is a fool. another example of howard's hypocrisy.

20. rotten

rotten Member

Reputations:

To be fair, anyone who actually read the marksfriggin post would see that Howard actually did make fun of Beth for going to the dog psychic.