Old clip of Howard and Gary irate about Elisa's invite to the Bday show. Why?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by abouttobefired, Nov 20, 2015.

1. abouttobefired

abouttobefired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Stopped listening in 2011 but caught a clip onYT of a show just before the birthday show. Benjy brought up Elisa and her role with the show and her invite to the bday show. Wiggy sounded panicked and Gary stormed in and tried to throw Benjy out of the studio. They seemed extremely rattled about the whole thing. Can anyone update me on what the hell was going on? What could have Benjy/Elisa done to get that reaction?

Sorry if it is old news. I am just a jilted ex-fan who won't support the wig wearing hypocrite so I am way behind.

2. Tracy

Tracy Little Miss Sunshine VIP

Reputations:
    Pretty sure there weren't enough tickets for staff to bring their own wives/girlfriends. Benji was trying to get Elisa a ticket on a technicality (I guess she was sort of writing for the show but how much isn't clear?) I recall a few of the staff expressing frustration that they weren't even maybe going to have enough tickets to bring their significant others...

Also if I recall correctly she did end up weasling her way into the party at the last second but not sure how. I think she just showed up?

3. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:

Wheres the youtube link?

4. abouttobefired

Reputations:
    Sorry should have included in the original post.

piledriver123 and Babalugats like this.
  5. abouttobefired

Reputations:
    Listening now that sounds right. God what a piece of shit Stern is. No room for the family that supports his staff every day. My cousin was one of the "lucky" listeners that got to go the show. He said it was all "celebrities", Sirius corporate people, wack packers, and a few listeners. He also said the auditorium large which made it extra awkward when jokes didn't go over which happened a lot. This guy is still a fan and he was pissed he spent money to fly out to NYC for the show.

blindbella and Guacamole like this.
  6. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think this was the segment with a great Benjy line.

Gary: "I'm gonna pull you."
    Benjy: "Pull my cock!"

LOL! And Howard did not back the mamamonkey! I think Gary got so worked up because this was around the time when Howard shifted almost all of the show production to Gary. Gay always had an inferiority complex about not being treated with enough respect by the back office staff. With the extra power, this was a moment when Gary wanted to establish his authority as a producer. He sensed that Howard was behind him because he kept telling Benjy to go trough Gary and for Gary to handle it. But when push came to shove, Gary was once again put in his place. Benjy I think is one of the people who are not Sirius employees.

And the extra factor that made things more heated was I guess they didn't want fans to know that Elisa was involved with the show as some type of a writer or something. It's pretty embarassing if true. Benjy kept trying to bring up why Elisa shouldn't be viewed as a +1 but nobody wanted to let him say it.

It was all pretty odd but entertaining I guess.

And yes, Howard is an asshole for not allowing wives/gfs to come (or Jackie or KC and other big characters in the show's history), yet he had room for Barbara Walters and other odd celebrity/media people. Plus the wack pack was hordes in the balcony away from the celebrities downstairs. Even MFB who never bashes Howard sounded completely bummed out by it on the air. Howard of course put her back in her place quickly and she has been a good solider since.

Babalugats likes this.
  7. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    They could not come because Howard had to make room for all his true "friends" like Lena Dunham, Whoopi Goldberg and robert Downey Jr. These people all had plus ones. He is a vile cretin.

the G-man, lisac37 and blindbella like this.
  8. TheHighHat

TheHighHat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    fuckin' Benjy. To this day, I don't know what the fucking deal is with that hiring. Howard hired this retard and parked him in the room with Jackie. Imagine hiring a second sound fx guy and bringing him into the studio!

A lot of funnier people (aka anybody) would have worked just as cheap. He's fucked up countless times yet somehow can't be fired.

He's got to be Karmazin's love child.

lisac37 likes this.