News Old news story

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Zelda, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    I was listening to a podcast today and they were talking about that news story where the guy killed his wife and posted a pic of her dead body om Facebook immediately after. Crazy weird when you hear all of the story.
    Husband who 'murdered his wife and posted a photo of her body on Facebook' claims he killed her in self-defense because she abused him and worshiped Satan
    • Derek Medina, 33, is accused of shooting his wife, Jennifer Alfonso, 27, then posting a picture of her dead body on Facebook in August 2013
    • He admitted to killing Alfonso in the post but has since changed his story
    • Medina's attorneys said Monday they have evidence that Alfonso was an avid drug user who battered her husband and worshiped the devil
    • Medina claims he was forced to kill his wife to protect himself because she threatened him with a knife and was acting erratically
    • Prosecutors say Alfonso was the victim of her husband, an amateur boxer

A Miami man who killed his wife and posted a photo of her corpse on Facebook shot her in self-defense because he lived in fear of her drug abuse, violent tendencies and even Satan worship, his attorney said Monday.

Lawyer Saam Zangeneh added that he will seek to introduce evidence that 27-year-old Jennifer Alfonso was an avid user of synthetic drugs such as Ecstasy, that she battered her husband Derek Medina and that she was deeply involved in the occult and Satan worship.

Jury selection begins Tuesday for Medina, 33, who faces life in prison if convicted of the August 2013 slaying at the couple's South Miami home.

Medina has been jailed since his arrest soon after the killing. The case gained national attention because Medina posted the photo of Alfonso's body on Facebook, admitting in the post that he killed her and would likely go to prison.

Scroll down for video

[​IMG]
    Claiming self-defense: Derek Medina, 33, faces life in prison if convicted of the August 2013 slaying of his wife Jennifer Alfonso, 27, at the couple's South Miami home. He is pictured here in court in early 2014

[​IMG]
    Gruesome: Derek Medina was arrested after admitting to killing his wife on Facebook and posting a grisly photo of her body lying on the kitchen floor (pictured)

NBC Miami.

'The defense's independent lab confirmed that the capsules are Alpha PVP, commonly known as synthetic ecstasy,' stated the defense motion.

According to the court papers, witness Bruce Bates gave sworn testimony that 26-year-old Alfonso used synthetic ecstasy and other 'illicit drugs'.

The defense also presented a video recorded inside the couple's townhouse showing what they claim to be Alfonso opening the kitchen cabinet containing the capsules just hours before the murder, Miami Herald reported.

Derek Medina (pictured in December 2013), who is charged with murder in the death of his wife Jennifer Alfonso, previously told detectives that he shot her 'six to eight times'

The Florida medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Alfonso did not test her for bath salts, prompting Medina's lawyer to ask Judge Yvonne Colodny to grant them access to the 26-year-old's blood, urine, tissue, hair and stomach content at the time of her death.

Zangenehm told CBS News that if they are able to show that Alfonso was under the influence of bath salts at the time of the deadly confrontation, it could play a 'substantial' role during the trial.

Authorities previously seized a stun gun, a.380-caliber pistol and two other pistols and ammunition and a large knife from the kitchen, The Miami Heraldpreviously reported.

Police say Medina killed Jennifer Alfonso during an argument. Her ten-year-old daughter from a previous relationship was not injured.

Medina appeared in court over the summer wearing a red jumpsuit and shackles around his wrists and ankles, while a judge approved a request for the preservation of evidence.

The request allowed Medina's lawyers to photograph markings such as cuts and bruises on Alfonso's body.

[​IMG]
    The post left several of Medina's friends puzzled, asking him for an explanation of what happened

[​IMG]
    This image was taken from the Facebook page identified as belonging to Derek Medina

Medina is facing charges of first-degree murder after he posted a message on his personal Facebook account allegedly admitting to the murder of his wife.

'Im going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife love you guys miss you guys take care Facebook people you will see me in the news,' he wrote.

'My wife was punching me and I am not going to stand anymore with the abuse so I did what I did I hope u understand me.'

Medina posted the photo apparently showing his murdered spouse lying in the kitchen with blood covering her face and left arm with the comment: 'Rip Jennifer Alfonso.'

He later told police that he shot Alfonso several times after she picked up a kitchen knife, and punched and kicked him.

In his affidavit, Medina said he had pointed a gun at his wife as they argued in their bedroom.

He later confronted her in the kitchen, she said she was leaving him, according to CBS News.

The affidavit claims Alfonso started to hit him so he went back upstairs for the gun as she reached for a kitchen knife.

He was able to disarm his wife, but when she started to punch him again he shot her several times, he told police.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tan-worshiping-ecstasy-use.html#ixzz3xq4fjmIU
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. Biff DiBiase

Biff DiBiase Philanthropist and accountant at Larry, Inc. POTY Stern Forum Gold

Reputations:
    What an idiot. Larry, Inc. wouldn't make such a stupid mistake.

tradioguy69 and Zelda like this.
  3. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah, should have just taken her on a cruise or long weekend in Detroit.

Zelda likes this.
  4. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    The dummy wanted to get caught I think. Real weirdo.

Biff DiBiase and tradioguy69 like this.
  5. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The guy responding to a dead body pic...

"What happened?" :jj:

JFK and Stag like this.
  6. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    What podcast?

7. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :echick:

chrisfromvegas likes this.
  8. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    Lol I thought the same thing.

9. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    Sword and Scale

cg256 likes this.
  10. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Good show. Haven't kept up to date, I tend to cherry pick their episodes.

If you like Sword and Scale you should check out Generation Why and The Last Podcast on the Left.

Zelda likes this.
  11. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    *cough* bullshit *cough*

12. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    Episode 57 and 58. Very interesting stuff.

cg256 likes this.
  13. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    What is?

14. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Save the bath salts for the bath.

[​IMG]

15. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    You really think she was on bath salts?

16. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    the guy's story that he was abused by a drug-taking satan worshipper- why not just leave?
    these lawyers come up with some doozys....

17. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    Ahhh yes. I thought you meant the whole story lol. Yeah, I don't believe that part either.

ilovebacon likes this.
  18. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Oh, hell, I have no idea. Perhaps the trial will reveal more.

19. zutroy

zutroy Totally nude. Totally flawless.

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure she's just resting. Grandma would rest in a similar manner at the end of family parties.

20. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    He has crazy eyes.

[​IMG]