One last 'Beauty' from the election Philly style - Comments encouraged

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by the Artie Chair, Nov 13, 2012.

1. the Artie Chair

the Artie Chair New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    http://articles.philly.com/2012-11-12/news/35069785_1_romney-supporters-mitt-romney-sasha-issenberg

November 12, 2012|By Miriam Hill, Andrew Seidman, and John Duchneskie, Inquirer Staff Writers

In 59 Philadelphia voting divisions, Mitt Romney got zero votes

it's one thing for a Democratic presidential candidate to dominate a Democratic city like Philadelphia, but check out this head-spinning figure: In 59 voting divisions in the city, Mitt Romney received not one vote. Zero. Zilch.
    These are the kind of numbers that send Republicans into paroxysms of voter-fraud angst, but such results may not be so startling after all.

"We have always had these dense urban corridors that are extremely Democratic," said Jonathan Rodden, a political science professor at Stanford University. "It's kind of an urban fact, and you are looking at the extreme end of it in Philadelphia."

Most big cities are politically homogeneous, with 75 percent to 80 percent of voters identifying as Democrats.
    Cities are not only bursting with Democrats: They are easier to organize than rural areas where people live far apart from one another, said Sasha Issenberg, author of The Victory Lab: The Secret Science of Winning Campaigns.
    "One reason Democrats can maximize votes in Philadelphia is that it's very easy to knock on every door," Issenberg said.

Still, was there not one contrarian voter in those 59 divisions, where unofficial vote tallies have President Obama outscoring Romney by a combined 19,605 to 0?

The unanimous support for Obama in these Philadelphia neighborhoods - clustered in almost exclusively black sections of West and North Philadelphia - fertilizes fears of fraud, despite little hard evidence.
    Upon hearing the numbers, Steve Miskin, a spokesman for Republicans in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, brought up his party's voter-identification initiative - which was held off for this election - and said, "We believe we need to continue ensuring the integrity of the ballot."

The absence of a voter-ID law, however, would not stop anyone from voting for a Republican candidate.
    Larry Sabato, a political scientist at the University of Virginia who has studied African American precincts, said he had occasionally seen 100 percent of the vote go for the Democratic candidate. Chicago and Atlanta each had precincts that registered no votes for Republican Sen. John McCain in 2008.
    "I'd be surprised if there weren't a handful of precincts that didn't cast a vote for Romney," he said. But the number of zero precincts in Philadelphia deserves examination, Sabato added.

"Not a single vote for Romney or even an error? That's worth looking into," he said.

2. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    Butt Hurt much. Go count your alleged bags of money, and remember you were dumb enough to believe that Romney was going to win because right wing media told you so. (your fantasy about MSNBC sorrowfully reporting a Romney win must have been good while it lasted):jj:

3. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Too fucking right!!!

4. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Do I think Obama legitimately won? Yes. Do I think there was rampant voter fraud? Yes. I believe there were similar statistics in FL and OH, but instead of 100% of the vote, Obama actually got 130% - 140% of the vote. I am not sure how that is even possible, and I am sure that liberals will tell me that I don't know because I am stupid. This, of course, is true.

5. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It would be great if there was a political forum for bullshit like this....:crazybye:

6. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    Politics forum - know it, use it, fuck off to it. :shit:

7. Bob Mitchum

Bob Mitchum New Member

Reputations:
    All politicians are the same. Blahfuckingblah.

8. the Artie Chair

Reputations:
    I was wrong. Now address 16,509 - 0 vote count you fucking asshole

9. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
  10. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Right away, Ms Harris

11. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I live outside of Philly and this is not surprising. The city is so Democratic that any Republican who runs for mayor is basically wasting his time. Why would any blacks who either have low paying jobs or on welfare vote for Romney. Mayor Nutter received the Democratic mayor received 74% of the vote when he ran for re-election. That 74% includes huge swaths of white sections of the city so you can imagine how many votes the Republican and Independent got in those same 59 divisions.
    It was probably near 0.

12. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i think there's always voter fraud. as much as either side can get away with.
    aren't there districts in utah or mississippi that have very few obama votes? :dontknow:

people say obama got the black vote only because he's black.
    that's false. if it were true, then swann, keys, west, and cain would have got the black vote too, and they didn't.
    i think gore got over 90% of the black vote. they vote based on party.
    probably a few % of blacks voted for solely on race, but there's probably a few % of whites that voted against him solely on race too

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  13. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    This. I lived in Philadelphia for four years and even the rich neighborhoods like Bala Cynwyd and Bryn Mawr had a lot of Democrats. That is Philly. Go into west Philladelphia and honestly tell me you expect one Romney vote.

14. the Artie Chair

Reputations:
    duh.........19,605 - 0. How about even 1 Romney vote by accident. Maybe even a virtual hanging chad or 2..... Btw, there are plenty of white voters in West Philly due to U of PA and Drexel University..... but of course you lived in Philly for 4 years so you would know all that. Nigga please :facepalm:

15. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    Then prove it. Well, we know you can't prove it b/c little to none exists...but at least show me these rampant rumors at least....and do any come from non-right wing blogs?

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/romney-got-no-votes-in-59-philadelphia-precincts/

Fraud! Fraud! Fraud!

A black man can't get that much of the vote!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  16. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    At this time I cannot prove it, and no one may ever be able to do so. And there is voter fraud in every election, as someone pointed out above. And who is saying anything about it having to do with his race? You're the one who brought that up, not me. At any rate, you might agree that some of the numbers are unusual. 100% of the vote in Philly, 140% of the vote in certain OH and FL voting districts. Those numbers just seem....odd. But what do I know? Anyway, we are simply having a civil political discourse. You're the one who seems to be getting hysterical about it and bringing up race.

17. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    So, we don't know...and never will know....but it occurs? Brilliant.

Um, the article makes the point that this district was very, very Democratic and Black...so race was already part of the story.

18. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    You win. Voter fraud never occurs. Not in this election, nor in others. Never happens.

19. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    Thank You. We should end all threads like this.

20. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    after further review, i am ruling no fraud there.

if you are planning a fraud like that, wouldn't you throw in a few romney votes so it doesn't look so suspicious that it guarantees every republican bigwig in the country to do a serious inquiry of it?