One thing I still love about the Howard Stern Show...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Chimney Portions, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    ..is when a guest comes in claiming to be a huge superfan and then you start to realize that they haven't listened in years (if at all).

Today David Choe came in playing that game and then it was clear that he didn't know how many kids Howard had or what sex they were (there was another readily known thing that he was unaware of, but I forget what it was). He then admitted that he hasn't listened in two years because he got bummed out when Artie tried to kill himself. Mind you, Choe's a dude who spent time in The Congo. He's seen some of the most brutal shit in the world and he's talked about it in the past. Artie stabbing himself was not the event that made Choe stop listening...I can't imagine anybody believing that bullshit for a second.

Clearly he was a casual fan at some point...he new some catch phrases and seems to be a fan of Beet, but it clearly ends there.

Who's else tried pulling that shit and then outed themselves by not knowing a damn thing about the show? I know Jerry O'Connel proved to know jack shit about the show and its history, but there's been others. I just can't think of them at the moment.

2. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    most people have lives and jobs maybe they can't listen 24/7

3. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Absolutely. That's why most people don't come into the studio pretending to be diehard superfans. You don't have to be Marks Friggin to know that there's no Howie jr., ya know?

4. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When Al Michaels came in last, he seemed to have no incling as to how much Howard has changed and treated Howard with the same "honor" as he would have in the KROCK days.

5. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I thought it was funny that he had to book himself. "Every other news outlet called me for an interview except the Howard Stern show - I had to call myself"
    Gary doing a spectacular job of producing!

6. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    He fucked up the phrase "Get the poison out". I think he used "release the poison", but yea, I doubt that he is much more than a casual fan. Too busy gambling and fucking to listen to old Howchie.

7. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    What a loser!

:jj:

8. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Actually Gary did, this guy is a huge bore. I like his art, but hearing this guy talk for 30 seconds made me change the channel right after.

9. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don't know what it is with Asians and gambling. When I was in college, a colleague of mine would own three nail salons one week, and then own none the next, then ten the next... Fucking highhg stakes shit.

The only thing I tune in for now is for the time when someone says something that makes Howard get defensive. Like how catalog models are the bottom rung of e modeling ladder. These are one of the only things getting more and more frequent as Howard becomes more and more of a hypocrite.

10. Mr Spigot

Mr Spigot New Member

Reputations:
    He went on about Howie not being the type of media whore that needs to be in the spotlight, thinking that H had turned down AGT. Ooops!

11. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    That's it! That's the thing that made Choe confess that he doesn't listen. He said something like, "Oh..you took that job?" and Howard asked him, "Where's he's been?" as if this some major national news event. What a delusional dope!

12. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Choe aint no dummy....He knows the game.

13. Mr Spigot

Mr Spigot New Member

Reputations:
    To be fair to Choe he may have been suffering from muff poisoning, what with him being intimate with 10 ladies most days.

14. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    I like a couple years ago when Bill Murray asked why he wasn't on the radio in Philly anymore, and does he still hawk Sterling automobiles? Bill could've sworn he must've had eight or nine of them in his garage.

15. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    This is unrelated.

But I hate it when you see somebody in the media mention Howard Stern, and they bring up "Lesbian Dial A Date."

I've listened since 1999, and have been a diehard fan since 2001, and in that time I don't recall Howard ever doing "Lesbian Dial A Date."

I know it's something he did in the 80s and 90s, but not anymore.

16. Rufusdoofis

Rufusdoofis New Member

Reputations:
    Who is David Chloe? They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for guests these days! And booey turned down Anthony Bourdaine? wtf

17. vaginapoosie

vaginapoosie black magic woman VIP

Reputations:
    i remember them doing celebrity super fan round table or whatever it's called with jerry o'connell... o'connell claimed to be such a huge fan, but i think only got like one question the entire game.

18. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    Whether or not he is a real fan I thought he was an interesting interview.

19. pheelios

pheelios Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That's because Bourdain isn't going to feign admiration and kiss Howies ass. I'm sure Gary is aware of how Anthony can get under peoples skin like he did with Guy Fieri, Rachel Ray and Paula Dean.

20. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    They turned down Bourdain?? Gary/Boff is an idiot. Sirius is a perfect forum for that guy.