Open Carry Activists Cause Lockdown At Schools

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Droog, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    What's the point jerkoffs like this are trying to make? In this day and age, a strange man walking onto school grounds with a gun? I understand the gun rights, but I think these losers are compensating for having small dicks. Furthermore, why aren't the cops gunning down these guys on sight like they did to that guy in holding a BB gun he picked up off a shelf inside a Walmart store? I would absolutely love it a Paul Kersey type mistook one of these guys as a criminal during one of these cute displays and killed him.

[​IMG]

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...open-carry-michigan-school-property/70249066/

Literally in the faces of disbelieving school administrators and wary police, two Michigan gun advocates tested their rights in the last 10 days to openly carry in the most controversial of places allowed by the state — public schools.

One rifle-carrying man caused Madison Heights educators to lock down Lamphere High School twice in a week, including over Wednesday's noon hour, although he barely set foot on school grounds, police said. And, the Ann Arbor School Board is demanding change after a man openly carried a handgun into a school concert.

2. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:

Next Up: A "Photography is not a Crime" nutjob walks into a Federal building daycare.

3. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Here you can't carry open or concealed at a school, unless you're in law enforcement or something like that.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  4. Thikken Vaney

Thikken Vaney What's everyone looking at?

Reputations:
    And here come the Obama hating, red neck, mouth breathers in 3...2....1....

5. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    I have an open carry permit. I carry constantly, but NEVER openly. I don't get why anyone would want that confrontation or that type of attention. :facepalm:

Droog, Gretsch Man, PI Nate and 3 others like this.
  6. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    I don't know that my post exactly fit your bill, but I tried. :wigtip:

7. Thikken Vaney

Reputations:
    Nope. Didn't fit.

I also have a CWP, but damn sure aren't stupid or redneck enough to want to go to jail for carrying on school grounds when I pick my son up. In fact, although I have one, I can't even remember the last time I carried it around outside of work.

7 years in and POTUS still hasn't even tried taking it. Darn... I guess maybe he was born in the USA too.

8. Thikken Vaney

Reputations:
    They're all busy googling 2nd amendment quotes, breitbart, and the blaze for witty replies.

kicksave7 and pilo like this.
  9. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    While I think you're an incredible douche if you walk around all proud of your guns, I don't see a safety issue. The only issue he could cause is getting these peoples panties in such a bunch that they outlaw guns on school grounds, so when a nut decides to actually shoot up the place, nobody will be armed to defend themselves. Unless the sign they put up that says "This School is a Gun Free Zone" somehow magically keeps out crazies and not just law abiding citizens.

There were over 40 people at that concert doing open carry, including three state legislators. Probably the safest room to be in that night if you ask me.

Doctor Remulak likes this.
  10. imissalison

imissalison f**k Mutt

Reputations:
    This happened about a 1/2 from where I work. It's amazing how many stupid people there are on this Earth.

Dorb, Droog, kicksave7 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Remember that?? If we give in a bit, they'll take all our rights! That way the govt will take over, only the criminals will have guns... Fuck man, guess google is slow this morning?

Thikken Vaney likes this.
  12. Thikken Vaney

Reputations:
    Concert? What 'concert' were these people at and packing?

jfc....

13. cg256

Reputations:
    From the article linked in the main post:

At a concert at Ann Arbor Pioneer High School last week, "things got very heated" when word spread that an activist was there wearing a handgun, said schools spokeswoman Liz Margolis. During a packed meeting Wednesday night, Ann Arbor school board members passed a resolution urging state lawmakers to prohibit open carry on public school property. Three state legislators and about 40 people wearing guns in holsters were in attendance, she said.

Gun rights activists say they are increasingly coming out to exercise their rights. And they say they want to educate the public about gun laws.

After re reading that paragraph, I guess that was at a School Board meeting concerning people that carried at a previous concert. My mistake. Probably the safest School Board meeting in history then.

14. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:

If the guy who shot Chris Kyle went nuts there, we can at least take comfort in the fact that he would be taken out after only one person got blasted.

15. Thikken Vaney

Reputations:
    Safest?

Anyone with even a reasonable amount of shooting skill, and crazy could have taken out a good half of them before any of them even drew.

Every fucking 2nd amendment nut thinks they are Wyatt Fucking Earp.
    Reality isn't that way.

Droog likes this.
  16. cg256

Reputations:
    And then the other half would have shot him dead, instead of everyone in the room dying. People need to learn to face the fact that guns are here to stay. We can't turn back time and uninvent them, and you can't make them all disappear by magic. That being the case, I'd rather more good people than bad people had guns.

17. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Only a complete a-hole would even attempt this....:facepalm:

18. Thikken Vaney

Reputations:
    Thanks for making my point. :)

19. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    I personally don't care to "open carry". I have no issues with those that do except when they do it to simply prove a point and create a spectacle. If you legally go to the mall with a handgun in the open and others make an issue out of it then it is their problem. If you go to the mall with an AR15 slung over your shoulder it may be just as legal but you are a fucking asshole. :toptip:

Droog and Thikken Vaney like this.
  20. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    this seems more like a case of a guy who's an enormous asshole than an issue of gun rights

you just know the dude is a complete fucktard and nobody can really tolerate his company for longer than 15 minutes