Opie's Weak minded idiocy regarding his Gwad and his children

Discussion in 'The Anthony Cumia Show' started by setai, Feb 27, 2013.

1. setai

setai Member

Reputations:
    “Faith can be very very dangerous, and deliberately to implant it into the vulnerable mind of an innocent child is a grievous wrong.â€
    Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
    Opie has always struck me as a stupid dolt when he interrupts space talk with dumb "is that God doing that " speculation , yet he insists on being a non supporter of organised religion, claims to "not know" whether he believes in God, etc
    The fact that a person who claims not to have a religion himself ,would cave into the wishes of his wife's parents and not only allow them to take the 3 year old to church, and Catholic church at that, is very irritating to me.
    If he had figured out that the religion bullshit is a load of fairy stories, and also heard the very clear message of guests Penn Jillette, Ricky Gervais and the many other atheists he has had on the show that the mind of a child is unformed and spongy till the age of 7, and programming it with a "framework" as he called it of christianity before this age is in fact locking its mind in a prison that very few manage to shake off completely, how can he not understand that its not going to be able to choose to believe or not when it gets older?

He always claims he'll give his kids "knowledge " and then let them figure it out for themselves what religion is "True". Then goes on to say they can choose between being Catholic, Protestant or Baptist!
    How about Hindu, muslim or Jewish? no chance of that !
    Or how about they are atheist? Never even considers that they should be that!
    At least be a man, standup to your mother in Law, and raise the kids NON RELIGIOUs until they express any interest in spirituality as fully formed people when they are adults, you HYPOCRITICAL, WEAK MINDED DUMMY.

And lastly he insists he's not forcing religious beliefs on the 3 year old (which he is) but then blasts the atheist callers who point out that the In-Laws are, with the blind fanaticism of a zealot. Letting the kid "choose" to him, is telling the kid about God constantly, and expecting a mind that believes in the existance of santa and the easter bunny to have the radical free thought power to dismiss this indoctrination, just because Dad says he has no idea what exists or not.
    He has also expressed the wish to opt out of schooling his kid! Where is Hudson going to learn to empiricly weigh scientific evidence and learn the true nature of science and the Universe? I hope he befriends his neighbour Dr Kaku or poor kid is going to be the stupidest celebrity child since Paris Hilton.

2. Caster Fly

Caster Fly New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This seems important to you, I support your crusade against evil Opie!

3. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold POTY Politics

Reputations:
    because he is.

4. qb123

qb123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In married life we pick and chose what fights are worth having and whether or not his 3 year old goes to church is not one worth going to war over, like the rest of us lay catholics by the time he is in his early teens he will see it for what it is.

5. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    at least he doesn't refer to his wife by her first name.

6. face palm

face palm Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    at 3 the kid isn't learning anything about God
    he is learning how to sit still and be quiet for an extended period of time

7. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    My kids were both christened in the Catholic church. I did it mainly to appease my then wife's family. To not do so would have been a huge no no in their eyes and I never would have heard the end of it. Now my kids are both adults and atheists just like me. I never pushed them one way or the other and their mother took them to church when they were small. Smart kids figure it out for themselves and like qb said a few posts up, you've got to pick your battles.

8. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    Oh and I was pretty much a kid myself at the time so I viewed it as a good excuse to rent a hall and get shitfaced.

9. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Religious discussion goes nowhere...Complete waste of time and energy