Oprah, 59, has the No. 1 movie!!!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Jon Hein is God, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    Is she the most relevant 59-year-old?

And unlike a certain other 59-year-old, she devotes all her energy to the channel bearing her name.
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/did-oprah-affect-box-office-the-butler-tops-box-office-friday/

And Oprah has a new BFF:

[video=youtube;UfGSUeCdx3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfGSUeCdx3w[/video]
    [video=youtube;zPU3P3tPKAM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPU3P3tPKAM[/video]
    [video=youtube;a7T7asMtJAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7T7asMtJAA[/video]
    [video=youtube;50On5Coby1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50On5Coby1g[/video]
    [video=youtube;PNwTBrs_RXk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNwTBrs_RXk[/video]

2. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Oh, goodie. Another movie meant to tap into white guilt and have us feel sorry for black people.

How about a movie where a black guy invents something and works hard to make a fortune? I'm waiting for someone to write that movie. In the meantime, they'll keep filming "Driving Miss Daisy"

Takei needs to hurry up and make his Japanese internment camp movie so we can continue to feel guilty. I'm sure those Japanese are feeling really awful about the Bataan Death March. Takei conveniently forgets that the Japanese are the MOST racist people on the planet. A non-Japanese human cannot even become a Japanese citizen.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  3. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I bet she smells like pickle juice.

4. Hello

Hello New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    What Steadman Graham thinks every night before he gets into bed with Oprah.

"Oprah's a bank account to me. I mean, Oprah's an inspiration to me."

On road trips what Gayle King thinks every night before she gets into bed with Oprah.

"Oprah's a bank account to me. I mean, Oprah's an inspiration to me."

5. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It would end up being how Edward "Skippy" Williamson and Frederick "Jif" Armstrong stole George Washington Carver's recipe for peanut butter.

6. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    She, like other prominent progressive blacks in power, continue to use the victim card whenever possible.

7. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I also saw an article recently that said Oprah's TV network is now profitable, even though Wiggy continues to call it a failure. Why doesn't he release the subscriber numbers for Howard TV and let people decide who the real failure is.

8. landfill

landfill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  9. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    great minds this alike...i just got finished telling my dear husband the exact same thing (except i used "nuclear scientist"). apparently, oprah's race baiting paid off. any white person who sees that trainwreck is out of their mind.....everyone in that cast is absolutely unwatchable. the characters of the presidents and their wives are almost parodies (i sat through the coming attractions of this shit) and the only decent actor is forest whitaker.
    they're already talking about oscar nominations for this drek.
    this realllly pisses me off.

10. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Because in the Howie universe, there's reality, and there's Howie's reality.

11. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...forrest wittiker didn't look like he was that into her in the interviews I saw. I bet shes as bad as howard when it comes to getting involved with a contract with her.

12. Mr Vengeance

Reputations:
    I'm kinda surprised Jobs bombed. Thought people would go see it. Kick-Ass 2 doesn't surprise me. The first one was kinda quirky fun, but the ads for the new one looked just dumb. The girl is older and it's just not all that novel for her to be spewing foul language anymore. Plus Jim Carey refusing to do any promotion didn't help.

13. landfill

landfill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  14. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    i think many people go to her movies, watch her show, etc. because they consider it their "duty". I'm surprised she hasn't run for president yet: the asshole vote would be a tidal wave washing her into office.

15. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...im not surprised jobs bombed. ashton Kutcher looked like he was wearing high school drama club makeup and his portrayal was 'stiff' and un natural. and fuck Justin timberlake while im at it.

16. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    i'm not surprised about Kutcher: i think the general public has realized he's nothing special and people have become tired of his constant self-promotion.

17. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    Carey refused to promote it because he thought it was way too violent.

BTW, Carey is a pompous asshole:

[​IMG]

Woz on the movie and Kutcher:

'Specifically, he said, “I thought the acting throughout was good. I was attentive and entertained but not greatly enough to recommend the movie. I suspect a lot of what was wrong with the film came from Ashton’s own image of Jobs.” It’s a compliment and an insult wrapped into one, telling someone they did a great job on getting their character wrong.

It has to be strange to go to a movie and watch your life, or someone’s interpretation of it, and there are a lot of people involved with this story that are very much still alive and probably don’t want to see their reputations get shat on. “I felt bad for many people I know well who were portrayed wrongly in their interactions with Jobs and the company,” Wozniak said.

18. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't watch the late night shows but I heard Oprah was on Kimmel's show last week and he didn't ask her a single question about her charges of racism when she was shopping in Switzerland. If Leno did that Howard would complain that he was kissing her ass and asking softball questions, just like he did when Mel Gibson was on the Tonight Show. Of course, Wiggy completely ignored the fact that Kimmel did EXACTLY the same thing when Mel was on his show.

19. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Get used to it. From seeing the trailer of that movie I bet it sweeps the Oscars. Hollywood loves to honor that type of movie, plus it did look good.

Forrest Whitaker is a great actor, and that helps.

20. Mr Vengeance

Reputations:
    I've actually found Justin Timberlake to be a pretty good actor in the stuff I've seen him in.