Oprah and Lance Armstrong

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Jon Hein is God, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
  2. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Stern related how?

3. cutiger

cutiger Member

Reputations:
    because he allegedly used steeeroids?

4. Fuzz Nuts

Fuzz Nuts VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Stern is a fag, so it is show related.

LA and Ooof-rah should be interesting. Wonder if he will admit to doping during the softball interview.

Stern is also a dope. Lance doped. Therefore it is show related.

Fuck Howard. Lance fucked Sheryl Crow. Crow was on the show. Fuck Howard.

5. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Lance Armstrong doesn't need this shit. I wonder why he would do this Oprah interview.

6. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lance is a PR disaster. He has lost all of his credentials. He had to step down from his charity. Lawsuits are piling up to start taking the money away.

Rumors are he has been in meetings to make a full confession to get some level of mercy. If he continues to claim innocence with so much testimony stacked against him, a dwindling fortune, and no ability to compete... he is pretty much done. I assume he will come clean on Oprah, which would be Oprah worthy news.

7. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Alone they can't be a party, but together they can have a ball!

8. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    But they can't take money away from him anymore, right? That's his money now, end of story. He's set for life pretty much.

9. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope he rides oprah.

10. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    there's prize and endorsement money, although the TDF money gets split up between him and his teammates, so that's gone and probably won't get contested. some companies are suing to get some money back that he sued to get in the first place :facepalm: it's a whole thing, don't ask

11. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    this just in:

[h=1]Report: Armstrong tried to donate $250,000 to anti-doping agency[/h]
    (CNN) -- A Lance Armstrong representative tried to make a donation of about $250,000 to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency before the agency launched the investigation that led to the cyclist being stripped of his Tour de France titles, the chief of the USADA told ''60 Minutes Sports.''
    "I was stunned," Travis Tygart, the head of the anti-doping agency told "60 Minutes Sports'' about the alleged 2004 offer. ''It was a clear conflict of interest for USADA. We had no hesitation in rejecting that offer.''
    Armstrong or his representatives could not be reached for comment. Annie Skinner, a spokeswoman for the USADA, told CNN that Tygart's quotes, released by "60 Minutes Sports,'' were accurate.
    The new accusation is another chapter in the twisting tale of Armstrong, a one-time hero to many who has now fallen in disgrace.

Armstrong will give his first television interview since being stripped of his Tour de France titles to Oprah Winfrey, her network announced Tuesday.
    A news release from the Oprah Winfrey Network said the 90-minute "no-holds-barred" interview will air at 9 p.m. ET January 17 and will be simulcast on Oprah.com.
    Winfrey will ask the cyclist to address the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency's report, which said there was overwhelming evidence he was directly involved in a sophisticated doping program, the statement said.
    The International Cycling Union, which choose not to appeal the USADA's lifetime ban, stripped Armstrong of his record seven Tour victories in October.
    Armstrong's lawyer: No talks with anti-doping agencies
    The World Anti-Doping Agency also agreed with the sanctions, which means Armstrong may not compete in sports governed by WADA code.
    Before the ban, he was competing in Ironman triathlons and had won two of the five events he had entered. Since the ban he has entered two non-sanctioned events.
    According to his Twitter feed, Armstrong has been biking, running and swimming in Hawaii. The Winfrey interview will take place at Armstrong's home in Austin, Texas.
    The New York Times reported last week that Armstrong, 41, was contemplating publicly admitting he used illegal performance-enhancing drugs. Such an admission might lead toward Armstrong regaining his eligibility.
    One of his attorneys denied Armstrong was in discussion with the two anti-doping agencies.
    Dan Wuori, a writer at cycling publication Velo Magazine, said Armstrong may reveal a lot during the Oprah interview.
    "I think what we are seeing here is the beginning of Lance's effort at redemption," Wuori said. "More and more continues to come out about Armstrong. This seems like an effort of Armstrong to get ahead of the story and control the narrative."
    The gain game: Why do sports stars cheat?
    Armstrong has repeatedly and vehemently denied that he used banned performance-enhancing drugs as well as illegal blood transfusions during his cycling career.
    Armstrong has been an icon for his cycling feats and celebrity, bringing more status to a sport wildly popular in some nations but lacking big-name recognition, big money and mass appeal in the United States.
    He fought back from testicular cancer to win the Tour from 1999 to 2005. He raised millions via his Lance Armstrong Foundation to help cancer victims and survivors, an effort illustrated by trendy yellow "LiveSTRONG" wristbands that helped bring in the money.
    But Armstrong has long been dogged by doping allegations, with compatriot Floyd Landis -- who was stripped of his 2006 Tour de France title after failing a drug test -- making a series of claims in 2011.
    Armstrong sued the USADA last year to stop its investigation of him, arguing it did not have the right to prosecute him. But after a federal judge dismissed the case, Armstrong said he would no longer participate in the investigation.
    In October 2012, Armstrong was stripped of his titles and banned from cycling. Weeks later, he stepped down from the board of his foundation, Livestrong.
    It is unclear whether Armstrong would face criminal prosecution for perjury should he confess. Armstrong was involved in several cases where he gave sworn testimony that he never used banned drugs.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/09/showbiz/lance-armstrong-donation/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

didn't he pull the same shit with one of the european agencies?

12. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Stern likes guys with shaved legs and in spandex.

13. Madipuppy

Madipuppy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oprah is just as desperate as Armstrong. They deserve each other

14. Nurse Remulak

Nurse Remulak New Member

Reputations:
    They are both complete PHONEYS. Going to fucking Oprahcow to make a "heartfelt" mea culpa when you have been denying what you did (steroids) for years is absolutely sickening. Keep diggin' that hole Lance...

15. Fuzz Nuts

Reputations:
    Lance is staring bankruptcy in the face. There is a long line of former sponsors and insurance companies lining up to sue him. His life is about to change.

Hate on him for doping all you want but it is self righteous hate. He rode and won during years of heavy EPO / blood doping, he just happened to be the best, of the dopers. Dopers are in every sport and a lot of sports don't want to know. Just look at football, basketball and baseball. Very few dopers are getting tested, outed or punished.

I wish all sport was clean but it isn't, and when there is so much fame and money to be had some people will cheat, if not all people will cheat.

16. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The problem with this line of logic is it was not just Lance doping. The team doped, and if you did not, Lance made it clear you would be gone. That USPS blue train was a real force to be reckoned with, primarily because they were the one team with a comprehensive program for all the key riders. This gave Lance an additional advantage (never mind the apparent payoffs to the UCI to look the other way).

17. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i don't blame him for doing it, i blame him for lying, bullying, and acting self righteous.
    the other riders came clean

i dont hate him, i just don't like him

18. Fuzz Nuts

Reputations:
    The only comprehensive program we know of. That doesn't mean there were not others. (operation puerto??) The payoffs / bribery to the UCI is fucking amazing. Latest rumor is the Lance camp tried to give the UCI $250,000.00 last year. Lots of dirty shit going on in sports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OperaciĆ³n_Puerto_doping_case

Yeah, I can't really argue that. He has been a bully and an ahole. If he does admit, watch what will happen, his money will fly away one lawsuit at a time. I think that is what motivated his silence, lies and threats.

19. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah sure, oofrah will provide a hard hitting interview...:facepalm:

20. Fuzz Nuts

Reputations:
    There will be some righteous indignation and then mild forgiveness.

I looked for it and the show is not listed on the OWN network on Xfinity. Oh well.