News Oregon's Umpqua Community College shooter identified

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Oct 2, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    The 26-year-old gunman showed a disdain for organized religion online, then allegedly asked victims about their faith before shooting them.
    Police have identified the gunman who killed 10 people at an Umpqua Community College in Oregon on Thursday as ********.

A MySpace account belonging to ******** is registered to Torrance, California. Harper-Mercer and his mother previously lived in Torrance before moving to an apartment in Winchester, Oregon, where neighbors tell The Daily Beast there is a heavy police presence

An online dating profile, linked to Harper-Mercer’s email address and featuring another photo of him, says the 26-year-old was living with his parents and searching for the “yin to my yang.” It identifies his views as “conservative, republican” and lists “organized religion” as one of his “dislikes.”

According to a student at Umpqua, Mercer demanded to know his victims’ religion before killing them.

The MySpace page features a photo of Harper-Mercer holding a gun and smiling into the camera. The profile includes images of pro-Irish Republican Army propaganda.

Lithium_Love was another online identity linked to Harper-Mercer’s email address. Under this username, he posted on torrent upload sites, sometimes asking people to donate to his email address to support the file-sharing work.

In a blog linked to that identity, Harper-Mercer expressed admiration for Roanoke shooter Vester Flanagan.

People “like him have nothing left to live for,” Harper-Mercer wrote on Aug. 31. “On an interesting note, I have noticed that so many people like him are all alone and unknown, yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are... A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone. His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day. Seems the more people you kill, the more you’re in the limelight.”

Gary Evans, 62, who was married to Harper-Mercer’s aunt, told The Daily Beast in a phone interview that when Harper-Mercer came into the world, his birth father was not in the picture.

“They were separated when I first met them, and I don’t believe they ever were married,” Evans said.

The father is Caucasion, Evans said, while Harper-Mercer’s mother, Laurel Harper, is African-American.

Laurel was the second-oldest of four sisters and was raised in Torrance, California, in what Evans described as a “very upper middle class” household. When Evans married Laurel Harper’s sister Maribeth back in 1990, Harper-Mercer’s mom was just starting to become a nurse.

“I know she went from career to career and then settled on nursing,” he said. “She was working full-time and taking [nursing] classes part-time.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/01/umpqua-gunman-id-d-as-chris-harper-mercer.html

lilbuddy67 and codeine like this.
  2. dawg

Reputations:
    The man who killed 10 people at Oregon's Umpqua Community College has been identified as 26-year-old *****, according to CNN.

Investigators have interviewed members of his family and friends, that report stated.

"He appears to be an angry young man who was very filled with hate," one law enforcement official told The New York Times.

One witness said that he asked about peoples' religions before he began firing, that report added.

It is unclear if Mercer was a student at the community college, Newsweek reported.

Mercer lived in a nearby apartment complex, which was cordoned off with yellow tape Thursday night.

A neighbor, Bronte Harte, told The Associated Press that Mercer "seemed really unfriendly" and would "sit by himself in the dark in the balcony with this little light."

Harte said a woman she believed to be Mercer's mother also lived upstairs and was "crying her eyes out" Thursday.

In the Los Angeles-area suburb of Torrance where Mercer lived for a short time several years ago, neighbors recalled him as uncommunicative.

Ian Mercer, ***** father, spoke to KABC-TV and several other media outlets gathered outside his house in Tarzana, California, late Thursday night.

He said it's been a "devastating day" for him and his family and he has been talking to police and the FBI about the shooting.

Step-sister Carmen Nesnick told KCBS-TV the shooting didn't make sense.

"All he ever did was put everyone before himself, he wanted everyone to be happy," she said.

The county sheriff said at a news conference he was not going to say the shooter's name because that's what he would have wanted.

"I will not name the shooter. I will not give him the credit he probably sought prior to this horrific and cowardly act," said a visibly angry John Hanlin.

CBS News provided this report:

"Posts on an online blog that appears to belong to Mercer reference multiple shootings, including one in Virginia in August that left a television news reporter and cameraman dead. The last upload on the blog was Wednesday, when a documentary about the Newtown shooting was posted.

"In one post on the blog about Vester Flanagan, the man who killed the reporter and cameraman in Virginia, Mercer apparently wrote, "I have noticed that so many people like [Flanagan] are alone and unknown, yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are. A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone. His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day. Seems like the more people you kill, the more you're in the limelight.

"An online dating profile that appears to belong to Mercer lists his hobbies and interests as "Internet, killing zombies, movies, music, reading." Under ethnicity, it says "mixed race" and his relationship status says "single -- never married."

"The profile also says he is currently in college and lives with his parents, is a Republican and not religious. It also says he doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs.

"One of the groups on the site that he belongs to is called "Doesn't Like Organized Religion."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/10/who_was_chris_harper_mercer_or.html

codeine likes this.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    What about his jihad friend on MySpace?

4. dawg

Reputations:
    The same source says he was part of #blacklivesmatter

I think we still have much to learn, this is what we have so far.

We do know for a fact he is mixed race.
    Half Black (Mother) Half White (Father) He is not a Muslim in the traditional sense.

codeine and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  5. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We don't talk about that.
    He had a white absentee father. That's all you need to know.

6. HorsetoothBeth

Reputations:
    He looks like my husband. Wait...where's my husband? :eek:

7. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Reverse mudsharkin I didnt see that coming.

8. dawg

Reputations:
    You married to a half breed? :wtf:

Dirty South and Domo Cup like this.
  9. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    This POS should not be acknowledged. He is dead now and should be forgotten.

10. HorsetoothBeth

Reputations:
    Yes, sir. He identifies himself as white since his black father abandoned the family. Shocking, I know.

11. dawg

Reputations:
    Sorry, i did not mean to come off as a bigot. My jokes fall flat, as usual :hug:

12. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He chose the way of the force

HorsetoothBeth likes this.
  13. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A soap box and spotlight for every douchebag on the planet.
    Ban it.
    Nip it in the bud!

[​IMG]

RONNIE THE CLAW, Tyrus and Thedomina like this.
  14. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Wonder if he was trying to pass as a republicans so the mindless people would ignore who he really was. There are no republican members of blacklivesmatter and no republicans live in Portland.

15. HorsetoothBeth

Reputations:
    No offense taken whatsoever. I laughed. :wub:

16. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    He could have used a lot more Religion (organized or not) in his life. War on Christians seems acceptable from the top down and these young people get influenced. Glad the asshole is dead.

17. dawg

Reputations:
    I always stick my foot in my mouth trying to be a smart ass. I know this, everyone knows :jj:

18. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Getoninja, codeine and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  19. Howchilla

Howchilla VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I think it's always proper to delve into the lives of the assholes who do these awful crimes.

Immeaditley after Columbine, the story going around was the killers shot up the school because they were bullied by the jocks. After investigating the kids and reading their journals, they discovered that one was a sociopath, the other a suicidal hanger-oner.

SouthernListen likes this.
  20. dawg

Reputations:
    He was not born there.

Gusbuss likes this.