News Original lineup of Guns N' Roses rumored to be performing at Soundwave Festival in January

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ben Dover, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    First time I've ever heard of this "Soundwave Festival", but it's a big deal to me when the greatest rock band of all time is rumored to be playing at it

Guns N’ Roses Classic Lineup Reunion Rumors Start Again
    By Jeff Giles August 26, 2015 9:56 AM

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

[​IMG]
    Marc. S Canter, Getty Images
    Well, that didn’t take long: Just a few days after former Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash shared the news that he and GNR leader Axl Rose are back on friendly terms, a new rumor suggests that the group’s classic lineup may be on the verge of a reunion.

This latest story comes courtesy of Australia’s Triple M (via Ultimate Guitar), whose Hot Breakfast show recently featured an appearance from James Young, owner of the Melbourne club Cherry Bar (located on AC/DC Lane, of course).

Citing “a very well informed heavy hitter in the Australian music industry,” Young said he’d been privy to “the most amazing rumor” regarding next year’s Soundwave Festival. “Now we know that a mystery band has come in and saved the festival, and now owns it, so they they are going to have a big say,” teased Young. “So what mega band could it be?”

According to Young’s mystery heavy hitter, it’s none other than a reunited Guns N’ Roses. “I have heard ‘fantasized’ … that it will be: Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Slash, and Axl Rose, the reformation of the original 1987 Appetite for Destruction Guns N’ Roses lineup,” he continued. “Can you believe it? It’s incredible; I’ve had sleepless nights fantasizing about it.”

We’re guessing most Guns fans probably can’t believe it, given how often we’ve heard this type of rumor in the past, and how staunchly the ex-members of the band have refused to reunite when given the opportunity. Still, anything is possible — and with Soundwave 2016 scheduled for January, we’ll find out the truth, one way or another, relatively soon.

Read More: Guns N' Roses Classic Lineup Reunion Rumors Start Again | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-rumors/?trackback=tsmclip

2. William Shirtner

William Shirtner Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That would be cool. I think the only reason Slash needs Axl is because he's getting a divorce.

iloveyoubut likes this.
  3. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wish I was excited about this. I watch live concert videos of the Faux GNR and Axl just can't sing anymore. If they tour, they need to get Van Halen as the opening act and have Axl and David Lee Roth battle it out for who is the bigger shell of his former self each night.

4. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Slash has done okay by himself but he cant make nearly as much money as he can with axl and the gnr name.

smichal and MilkyDischarge like this.
  5. Ben Dover

Reputations:
    Slash has done okay for himself. He is credited with designing the "bullet logo" that the band used during it's heyday in the late 80's/early 90's. He likely receives a percentage of the profits from every t-shirt sold, or anything else with the logo on it.

[​IMG]

6. blackcrystal61

blackcrystal61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wow. Even Adler?

7. Bosch76

Bosch76 2016 Politics POTY Gold

Reputations:
    Axl's voice is dog shit now. Who gives a fuck?

8. Ben Dover

Reputations:
    @MilkyDischarge and me, for starters

9. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    yeah I thought Adler was in really bad shape health wise.
    How is that gonna work? are they just gonna play "patience" over and over with adler on tambourine? lol

10. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    The Stones are playing it? I thought this was about GnR?

All the stories about "Adler can't play" are bullshit. I've seen him play and hung out with him a few times in the last 10-15 years. He plays just fine. He probably knows the material much better than most of the GnR guys.

The only way I'd bother seeing this is if Steven AND Izzy are involved. Izzy was 90% of the Appetite songs when it comes to writing. And Sorum is a robot. Can keep time but has zero feel.

Axl would be stupid not to do it at this point. Physically they're at a point where they're not too old yet and they're the only band (besides ABBA) that I can think of that can command Rolling Stones-type of money.

11. Outoftune

Outoftune Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They would be better off with this guy (and yes that is really him singing)

12. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    I'll buy you a beer at Soundwave!
    I flew to England in 2002 to see them at Leeds Festival.

Biff DiBiase likes this.
  13. MilkyDischarge

Reputations:
    Soundwave is massive, like Coachella.

14. EOMS

EOMS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Never happen.

15. MilkyDischarge

Reputations:
    Alternative Nation gives 10 reasons there will be a reunion,

10. Slash said ‘Never say never’ in May, and hinted at reconciliation with Axl
    The former GNR guitarist sounded optimistic in a May 2015 interview on CBS, admitting a reunion “might be fun” and claiming he’s on better terms with Axl Rose. “You know, never say never.”

Happy Birthday @AxlRose iiii]; )'

— Slash (@Slash) February 6, 2015

Buried w/texts, emails, posts, videos, n' good ol' fashioned cards. Greetings n' B-day wishes from everywhere imagineable. Thanks 2 everyone

— Axl Rose (@axlrose) February 7, 2015

9. Slash wished Axl happy birthday in February
    Slash wished Axl Rose happy birthday in February on Twitter.

Happy birthday @Slash May you enjoy 50 more!! pic.twitter.com/jE9P1mad84

— del james (@deljamesgang) July 24, 2015

8. GNR road manager wished Slash happy birthday last month
    Guns N’ Roses road manager, and longtime Axl Rose confidante, Del James wished Slash happy birthday last month.

Tokyo Dome 1993. Me in the pit, Slash on stage. @gunsnroses@paradisecity @Slash #TBTpic.twitter.com/Z3WCPsvWUy

— del james (@deljamesgang) January 29, 2015

7. GNR road manager posted a photo with Slash in January
    A photo was also posted of Del James with Slash in the background from an old Guns N’ Roses tour back in January.

[​IMG]

6. There was a rumor in January hinting at a major Guns N’ Roses development
    While this was obviously just a rumor, Jim posted on GNRTruth on January 2, 2015 that a major development had happened in Guns N’ Roses. “There are currently negotiations going on for the past several weeks that could prove very interesting if all goes well…Been a cold winter gtrunk, and hell did freeze over.”

[​IMG]

5. DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot have left Guns N’ Roses
    Guitarists DJ Ashba and Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal left Guns N Roses this year, and while a followup to Chinese Democracy has long been in the works, there isn’t currently a full live GNR lineup.

Spent the first part of my birthday with @tazbentley and Izzy…rocking! pic.twitter.com/Lqi6XWIxP8

— Duff McKagan (@DuffMcKagan) February 6, 2015

4. Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin have been recording together
    Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin reunited to record “How To Be A Man” early this year. “We were talking on the phone, and [Stradlin] said, ‘Let’s go record a song,” McKagan recalled earlier this year. Asked whether they’d be up for more music, he was positive yet noncommittal, saying, “We’ll probably do it some more. We’re gonna maybe record some more. But we just enjoy making music together and enjoy each other’s company. We’re allowed to do that.” The pair were reported to be in the studio earlier this month, and in an interview with Classic Rock Magazine, McKagan made it clear he’d be content to continue working with Stradlin indefinitely.

“I really trust whatever he does. If he says, ‘I’ve got a part,’ I know he’s got a part. It’s not like, ‘Let me hear it.’ It’s like, ‘He’s got the part. Good – that’s taken care of,’” he explained. “I’d like to do more music with him. For the rest of my life.”

3. Axl thanked past Guns N’ Roses lineups at Golden Gods Awards
    Axl Rose thanked past Guns N’ Roses lineups when accepting an award last year in Los Angeles.

2. Axl and Duff toured together last year
    Duff McKagan joined Guns N’ Roses for a South American tour last year. McKagan discussed reuniting with Rose during an interview on Talk is Jericho earlier this year. “After playing with Axl last spring and those guys, I just missed playing with him, I’ve got to be honest. I’m like dude, we should have been doing this for the – so much time has passed, of course. We talked about some things, we did, we thought we were just this gang, we weren’t going to fall into any typical rock crap, no man. We fell into every one of them man, and we were laughing about that.”

[​IMG]

1. Slash said he and Axl are friends again
    Slash has stated in a new interview with Aftonbladet that he and former Guns N’ Roses bandmate Axl Rose are friends again.

The reporter asked: “I heard you made friends with Axl Rose again, how was that possible after all those years?”

Slash responded: “It was probably way over due but it was very cool at this point. Let some of that…Dispell some of that negative stuff that was going on for so long.”

Slash refused to discuss a possible Guns N’ Roses reunion, asking to change the subject. The Guns N’ Roses News Twitter has a major update on this story, reporting that Axl Rose and Slash have been communicating for months, with a source informing them about their reconciliation months ago.​

ZosoHitler and Ben Dover like this.
  16. Humph

Humph Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Was at the GNR show in Dublin back in 2010, Axl arrived on stage an hour late at half 9, walked off stage about 20 mins into the gig after someone fucked a bottle at him, he ran out of the venue and down the Dublin quays with the promoters chasing after him, literally.

I lived close to the venue so lurked about for a while, within an hour about 70% of the crowd had gone home, low and behold Axl and the band come back on at 11:20pm and play for 2 hours, but Axl refused to move on stage and crooned the rest of the songs.

He's talented but definitely an arrogant, little twat and if they get back together, he'll figure out a way to fuck it up...I'd honestly be happier with a Velvet Revolver reunion.

17. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    I thought Adler was still dealing with drug and alcohol issues.

18. snowdog212

snowdog212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Was never a big fan could care'less either way

19. Biff DiBiase

Biff DiBiase Philanthropist and accountant at Larry, Inc. POTY Stern Forum Gold

Reputations:
    I hung out with Adler a few months ago when his band played a gig at a local venue. Dude was the coolest "rockstar" that I have ever met. Well, maybe second; Michael Anthony is the coolest. Anyway, he had no problems throwing back drinks after the show at the bar next door. So, he probably needs to clean that up as every other guy from the original lineup is clean. His playing, however, was fucking solid.

popspot13, TheWonk and stash like this.
  20. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i knew this, but i was trying to convince myself otherwise. u fkd up my dream putting it in text.

they are like a cross between my 2 fav bands, old stones and skynyrd