Ouch.......

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :brotha:

Seton Hall’s Sterling Gibbs hits Villanova’s Ryan Arcidiacono with vicious forearm
    With under five minutes to go in the game and Seton Hall down by 26, Arcidiacono and Gibbs were scrambling after a loose ball in the Pirates’ end — that’s when the junior guard clocked Arcidiacono.
    BY Bernie Augustine
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 9:01 AM

If you can’t beat ‘em, beat them.

Seton Hall’s Sterling Gibbs was ejected from the Hall’s 80-54 loss to Villanova after delivering a vicious forearm shot to the head of Wildcats guard Ryan Arcidiacono.

With under five minutes to go in the game and Seton Hall down by 26, Arcidiacono and Gibbs were scrambling after a loose ball in the Pirates’ end — that’s when the junior guard clocked Arcidiacono.

Gibbs was hit with a flagrant foul and was immediately ejected.

"I want to apologize to Ryan Arcidiacono," Gibbs told NJ.com after the Pirates fell to 15-11 and 5-9 in the Big East. “That's not who I am. I made a real bad mistake. I was caught up in the moment. I was caught up in the heat of the battle. He made a real good play and my temper just got the best of me. I really want to say sorry. It's really weighing on my mind a lot."

The point guard for the Big East leaders and No. 6 Wildcats, accepted the apology from Gibbs, tweeting: “Emotions sometimes get the best of us. heat of the moment thing. We’re all good. (at)SterlingGibbs4.”

While the players seemed to have hashed it out, Hall coach Kevin Willard isn’t done with the incident, and neither is the Big East.

RELATED: JARED SINA LEAVING SETON HALL

“I am extremely disappointed in Sterling’s actions tonight,” he said. “Our student-athletes are entrusted to uphold the morals and values of good sportsmanship and personal conduct that we preach to them on a daily basis. Tonight’s incident involved a young man of high character showing poor judgment in the heat of competition. It was regrettable, and we will address the issue.”

It was addressed on Tuesday afternoon, with the school announcing a two-game suspension for the guard.

2. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. fuzzynuts

fuzzynuts 99% Relevant

Reputations:
    reggies will be reggies...

4. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
  5. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Racial Slur removed by staff.

6. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    AAAAAAAAAGGHHH!!! :ninjapop:

7. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Suspend him from all basketball teams and activities on the collegiate level. Fits the crime and well deserved.