Outspoken Weight loss Expert Says You Can't Be Gorgeous And Fat……..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, Jun 10, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    'You can't be gorgeous AND fat': Outspoken weight loss expert, dubbed the Simon Cowell of slimming, hits out at curvy pin-up Tess Holliday for 'normalising obesity'
    • Hypnotherapist Steve Miller is the 'Simon Cowell of the slimming world'
    • Straight-talking life coach said it's not cool to 'love you fat'
    • American plus-size supermodel Tess aims to challenge beauty ideals
    • Voluptuous beauty made history in January by becoming the first model of her size to be signed by top agency, Milk Model Management

Plus-size body activist Tess Holliday became the first size 26 (US size 22) supermodel to be signed to a major agency, land a number of high-profile fashion campaigns and successfully challenge our idealised beauty norms.

However, controversial weight loss expert Steve Miller says he is outraged by the positive attention the 29-year-old pin-up is getting.

The outspoken hypnotherapist, who runs a flab-fighting practice in the West Midlands, told FEMAIL that it's 'ludicrous' that Mississippi-born mother-of-one Tess believes you 'can be gorgeous and fat'.

[​IMG]

Plus-size body activist Tess Holliday became the first size 26 (US size 22) supermodel to be signed to a major agency, Milk Model Management

Infuriated by the rocketing profile of curvaceous Tess, forthright Steve said: 'The last thing we want to see is a plus-size American barging into UK shores showing us how it's cool to eat junk, eat huge portions and love your fat.'

He added: 'Tess challenges the fashion industry's preconceived idea of beauty and believes you can be gorgeous and fat which is ludicrous because fat isn't great - it's dangerous.'

Heavily-tattooed Tess shot into the spotlight in 2013 after starting the '#effyourbeautystandards' social media campaign.

She hit back at the online bullying she'd received due to her non sample-size figure and sought to make it as a model without slimming down.

'Her assertion that being a size 26 in undies is a good look is a naive error of judgement, and one that would be better viewed as a fat aversion,' Steve said.

At 5ft 3in, camera-ready Tess, who is engaged to Australian Nick Holliday, has become a force to be reckoned with in the modelling world.

[​IMG]

Outspoken weight loss expert Steve Miller is outraged by the positive attention Tess Holliday is getting and believes 'fat' models should be banned

Named by Vogue Italia as one of the world's most influential plus-size models and having starred in campaigns for the likes of Yours Clothing, Simply Be and Benefit, Tess, who lives in Los Angeles, is the most in-demand face - and body - of the moment.

She has tapped into the zeitgeist and boasts over one million likes on Facebook and 800,000 followers on Instagram.

'Of course she is bound to boast so many followers because there are sadly a lot of fat women out there who are in denial about the dangers of being too fat,' claimed Steve.

'They prefer to hide behind the rhetoric of Tess and her attempt to normalise obesity.'

[​IMG]

Tess recently told British newspaper The Guardian that she has learned to deal with cruel taunts and negative remarks about her physique.

'I've been called fat my whole life. I am fat, so it's kind of silly to get mad about it,' she said.

'Everyone has their vices but mine are visible. If I shot all day and I want a f****** hot chocolate and a chocolate croissant I'm going to eat it.' :)

[​IMG]

Plus-size beauty Tess recently told The Guardian that she has been called 'fat' her whole life and comfort eating is her 'vice'

[​IMG]

At 5ft 3in, camera-ready Tess, who is engaged to Australian Nick Holliday, has become a powerful force in the modelling world

The voluptuous beauty made history in January by becoming the first model of her size to be signed by a top agency - London-based company Milk Model Management.

Motor-mouthed motivator Steve criticised the agency saying: 'By signing Tess, Milk Management have signed up an advocate of a killer disease.

'Promoting excess fat as the norm will probably mean many obese women die sooner than needed.'

Having been dubbed the 'Simon Cowell' of the slimming world due to his offensive comments, Steve Miller is no strange to weight struggles.

He used to be four stone overweight before dropping the unwanted pounds.

[​IMG]

Infuriated by the rocketing profile of curvaceous Tess, left, straight-talking Steve, right, said: 'The last thing we want to see is a plus-size American barging into UK shores showing us how it's cool to love your fat'

However, he appears to have minimal sympathy for those who are happy with their curves.

'I wonder how Tess will feel one day if a crying child explains to her that mummy died because she accepted being too fat because of the message promoted by her,' he said.

'Of course being too thin is equally dangerous, but the extreme fat acceptance Tess is promoting is arguably even worse because of the shocking explosion in the obesity statistics.'

Steve added: 'With fat being aligned to cancer, strokes and heart disease, the message should be that being too fat is unacceptable and can kill you.

[​IMG]

'Given the recent news that more cancer deaths are being caused by obesity, the plus-size brigade would be better branded as 'cancer contractors'.

'The "you can look good no matter how fat you are" mentality needs squashing fast.

'It is time to put out the message that if you are a size 26 fashion model, you don't look good, and you'd be better off showing your audience how you transformed to a more healthy weight using a range of weight loss techniques including hypnosis, mindful eating, and exercising for pleasure.'

Tess maintains her figure by working out with a personal trainer four times a week and enjoys walking, swimming and hiking in her free time,;);) according to Yahoo.

MailOnline have contacted Tess' representatives for comment.

smichal, OV, Guacamole and 1 other person like this.
  2. teehee

Reputations:
    Her tattoos certainly look almost as bad as the bod. I admire that she owns her fat..none of this its my thyroid/metabolism, I just eat grilled chicken and salad..She freely admits to chowing like a wildebeest...

3. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Did she eat her knee caps? :dontknow:

4. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    dangerously obese is not attractive
    the dude looks like a creepy weirdo and a bit of a dandy--but he's not wrong

and I don't like all these tattoos on a woman--damn right I don't

5. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Her head is way too small for her mammothness. The Miss Piggy tattoo is very appropriate.

6. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    The diabetes limb chopping will claim some of those horrible tattoos soon enough. :yes:

7. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    image.jpg

8. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:
  9. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    black chicks started this shit with their proud fat selves and now white chicks are jumping on board and its not OK it was never OK. Dont be proud to be a fat ass for christ sake

10. teehee

Reputations:
    What gets me is she says she works out with personal trainer FOUR times a week, hikes, walks and swimming…I just not believing her.. Also she is only 5 ft 3. Plus size models generally are tall…eeekk

smichal, cetiya, stanggirl and 2 others like this.
  11. babybear

babybear r.i.p 8/3/15, Wherewolf of AZ VIP

Reputations:
    London Andrew

12. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    Obama should load this fatso into a Chinook and drop her into one of those starving villages in Africa. That'll kill two birds with one stone... you'll feed the masses PLUS we'll never have to see her morbidly obese body again! :cheer2:

cetiya likes this.
  13. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It's nice to be OK with yourself, but size 26 is just plain unhealthy.

14. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    there's nothing beautiful about her honestly.

15. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We used to listen to his greatest hits in college. I always liked Take the Money & Run.

AbeVigoda, AmishGirl and ZosoHitler like this.
  16. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Her face isn't bad (certainly better than supermodel Beth O), but her thighs...Jesus, they are bigger than my waste. Also, those big ugly tattoo's don't help make her case that she is sexy.

17. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    Why do people give a shit if other folks are unhealthy? I couldn't give a shit less about fat people.

Seems to me fat people is just another group people want to "save." People today LOVE to have something to fight for or save!

WHo cares! If she wants to eat herself to oblivion, so be it. I feel the same way about junkies who want to kill themselves with the needle. Sure it would be nice if they took care of themselves, but it has nothing to do with me.

cue the "But we are paying for their fatness with our tax dollars and shit when they go to the ER and dont have health insurance!" That's a different arguement. I can't deny there is some sort of issue when for the first time in history the "poor" are super fuckin fat. But if you are a contributing, functioning member of society as a whole, i couldn't care less how fat you are.

Is this fat model beautiful? Well no, of course not. And Bruce Jenner isn't a woman either.

EDIT: Jesus i can't believe I babbled all that BS. BUt i did want to add that tattoos have become such a joke. I was walking around the other day and realized i think i may be in the minority because i DO NOT have one! And her tattoos are laughable. I would love to here the "story" and "meaning" behind the Ms piggy tattoo. You know because all tattoos have special meanings and stories and shit. :jj:

18. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My cynical self says that businesses have now decided young fat women are a marketing demographic worth pursuing who need a visibile "role model", so thus you have Tess, the spunky, tatted up grossly overweight model who supposedly could give two shits what other people think. In my mind, it's kind of a commentary on how fat America has become and I would expect more of this to show up in the media over time.

19. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The tats don't help either.

cetiya and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  20. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    The worst part to me is the fat upper arms which hang over the elbow area. Fffffffuck!

Beth Onostrosky and Guacamole like this.