***OV Critical Recommendation: "American Crime"***

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by OV, Mar 15, 2015.

1. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Having now seen the first 2 (of 11) episodes, I'm blown away by how excellent this ABC limited series is. It's the kind of intense, dark, well acted, professionally-produced and filmed realistic multi-layered drama you'd find on FX, not ABC. Great performances delivered by tightly wound Felicity Huffman and very flawed Timothy Hutton. If I were an octopus I'd rate it "8 thumbs up!"

Has anyone else been watching this? And if so, whaddya think?

From wiki:

American Crime is an American anthology[1] crime drama television series that premiered on ABC on March 5, 2015, airing Thursdays at 10:00 pm (ET).The series was created by John Ridley, and stars Felicity Huffman and Timothy Hutton. The first season consists of eleven episodes.] The series centers on race, class, and gender politics as it follows a racially charged murder and the subsequent trial.

The show follows the aftermath of a murder in Modesto, California. War veteran Matt Skokie is killed during a home invasion in which his wife, Gwen, is also brutally attacked. The series uses the crime and its subsequent journey through the legal system to explore complex issues, mainly through the lenses of the victims' and suspect's families

American Crime has been met with wide acclaim from critics. Rotten Tomatoes gives the show a rating of 95% based on 38 reviews with an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Raw, emotional portrayals of diverse characters in dire pain, mashed up with chilling narratives and a gutsy attitude make American Crime a must-see." Metacritic gave the show a score of 84 out of 100, based on 34 reviews. Deadline.com critic Dominic Patten said in his review that "the 11-episode limited series marks a resounding flag planting by network television and tells cable that it doesn’t own poignant drama on our small screens." Critic Ed Bark praised the performance of Felicity Huffman and wrote that she will be a favorite to win at next year's Primetime Emmy Awards.

smichal likes this.
  2. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    So i'm now current through the 3rd episode and the multi layers driving the drama keep getting better and better. . Just sayin