OWN cancels 'The Rosie Show' Note to Howard.. Never quit your day job

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Mar 17, 2012.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope for Howard's sake he has saved up his money because Beth is a gas guzzler, he has burned his bridges with most of his audience and
    the AGT gig will be short lived

2. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:
  3. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's awesome!

4. DogOfWar92

DogOfWar92 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This is just the beginning, Oafrah's network will be done for good by mid year.

5. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

i cant wait..

6. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Insert Fred drop....Negro woman from the south!

7. Guts83

Guts83 Active Member

Reputations:
    If Howard were somewhat funny I wouldn't tell him to quit his day job. But now? I'd tell him to stop scamming his "25 million" listeners

8. Frank Snotra

Frank Snotra New Member

Reputations:
    The Mayor of Philadelphia is on the line to reveal that her show in fact has NOT been cancelled. Mayor Rendell? Are you there?.......

9. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    mhmm.

10. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    Everything's a journey with Oprah....

11. droops42

droops42 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard is gonna have a show for her on 101. He should have KOAB back on the air.

12. Farticulator

Farticulator Member

Reputations:
    I can't believe anyone would listen to or watch that miserable cunt on the air....other than faggot Howard of course.

13. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    Oprah quitting her old show and starting this network will (already is) go down as one of the biggest bone-headed mistakes in entertainment history. Her old show was a cash cow (and she was the size of an actual cow) and she quit to start a Lifetime or Hallmark channel knock-off.

The OWN network won't last long, it should be dead and buried by the end of the year.

14. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    Doubtful. She's probably convinced the financial backers that it takes 3 to 5 years for a network to start paying returns ("in the black").

The timing of starting the channel is everything:
    1. Assuming the economy turns around and advertising revenue is on the upswing
    2. Assuming the expected increase in the demand for Cable TV / Satellite / Internet TV programing is not being met by other channels (how many other people are starting brand new channels these days?)
    3. Assuming other people are trying to start networks (from scratch, and making mistakes, drawing heat) sometime during the next few years, while her OWN is becoming more firmly entrenched
    4. Assuming Oprah's loyal fans stick with the channel and give new shows their fair chance
    5. Assuming Oprah can get enough advertising deals and get talent by not pissing off people like Buchwald and other agents

The channel will probably stay around the next few years, at least. It might even turn profitable by the end of 2016 (the next presidential election, which should inject a large amount of money into the TV community).

As long as Oprah can keep operating costs down to a reasonable level (something she could not do while paying Pumpkinheaded Rosie), she stands a pretty good chance of coming out ahead in the long run. Especially if, once the network does start making a profit, she plows the money back into infrastructure / cableTV / internetTV "pipes."

15. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    Most of what OWN airs is re-runs of old shitty broad sitcoms and girl flicks at night. OWN needs a ton of original programming otherwise it won't survive because there's tons of other channels that offer the same thing that have been established already for years. Just because Oprah puts her name on something doesn't automatically make it successful or attract her former viewers of her daytime show, as has been proven with the numerous new show cancellations. Airing specials every now and again and re-runs of sitcoms won't build OWN.

I could see OWN sticking around if Oprah brought back her daily show and maybe signed another huge show for her network like The View or Live with Kelly. Oprah tried to do that with Rosie, but Rosie didn't have her own show in 10 years. I never really watched it, but I heard it didn't have an identity. Rosie said it was "just a good time" show or something. It wasn't just a talk or interview show but it could also be a game show at sometimes.

To me Oprah isn't giving OWN her all and I think she was mistaken in the fact that she thought all of her fans would eat up anything Oprah (including anything she put her name on), when in fact all they really cared for was her daytime show.

16. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    I'm guessin the multi-untalented Rosie
    was well compensated for her short & miserable
    and un-spectacular tenure @ OWN .....big bag a loot :cash:

17. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    A "journey". Jesus Christ that jigaboom is a wordy fat fuck. Hey Oprah! Ya wanna take a journey? Go back to Africa ya fat ape!

18. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You're right. Arrogance got the better of Oprah here. People wanted her for one concise hour a day not some scattershot network of shitty shows and re-runs. Also, like Howard (another delusional celebrity) she walked away from some of her audience by going to cable.

19. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If Howard can pull off the scam that he did with Sirius, oprah ain't going anywhere. She has far more talent, more respect, more clout and more connections than howie ever had or will have.

20. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:

=============

She has lost a major portion of her audience it seems
    pity the fool