Paranoid Howard and his corded phone

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, May 22, 2015.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The man is convinced that people are listening to conversations on wireless phones. If you read the clip below you will see that Howard is delusional. His house is isolated. No one is getting close enough to even pick up the wireless signal. Cordless phones have a limited range. Here is another thing, who the fuck is he talking to that is that important that someone wants to eavesdrop. His mother, father, his kids, the limited few friends he has. I'll bet if you go in the homes of other celebs the amount of them that still use cord phones is probably less than one percent. I have no doubt as nuts as Howard is he probably has his house swept for any bugs every time he has an outside contractor doing work in his apartment or his house. You have to know some crazy billionaire CEO got to him at one of the parties he goes to do and told him about the dangers of wireless phones. Maybe it was some guy who ran a hedge fund. The difference is that guy might say something on the phone that could cost his firm tens of millions of dollars. He might be discussing taking a position in a company and buying large blocks of stock. That information is valuable and people would go to extremes trying to get to it. Howard on the other hand is talking to a doctor complaining that it takes him ten minutes to take a piss. Who gives a fuck!

Casual hackers or script kids can't just pursue DECT hacking. They can't use the tools without extremely specialized radio hardware. The radio hardware required to intercept DECT traffic is not cheap and is hard to locate and the new universal software radios available and capable intercepting DECT calls can be on the high end with regards prices.

Unless you're a immensely high value target that is guarding classified info or top secret files then the risk of hackers listening in on your calls using DECT-based cordless phone is most probably low. An illegal eavesdropper must find a way to be get close to your location to pick up a signal.

Are you worried about nosy neighbors listening in on your calls? Then you must upgrade your grandma's old cordless phone (most probably analog) to digitally based designed phone. This will prevent most incidental crosstalk eavesdroppers.

If you are super paranoid about someone listening to your calls, then you may want to use either a corded phone (yes, they are still existing) or encrypted VOIP services. Kryptos is highly recommended.

Now, let's look at the bottom line. As long as you are using a digital cordless phone manufactured in the past few years, hackers and other eavesdropping toms being able to listen to your calls are quite slim. Given the scarcity of the hardware required they are also expensive. Hackers are more predisposed to try hacking your voicemail, rather than listen to your calls.

2. Quality Control

Quality Control dove Gold

Reputations:
    Not pictured: Rolodex, half-moon telephone shoulder rest, telephone book, crystal bowl full of ribbon candy like at grandma's house.

Thank you for the reps, @teehee! :-D

Thank you for the reps, @Cylon! :-D

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  3. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Thats so funny. I have not seen one of those in years. What could he say that anyone really wanted to hear?? Maybe gay phone sex?? Even that, who would bother???

4. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    I'll give Howard this. He is so gentle and fey, adult cats actually seem calm and attracted to him.

By contrast, note the primal anger and fight-or-flight response exhibited whenever Harpy Shrew is in frame:

image.jpg

rabbigottfried, smichal and Weed like this.
  5. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ummm... Ok

6. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He probably won't send emails anymore after the Sony hack. Now it's secure corded phone only.

7. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    I use a corded (business) phone while at the house- it works much better, more comfortable, better sound quality, than my samsung. no one gives a shit what Im talking about

8. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    At the advent of cellular phones and analog cordless phones I had a scanner that scanned the cellular band. The government eventually banned the sale of scanners that had that band. It was still a simple modification to convert those scanners to that band. The hobbyist radio magazines still had companies selling scanners that featured that band. If the company manufactured the radio before the government ban date it was still allowed to be sold. I was listening to cell calls and it was hours of listening enjoyment. Sometimes you only heard one end of the conversation. People were clueless that their calls were being monitored by thousands of hobbyists. I would often scan for my cell phone to see if I could pick it up. You could also hear every cordless phone near your home within about 1/4 mile radius. Most people had scanners to listen to police, fire, railroad and airline traffic. A few years later cell phones were changed so you could no longer monitor their calls.

bea miller, smichal and Pussy Tendon like this.
  9. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

blindbella likes this.
  10. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "They'll steal my ideas Robin."

blindbella, smichal, Petal and 2 others like this.
  11. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    I'm gonna guess he's worried about what's ON his phone, not what he says. He's probably worried about pictures and videos he has on there. Can't imagine what they could be..Ooogah!

12. HPMikesLazyEYE

HPMikesLazyEYE Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    All those AGT and cat secrets are going to get out in public. FUCK!

13. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    What kind of SIM card does that thing use?

He is an old man who thinks IBM is cutting edge technology. Other than a huge amount of gay phone sex with Ralph, I doubt there is much in his conversation anyone would care about.

14. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    of course it's long and black.

15. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He might wear a tin foil hat when talking on the phone. Safety first!
    I keep a hardwired phone in my house. I lose power a lot and my cell phone and cordless won't work. My hardwired one will. Otherwise, I use my cordless and cell.

16. mape

mape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The thread should be titled "15 yr old skater boy molests cat". I have never seen a bigger delusional faggot in my entire life. What the fuck is he wearing? The t-shirt, cargo pants?? Best of all is the fucking long necklace OUTSIDE the shirt!!! Does he walk around like that or is it more like "wait Beth if your going to take a pic let me pull my necklace out.":cwl:

17. trampoline

trampoline Active Member

Reputations:
    i would probably cut off a fingertip if i knew it would result in hearing the breaking news that Howard Stern DonBuckwald and Gary Dellabente are all headed to federal prison for stock fraud… and several others being investigated right down to poor JD…That includes those two flamers will and Jason obviously…it would be the greatest news ever! Seeing a wrecking ball i Greenwich destroying Gary's house while he fights for his life in prison

18. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    Don't be knocking the half-moon shoulder rests!

19. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    His clandestine fuckery would no longer be clandestine if his calls were monitored.

20. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    as a kid my younger brother had walkie talkies that picked up cordless phone signals (landline not cell)

i still prefer a corded phone because the emf from smart phones freak me out, there isnt a lot of conclusive evidence about the effects as far as i know